PDA

View Full Version : King Air Climb Gradient for VFR

cordelld1
24th Jul 2019, 20:14
Good Evening, I am flying a King Air 350 in Iraq and I am looking for VFR climb requirements. I understand the Part 25 certification requirements but I m unable to locate climb requirements for VFR. As far as I can tell, the first segment which is 0-35 feet only requires a positive rate of climb. The second segment is 35-400 feet and a basic 2.4 Percent. The third segment is 400-1500 feet. The gross gradients can be reduced by 0.8 percent from what I can tell. Can anyone provide to me the required climb gradients for the King Air 350ER for VFR with a temperature of 40 degrees?

westhawk
25th Jul 2019, 08:06
The part 25 minimum climb gradients are applicable regardless of weather or which operating rules the flight is operated under. Meeting part 25 minimum climb gradient requirements should be considered as a limitation on the takeoff WAT. Any greater gradient requirements imposed by obstacle clearance or departure procedure requirements are operational requirements, not certification requirements. Though it is a certification requirement that OEI climb gradients for a range of WATs be published by the manufacturer. Taking off at a WAT where the airplane cannot meet the part 25 minimum OEI climb gradient is operating the airplane outside of it's limitations, VFR or IFR.

Third segment is acceleration from V2 +10/-0 to Vfto or Venr, the speed the fourth segment is to be flown at.

Happy to be corrected if I've made any errors.

aw ditor
25th Jul 2019, 13:17
What is you aircraft's State of Registry?