PDA

View Full Version : Flying school recommendations for aerial, survey, Sling loads etc

kentcopter
13th Jul 2019, 11:49
Hi i am looking for recommendations for helicopter schools that do courses in the following please..

Sling loads.
Aerial inspections
Services to the power line industry.
Construction.

I am in the UK but will consider other countries.

KC

heli14
13th Jul 2019, 16:07
Not sure if they offer training in those areas, but Helicopter Services at White Waltham (formerly Wycombe) conduct operations such as load lifting, aerial filming etc. Leon and team have a lot of experience; if they can't provide the training themselves for any reason, I would think they'd be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

h14

paco
13th Jul 2019, 16:12
Just what I was going to suggest..... But Canada would be a good place to try otherwise.

nigelh
13th Jul 2019, 19:38
I will be using my 505 for load lifting etc training. Just finished the Bell training in Dallas . Even more respect for what an amazing machine the 505 is after 50 autos to the ground in every phase of flight ... stuck pedals etc . It is a very robust and powerful machine !! I will post more about it later but to anyone who hasn’t done the course with Bell .... if you get a chance do it . It’s pretty full on work in classroom , Sim and Helicopters but every auto goes to the ground .... even the ones you completely mess up !!

MikeNYC
16th Jul 2019, 00:05
In the USA, I hear good things about Western: Training | Western Helicopters (http://westernhelicopters.com/helicopter-training/)