PDA

View Full Version : Planned march to storm Homey Airport

chopper2004
11th Jul 2019, 00:32
Came across this laughingly on FB helicopter Pilots Group. It’s all over the web but seriously 😑 are people that stupid to attempt any mass break into Homey Airport and it’s surrounding area.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/470000-people-planning-to-storm-area-51-form-outrageous-plan/?source=facebook

Well seeming as it’s in public domain, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out

1) Can see numerous arrests of ringleaders very shortly by the likes of Feds, LVMPD, Lincoln County Sheriff.

2) if nothing happens between now and then, I suspect every law Enforcement Agency from the Strip to Nellis if not the whole state and Feds, AFOSI, et al will be rubbing their hands in glee on the day.

3) Assuming they got anywhere off the Extraterrestrial Highway and moved toward the restricted area I suspect use of deadly force will be authorised.

4) In conclusion .....the jails, courthouses, maybe hospitals and god forbid, the local medical examiners office, funeral homes (mortuaries) could have some form of business (or need to empty a hangar it at Nellis).

5) More worrying ....what if certain mId east bad guys are in that crowd, or likes of FSB...

it is not April 1st is it?.

Cheers

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/443x960/b797da42_d7d5_4907_8945_a127a704ef8f_bfee724e09a4315de382099 3cf73d7e49c7e5298.jpeg

racedo
11th Jul 2019, 09:31
People storming Homey Airport just comes up with lots of different pictures in my head.

Dan Gerous
11th Jul 2019, 10:47
An opportunity to try out the alien death ray perhaps.:E

dead_pan
11th Jul 2019, 10:59
Probe 'em all!

​​​​​​Has Stupid become an Olympic sport or something?

jmelson
11th Jul 2019, 22:30
Believe me, the security guys don't fool around. I have been to a number of LOW SECURITY installations in my work in nuclear physics.
But, even they have fairly heavy methods, if they need to use them.

Some idiots with apparently terroristic plans tried to run the gate at Ft. Meade (NSA headquarters). There are apparently 2 guard shacks.
They were told to turn around at the first guard shack, but went straight for the 2nd one. Both occupants blasted by M16 fire, vehicle stopped before they got to the 2nd guard shack.
Some eco-nut tried to run the guard shack at Oak Ridge National Labs. They had recently installed a set of remote-controlled SERIOUS bollards about a mile past the guard shack. They were designed to stop a semi going 60 MPH, WITHOUT damage to the bollard system. The idiot hit the bollards going about 60 MPH, and amazingly survived the impact, but was pretty disabled. He managed to crawl out of the wreck.
I think there have been a few more incidents. I would imagine "area 51" would have similar security.

Jon

jmelson
11th Jul 2019, 22:33
Probe 'em all!

​​​​​​Has Stupid become an Olympic sport or something?

There is always a low level of these sorts of incidents. Every few months some nut case has a "very IMPORTANT message that he needs to get to the president". Some of them are carried away in a straight jacket, and some of them in a body bag, depending on how quickly they respond to commands. A lot of them don't even get in the news.

Jon