PDA

View Full Version : Drunk pax - again

DIBO
9th Jul 2019, 12:29
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7225889/Drunken-men-filmed-vomiting-aisles-Ryanair-flight-hell.html

What worries me more (if we can trust the 'source') :
"It was obvious they were drunk when they boarded the plane"
"But everyone was allowed to board the plane, which was delayed as cabin crew battled to explain important safety information to the festival-goers."

Could have happened on many airlines nowadays.
Though am glad I've been avoiding FR for ages, albeit originally on grounds of their downward spiralling T&C's, passenger rights,...

172_driver
9th Jul 2019, 12:40
Perhaps the authority should be looking at suspending the AOC of an airline that is unable to maintain safety standards.

(Yeah I know it won't happen...)

OldnGrounded
9th Jul 2019, 12:52
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7225889/Drunken-men-filmed-vomiting-aisles-Ryanair-flight-hell.html

What worries me more (if we can trust the 'source') :
"It was obvious they were drunk when they boarded the plane"
"But everyone was allowed to board the plane, which was delayed as cabin crew battled to explain important safety information to the festival-goers."

The video clips suggest that there were so many very drunken pax that it is unlikely they got that way drinking alcohol served onboard. It really is worrying that (a) they were allowed to board and (b) that the flight departed even though the rowdies made the preflight safety briefing impossible to deliver effectively. Is this reflective of Ryanair policy and practice (I wouldn't know, having no experience with that company)?

Timmy Tomkins
9th Jul 2019, 12:55
There is no excuse for allowing people in that state to board an aircraft. The ground staff probably don't get the backup they need and allow them on because it dumps the problem elsewhere. I have offlloaded people for less; and of course been accused of being a spoil sport as a result. There needs to be a firm lead from officialdom even though airports make so much money from flogging booze.

Euclideanplane
9th Jul 2019, 13:59
"Hard dance lovers" more like hard liquor lovers. But do they not have available those neat little paper bags anymore? Surely even if you happen to fill up your own, the seat neighbor is usually happy to supply theirs, in view of the quite imaginable alternatives.

meleagertoo
9th Jul 2019, 14:11
Not a very impressive demonstration of Captaincy, departing when even the safety demo can't be carried out due to drunks.

WillFlyForCheese
9th Jul 2019, 15:08
“The tourists wreaked havoc on the three-and-a half-hour flight which was delayed because cabin crew struggled to control the passengers even before take-off.”

With numerous instances (on video) of people being removed from aircraft for seemingly minor disruptions (unruly or crying children), it is amazing that no one was removed from this flight while at the gate. While personal responsibility dictates these drunkards should have controlled themselves, the flight crew should not have departed - or at least had an idea of what they were getting into.

imagine the video of an emergency landing and evacuation with that bunch!

Herod
9th Jul 2019, 15:46
The video won't load for me; thank goodness. It concerns me that the captain accepted it. I've had drunks, troublemakers, "bomb" jokers thrown off many times in the past. Perhaps the difference is that my airline's management always backed my actions.