PDA

View Full Version : West Jet ...?

yellowtriumph
11th Jul 2019, 16:12
We have a forthcoming trip planned to Canada (in/out Halifax) from London. When we booked this a couple of months ago we were due to fly Air Canada. With the 737Max problems our original flight has been cancelled and we were offered a flight to Halifax via Toronto. As an alternative our booking agent offered us direct flights on West Jet which we have accepted on the basis the flight is not so long and we will be flying Premium.

The agent said West Jet started off as a low cost carrier but that they had a much improved service now and they actually recommend UK/Canada flights on them. It is £100 cheaper each on West Jet but in this case that is neither here nor there.

Does the team think we have made an OK decision?

Asturias56
11th Jul 2019, 16:45
yes - you'd hate every second after you passed Halifax knowing you had to duplicate it coming back

And then the time you waste in transit in Toronto........................ you'd be turning a 7 hr Westjet non-stop flight into a 9.5 (maybe plus plus) with the fun of transit thrown in on Air Canada

And I've heard premium is OK - not as good as legacy Business but for a daylight flight not bad

yellowtriumph
11th Jul 2019, 18:30
yes - you'd hate every second after you passed Halifax knowing you had to duplicate it coming back

And then the time you waste in transit in Toronto........................ you'd be turning a 7 hr Westjet non-stop flight into a 9.5 (maybe plus plus) with the fun of transit thrown in on Air Canada

And I've heard premium is OK - not as good as legacy Business but for a daylight flight not bad

Thank you for your reply, which I am pleased read!

Kiltrash
12th Jul 2019, 17:38
WE flew Westjet internal last year on a B738 in Econ (4hr flight) and was fine, would have no issue with the 6+ hr flight across the pond. IFE and power fine as was the airline meal. Only thing was after returning and I re checked the width is only 17in in Econ and just checked and is also 17in in Premium

Hotel Tango
13th Jul 2019, 10:22

It may depend on the aircraft type. From what I could deduce looking through their site, the 787 has Business Class, Premium (Economy) Class and Economy Class. It's not really fair making a comparison between Westjet's Premium Economy with that of a legacy carrier's Business Class. Perhaps it would be fairer to compare like for like, i.e. their Premium Economy with Premium Economy of a legacy carrier.

yellowtriumph
13th Jul 2019, 14:50
Seat Guru informs me its a 737-700 both ways.

rog747
13th Jul 2019, 16:55
Seat Guru informs me its a 737-700 both ways.

WJ were having nice new 2-2 nice premium seats on their new MAX's but that has stalled - WJ say they are rolling out these better seats across their 737 fleet
They say (3 months ago) ''We are in the process of reconfiguring our 737-800 and 600 models right now. We will begin the reconfiguration process for our -700s starting this summer.''

yellowtriumph
14th Jul 2019, 14:54
WJ were having nice new 2-2 nice premium seats on their new MAX's but that has stalled - WJ say they are rolling out these better seats across their 737 fleet
They say (3 months ago) ''We are in the process of reconfiguring our 737-800 and 600 models right now. We will begin the reconfiguration process for our -700s starting this summer.''

According to our booking agent’s paperwork, we are in two seats separated by an empty seat in between. This in September.

Hotel Tango
14th Jul 2019, 15:02
According to our booking agent’s paperwork, we are in two seats separated by an empty seat in between. This in September.

Between now and September that may possibly change. So keep your fingers crossed ;)