PDA

View Full Version : License and visa for australia

flyingforfood
7th Jul 2019, 14:49
Hi im looking a possibility of moving from my actual country Argentina, i have ICAO ATP license. And i d like to know if anyone of you have move to australia. Which kind of visa i ll need to fly there and how can i convert my license and the average cost of this.

best regads,

drpixie
8th Jul 2019, 00:46
Hi, to fly an Australian registered aircraft you must have a CASA licence - CPL or ATPL if flying for money. I can't help you with visa types - that's a whole new horrible convoluted field.

Converting to a CASA CPL is not too bad - see the CASA website. (As a CPL you're expected to find this stuff for yourself, not ask your CP for every detail.) Converting to a CASA ATPL is much more expensive and requires a multi-crew flight test in an expensive aircraft. An ATPL is really nice to have but only required for captain of a multi-crew aircraft, not for most single pilot ops.

Almost nobody in Australia sponsors international pilots - there's plenty of locals desperate for work - so your best bet would be to convert to a CASA CPL yourself and then go looking for work.

gulliBell
8th Jul 2019, 00:51
Check the Australian Government Skilled Immigration portal. Everything you need to know can be found there.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list