PDA

View Full Version : iphone

gemma10
8th Jul 2019, 17:06
Last year I bought a new iphone7 and I still have my old 5c which I am going to sell. I am looking to reset the phone completely, but as my iphone ID is the same on both phones, will all my data be also lost on the 7?

yellowtriumph
8th Jul 2019, 22:02
Last year I bought a new iphone7 and I still have my old 5c which I am going to sell. I am looking to reset the phone completely, but as my iphone ID is the same on both phones, will all my data be also lost on the 7?

Why not consider having an online echat with Apple support or indeed set up a call for them to ring you to discuss your question? They are the experts and the relatively high cost of your iPhone gives you direct access to this kind of support. I have numerous Apple products and find their online/telephone support excellent.

extreme P
9th Jul 2019, 02:28

Your new phone will be fine. You are only resetting a phone, not an apple account.

Some recommend filling the entire memory with songs or videos first to overwrite all data so it cannot be recovered.

Jhieminga
9th Jul 2019, 18:50
No, your iPhone 7 will be unaffected. First switch off 'find my iPhone' on the 5c, then sign out of your Apple ID on that phone. Having done that, you can reset the phone (hidden in the 'General' section in settings) and you've got an empty phone.

gemma10
9th Jul 2019, 22:48
Thanks all for your inputs, I can now take the appropriate action.

yellowtriumph
10th Jul 2019, 08:11
Thanks all for your inputs, I can now take the appropriate action.

Pleased to read you have a satisfactory outcome. Just a reminder - don't forget that free, in depth technical support you have with all Apple products if you need it in the future.

PJD1
10th Jul 2019, 19:37
Some recommend filling the entire memory with songs or videos first to overwrite all data so it cannot be recovered.

This is not necessary, iPhone data is encrypted by default and cannot be recovered once the device has been reset.

Jhieminga
22nd Sep 2023, 07:38
Is there another solution? Just bought a new iPhone and need to delete all data from the old one.
See my post #4 above. Still works as far as I know.