PDA

View Full Version : Vueling 'most delayed' airline in UK

PAXboy
15th Jul 2019, 00:47
Vueling Airlines is the least punctual major airline flying from airports in the UK, new research shows.

The Spanish carrier's UK departures were delayed by an average of 31 minutes last year, according to analysis of Civil Aviation Authority data by the PA news agency.

Thomas Cook also performed poorly, with average delays of 24 minutes, followed by Wizz Air on 23 minutes.

Vueling said it had been "hugely affected" by strikes in France.

The research, which covered more than 40 airlines flying from UK airports, found the average delay across all flights was 16 minutes.
BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48983749)

Asturias56
15th Jul 2019, 07:19
I think it's 20 years since I expected a flight to depart/arrive on time

On business I find I almost always go for a flight earlier than the "optimum" as so many parts of the journey are (predictably) delayed

Hotel Tango
15th Jul 2019, 11:42
According to my personal experience I would give that accolade to Eurowings! I consider a 30 minute delay with them as "on time"!!!

Asturias56
16th Jul 2019, 07:43
Back in the 90's I'd turn up at Rome for an Alitalia flight to say Pars or London to find it was Delayed - always - but they were delayed by so much you could always get on the "previous" flight which was delayed also - so I used to depart on time but on a different flight.

I once asked the check in crew why they didn't just change the flight numbers to put them all back on schedule and they were shocked, shocked.......

alserire
16th Jul 2019, 14:24
I think it's 20 years since I expected a flight to depart/arrive on time

On business I find I almost always go for a flight earlier than the "optimum" as so many parts of the journey are (predictably) delayed

Living in Dublin I fly mostly with EI and LH. Hardly ever late in my experience. And I don't like being late. Maybe I'm just lucky