PDA

View Full Version : Grand Canyon Airlines

cooperplace
24th Jul 2019, 07:46
The other day they took me from Bar Ten Ranch to Flagstaff, AZ, in a Twin Otter. A wonderful experience, for lots of reasons. If only more air travel was like this. I especially liked the Departure board: a blackboard, with times listed as "12.30ish". The STOL capability of the Otter is impressive.

zed3
24th Jul 2019, 15:21
I agree, it is almost back to the good old days. A couple of weeks ago we flew from Mahe to Praslin and back, in the Seychelles. That was a Twin Otter, front row seats and no cockpit door. Safety briefing given at the gate on a screen, walk across the tarmac to the a/c, next to a BA B787 and Emirates B777 for the 15 minute flight. The STOL in an Otter was indeed impressive. It's a constant shuttle flight through the day.

Asturias56
25th Jul 2019, 12:45
Any flight on FIGAS is a joy!!!

TCU
25th Jul 2019, 20:34
I've recently enjoyed the DHC6's and DHC7's of Air Kenya into and out of Wilson and around the Mara. Loved the Twin Otter for its brutal simplicity and the Dash 7 for its brutal capability of hauling 50 souls plus luggage off a dirt strip, 5,000ft above mean sea level on a very warm day.

One of the DHC7 cabin announcements went "A welcome to passengers who joined us at Mara Musiara. Our next destination is Mara Masera. Our flight time will be 5 minutes and we will be flying at low level"