PDA

View Full Version : SwiftAir to stop work for DHL

neil armstrong
6th Aug 2002, 17:32
Did hear a rumour in the crew room that SwiftAir will leave the DHL network!
Does anybody have anymore information on this??

Neil

RampTramp
7th Aug 2002, 11:01
Don't listen to false rumours Niel, especially in crew rooms!

neil armstrong
7th Aug 2002, 14:18
He Ramptramp,
Thanks for that ,The crewroom is buzzzzzing with all kind of stuff.
And 10% might be true if its that much.
WHats the latest with the 727 in EAT ,i did hear that there is another extention??

Neil

I Kid
8th Aug 2002, 00:11
Been in the same crew rooms as you Niel and jumpseated back recently with Swiftair crews and not heard anything of the rumours !! BORED again are we ????:rolleyes:

RampTramp
8th Aug 2002, 06:58
Hi Neil,

Looks like the Belgian government has 'lightented up' a bit on the B727 with some TOW restrictions.
With the B757 deliveries well behind schedule we still need the old girl.

coopervane
11th Aug 2002, 23:49
Acl are getting the bari back and are starting a nine sector night to replace Swiftair.........BGY,CTA,AHO,BGY,AOI,BRI,PMI,MAH,IBZ.
This means a slight change to the roster with crewing rostering the sky dogs just 8 hours into discression. Minimum rest in IBZ then its up to CPH,OUL,GOT,ORB,CGN,BRU,FRA,PRG for a shorter night. Still its better to be flying than sat around the pool sunning yerself!......and I agree rumours are only started by wishfull thinkers and management.
I kid.....trading in yer jag yet? if yer looking for a new cat check out the Cougar Post!

Eurotrash
18th Aug 2002, 16:51
Neil, not true, SwiftAir are alive and well. Dont work there but meet reps from there sometimes in my union meetings.

Dont listen to rumours in crewrooms as all you get is the bad side of the business. If you ever get into freight as a pilot you will see the good side. Meantime gimme more days off. I wanting some Stella on my 8 on/ 6 off.