PDA

View Full Version : IREX study material

Melbjorn
14th Jul 2019, 22:40
Looking to buy IREX study material, primarily sample examination questions but also the "Instrument Rating" book by Aviation Theory Centre.

I live in Melbourne. PM me if you'd like to part with your copy.

NWS Inop
18th Jul 2019, 01:13
Have you considered the Bob Tait IREX Manual? A very good study guide as it doesn't get bogged down in the peripherals. Could well be a bit cheaper also... I still have a copy, but it's over 10 years old now, so a little dated. All the best with the study.

Ollie Onion
18th Jul 2019, 04:18
I second the bob tait booked, that’s all I used for the IREX.

Ironpot
18th Jul 2019, 04:47
I second the bob tait booked, that’s all I used for the IREX.

Thirded! SH is no good cos they change the regs so often. Buy the latest version or you’re wasting your hard- earned!

Melbjorn
18th Jul 2019, 22:53
Thanks for the pointers. I already have the last Bob Tait IR book and while that's a fine read (even the last version has outdated references but that's probably a lost battle anyway), with all due respect to Bob, I find the flow of the text somewhat broken at times. I think he should read once through it and give it a polishing touch. That's why I'm looking for the Aviation Theory Centre equivalent. I don't care if references are out of date because I always cross check them by default and will be updating them along the way.