PDA

View Full Version : Posts not getting approved

simplythebest
9th Jul 2019, 10:29
Hi there,

I am a regular browser and post very few times.

I've had a few posts I have done not approved.
Please let me know If I'm doing anything wrong

Thanks

Senior Pilot
9th Jul 2019, 10:57
You have had ONE post unapproved by a Mod for lack of content, and two (now three) that are out there for all to see.

Until you reach a minimum post count you will remain a 'newbie' with your posts going into a moderation queue. Time on the forum doesn't count, nor do posts in Jet Blast.

mjohansen
25th Nov 2019, 15:06
I also have a couple of posts hanging somewhere unapproved. Reason unknown....

Ray_Y
28th Jun 2020, 10:56
Newbe here, almost 1 week since sign-up. The majority of my posts never appeared, one was removed after publish. To be honest, can't think of a reason why. I have read the rules while and after sign-up, I tried to find criteria for posts to be rejected recently. I found no answers.

Does it make sense to ask via contact form, or is there knowledge from user group that could enlighten me?

I know this forum software from other places, it's usually reliable and no rocket science to handle.

T28B
28th Jun 2020, 16:39
Does it make sense to ask via contact form, or is there knowledge from user group that could enlighten me? You could read the answer that Senior Pilot offered to the original poster. All new posters have each post reviewed and either approved or disapproved until they reach a certain count. This is a spam prevention scheme.

I know I have approved a few of your posts in the past week.

Posts often get removed in big threads like the PIA 8083 one to keep the noise down and the signal up. There have been a lot of posts pruned from that thread since it started. Popular threads often attract as much noise as signal. A few of your posts were probably in the noise level at the time they were removed. Happens to everyone in massively popular threads; old hands and newbies alike.

Ray_Y
29th Jun 2020, 14:34
Thanks for answering, T28B

Ok, this signal/noise could be an explanation. So it's out of our users hands, even when following the rules, comments can get rejected.

On the more quiet Atlas Air thread I posted an FDR analysis of mine, today again. It would appear this is 100% signal, no noise. What could be the issue here?

Info for other newbies: Editing an existing post also falls under "5 posts max within 24hrs" limitation. I find it quite frustrating to start with so many newbe rules which are not all obvious.

T28B
29th Jun 2020, 18:02
Thanks for answering, T28B
Ok, this signal/noise could be an explanation.
So it's out of our users hands, even when following the rules, comments can get rejected.
Correct.
For example, one could make a comment or a post and it's the same as one made by five other posters, or, shows that one didn't bother to read the posts previous to that point. The poster may have 'followed the rules' but the post may get removed anyway.
Many posters, old and new, have experienced this at one time or another.
It would appear this is 100% signal, no noise.
To you, sure. ;)
I've not taken a look there yet today. Mods may take a day or so to get to any new post.
We don't do this for pay.

Ray_Y
29th Jun 2020, 19:04
Allright, 2 more posts approved. Thanks again, T28B

Post in Atlas Air Thread, on first attempt hasn't been published since Sunday noon. no answer expected ;)
That's not against you T28B anyway, cause you cared.

Now let's see if my period of frustration will end soon. You know, all these individual restrictions and examples read ok, but in combination, as big picture, one feels locked out terribly.