PDA

View Full Version : Port Harcourt !

ZAZOO
6th Aug 2002, 21:12
Are you working out here in Port Harcourt !..

Then let me know, we could all meet up for a drink at the Cheers Bar e.t.c.

Who knows maybe one day a big Pprune Bash could take place here for those of us in West Africa.

Regards
Zazoo
PS: I GO BUY THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS...:cool:

SASless
8th Aug 2002, 17:26
Zaz.....what effect has the military ban on Civilian operators flying out of the PHC NAF Base had on Bristow and ACN ? Were they not in the process of building maintenance facilities there before the ban took effect? Did Bristow pull back to the Shell IA ?

Airtoday
8th Aug 2002, 19:58
Pay the fare and I'll be there

ZAZOO
11th Aug 2002, 19:04
Unfortunately all civilian operations to the NAF base have come to a halt with effect from the 31st of july 2002.

ACN, Bristow, Skyline, Dana and the rest of the civilian operators now operate into the International Airport Port Harcourt Omagwa.

SASless your right ACN was building a maintanance hanger at the base and the civil work on the facility was quite advanced but has now been put to a halt and so is the road to acces ACN and all the other operators in the new site with ACN.
The likes of Dana and Skyline also put up some structures which are mostly all completed for their own operation.

I know the case is in court and an "ex parte injunction" whatever that means was obtained by the operators at the NAF base but nothing seems to have come out of that by the looks of it.

I will tell you more t'morow after our briefing on the whole situation and what management is doing as a whole with the other operators....

Regards
Zazoo

ZAZOO
11th Aug 2002, 19:16
By the way Bristow never pulled out completely from Shell IA.

Their operations from IA was scaled down due to the construction of the new runway with the arrival of the E155 :cool: so for safety reasons passengers were picked up and let off at the NAF base.

At least some of us could have said something about my Port Harcourt posting even if it was just to say wish I could but then give me a damn good reason why not!

Regards
Zazoo

Thomas coupling
12th Aug 2002, 12:46
Could you imagine how many would turn up at the Pprune bash!

Good political decision then, to close the place. You can see they obviously have plans for the place. Probably an international airport or a cultural centre......

Is oil really that important?