PDA

View Full Version : DGCA ATPL Renewal

Pulkdahulk
12th Jul 2019, 08:01
Friends,

Need to Renew my DGCA ATPL License. Expires in Aug 2020.

1. I have a PIC Endorsement on C172 and BE 76. Both aircrafts cannot be used to renew ATPL now. Renewing ATPL Validity means IR automatically gets renewed. I have a B 757 endorsement but that's of no use as it has been 2.5 years since my last flight and will need refresher course. I plan to add a DA-42 on the license. How do we go about the process? What DA-42 Engines Technical Specific exam should i sit for. I would like to do this exam right away and then either fly in the US or do the flying locally in India (whichever is faster, cheaper and convenient)

2. I currently fly the 777 but those hours cannot be used as my license is not endorsed with this Type. I also looked at that opportunity to add the rating to the Indian License but its very expensive and we have to go to Air India for Sim Check every year. I was open to doing it and now do IR every year and that allows to extend the validity of the ATPL for another 5 years which also may seem a good idea, but i love the prospect of doing the DA-42 as it is a wonderful airplane to learn and fly

3. To Renew the RTR Permit, based of my Canadian CPL and RT, how many hours in the last 3 months or 3 years - What is the regulation for flying hours in India to renew. My Canadian CPL is valid till June 2026 and RT is lifetime.

4.Preferable school to do these checks or flying in India once Technical Exam is passed. What happens after clearing the Specific. What is the Process after that keeping in mind, that i will renew my Indian Medical again with AFCME as it has been two years lapsed so a fresh Medical is required.

Thanks