PDA

View Full Version : CASA Atpl flight test outside Aussie

Powerglide
19th Jul 2019, 01:05
Hi,

Looking for any information, on possibly getting a casa examiner over to NZ to do an Atpl flight test.
Test will be conducted in an approved Q300 sim.

uhoh
20th Jul 2019, 00:29
Hi,

Looking for any information, on possibly getting a casa examiner over to NZ to do an Atpl flight test.
Test will be conducted in an approved Q300 sim.

Is the Dash 8 sim approved by CASA Australia (https://www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certification/flight-training/flight-simulators-and-training-devices)?

Will be best to contact CASA directly and ask them.

Texanav8r
23rd Jul 2019, 01:17
So I was looking at doing this as well... apparently, there are only 2 examiners who can do fixed wing ATPL tests outside of the airlines. One is in BNE and the other is in Melbourne. CASA's response when I asked if I could do my ATPL test as part of my recurrent at CAE Dallas was "yeah, shouldn't be a problem." While TECHNICALLY correct, their answer is FACTUALLY incorrect and seriously disingenuous. If you want the examiner to come out of the country, YOU will be paying for their travel, accommodation, and testing fees while outside of Aus.

In the end, the math dictates that you do the $12,800 course at BNE in the silly citation.

CASA kinda sucks.

das Uber Soldat
23rd Jul 2019, 04:21
This is correct. I had the pleasure of paying for some muppet from casa to fly to nz to conduct my test. You pay for everything. It will not be cheap.

He complained about having to work on the weekend. For 180 an hour. I was not sympathetic.

Powerglide
23rd Jul 2019, 08:11
Looks like I’ll just be doing the nz exams again, at a cost of $1700.
Apart from the pain of studying again, and paying asl. :{
Looks by far the cheapest option.

donnuts
8th Jan 2020, 02:24
I will need to do my atpl flight test, any advise or contact to do so ?
I have a FAA atp.