PDA

View Full Version : Sanford flight school??

Cheshire cat EGHH
6th Aug 2002, 12:03
Hello!!!!

I can hop on one of European's lovely a/c but it goes to Sanford.

Does anyone know of any flight schools in sanford

Grafter
6th Aug 2002, 21:04
If you are asking about Sanford, Florida, then that is where Comair hang out!

Check out this link Comair (http://www.comairacademy.com/)

Hope that this helps :)

Grafter

GoneWest
7th Aug 2002, 13:28
Cheshire - need a bit more info to answer that to your best advantage.

What do you want to do??

JAA? FAA? A course? A pleasure flight?....what - there are numerous schools around the area - let me know what you want and I'll send you a better answer (e-mail if you want a truly straight answer).

Cheshire cat EGHH
7th Aug 2002, 15:55
sorry.. JAA PPL

spent ages yesturday trying to find a school that does it... Are there any????

GoneWest
7th Aug 2002, 19:20
Chesh - Comair are at Sanford - and are applying for JAA approval (don't know if they have it yet).

Next NEAREST option would be Orlando Flight Training in Kissimmee - a short drive away.

They are already JAA approved - but not visa approved....having said that, if you fly into Sanford ( the charter holiday airport) it should be fairly easy to convince the powers that be, that you are on holiday.....although some students HAVE BEEN TURNED BACK!!

Other schools (that we are allowed to mention here) doing JAA PPL's are Britannia at Winter Haven (they will collect you from Sanford) - EFT at Ft. Pierce (two hours drive in a rental car [if you are over 25 and have a major credit card]) or Naples Air Center (four hours and a bit drive in a rental car).

That's pretty much it for JAA PPL's at the moment (that we are allowed to mention).