PDA

View Full Version : Gama Glasgow

GC47G
1st Jul 2019, 13:57
Gama Glasgow looking for Rotary pilots for HEMS just had email !!! Strange one .

OvertHawk
1st Jul 2019, 18:03
It will most likely be for the Scottish Ambulance Service HEMS service operated by Babcock.

I think there is some kind of link between Gama (operator of SAS fixed wing) and Babcock whereby the two contracts are run under the global heading of Gama.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the gist of it

Hot_LZ
1st Jul 2019, 18:05
A slight fall out between Gama and Babcock who are subcontracted for rotary on the SAS contract. I believe Gama are trying to bluff it.

Not 1 Babcock driver is interested. Quite telling of the Gama ship...

LZ

Thud_and_Blunder
1st Jul 2019, 20:37
Interesting.
Bond brothers own/control GAMA (I believe) - along with Loganair - and obvs used to run the company which became Babcock MCS (Onshore). Wonder if that has anything to do with the price of fish?

5711N0205W
2nd Jul 2019, 11:35
Interesting.
Bond brothers own/control GAMA (I believe) - along with Loganair - and obvs used to run the company which became Babcock MCS (Onshore). Wonder if that has anything to do with the price of fish?

According to Wikipedia it's Marwan Khalek who is the CEO of Gama, not sure if the Bond's are in there too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gama_Aviation

helihub
9th Jul 2019, 13:08
Gama have always had the Scottish Air Ambulance contract for fixed and rotary wing, and up to 31st May 2020 they subcontract the rotary wing element to Babcock. From 1st June 2020 Gama will operate the whole contract themselves, and have three new Airbus H145s on order - two for the two bases and a third as a backup.

I don't believe the Bond family have any influence over Gama. Marwan Khalek owns >20% of the shares, as do Hutchison Whampoa if you check the latest Gama accounts. Stephen and Peter Bond have a company "Airline Investments Ltd" which owned Flybmi, which in turn ceased operations and went into administration this past February.

OvertHawk
9th Jul 2019, 14:30
Gama have always had the Scottish Air Ambulance contract for fixed and rotary wing, and up to 31st May 2020 they subcontract the rotary wing element to Babcock. From 1st June 2020 Gama will operate the whole contract themselves, and have three new Airbus H145s on order - two for the two bases and a third as a backup.

I don't believe the Bond family have any influence over Gama. Marwan Khalek owns >20% of the shares, as do Hutchison Whampoa if you check the latest Gama accounts. Stephen and Peter Bond have a company "Airline Investments Ltd" which owned Flybmi, which in turn ceased operations and went into administration this past February.

I foresee a major shenanigans over the Babcock pilots and T.U.P.E

WhirlyHEMS
10th Jul 2019, 13:00
I see GAMA have put out adverts for line pilots paying £80-100,000 . Surely these would be the best paid HEMS pilots in UK, hopefully other operators will take note?Cubiq recruitment

Rotary Line Pilot (KB909883RP) Glasgow, ScotlandSalary:GBP80000 - GBP100000 per annumRotary Line Pilot (H145)

Permanent

Glasgow/Inverness

We currently have an exciting opening for qualified helicopter commanders to join an experienced, friendly, and dedicated team to help deliver a world-class service to clients.
You’ll need to be flexible, committed, and above all enthusiastic about delivering missions to our exacting standards. Applicants from relevant backgrounds including military, SAR, and general aviation will be considered.
As a rotary line pilot, you will have a minimum of the below;
Current EASA ATPL(H) or CPL(H) with Instrument Rating
Minimum 1500 hours as pilot-in-command of aircraft, of which 500 hours is as PIC on twin-turbine helicopters
Minimum 1500 hours twin-turbine helicopter experience
Minimum 500 hours experience in helicopters gained in an operational environment similar to the intended operation (e.g. UK HEMS or police pilot)
Minimum 100 hours IFR, of which 25 hours IFR flight experience has been achieved in the relevant operating environment
Minimum 40 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters at night

Fluent English, driving licence, right to work in the UK

helicrazi
10th Jul 2019, 18:15
I see GAMA have put out adverts for line pilots paying £80-100,000 . Surely these would be the best paid HEMS pilots in UK, hopefully other operators will take note?Cubiq recruitment

Rotary Line Pilot (KB909883RP) Glasgow, ScotlandSalary:GBP80000 - GBP100000 per annumRotary Line Pilot (H145)

Permanent

Glasgow/Inverness

We currently have an exciting opening for qualified helicopter commanders to join an experienced, friendly, and dedicated team to help deliver a world-class service to clients.
You’ll need to be flexible, committed, and above all enthusiastic about delivering missions to our exacting standards. Applicants from relevant backgrounds including military, SAR, and general aviation will be considered.
As a rotary line pilot, you will have a minimum of the below;
Current EASA ATPL(H) or CPL(H) with Instrument Rating
Minimum 1500 hours as pilot-in-command of aircraft, of which 500 hours is as PIC on twin-turbine helicopters
Minimum 1500 hours twin-turbine helicopter experience
Minimum 500 hours experience in helicopters gained in an operational environment similar to the intended operation (e.g. UK HEMS or police pilot)
Minimum 100 hours IFR, of which 25 hours IFR flight experience has been achieved in the relevant operating environment
Minimum 40 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters at night

Fluent English, driving licence, right to work in the UK

It must have been a typo, the add now states a salary of 60 - 61

berlioz
10th Jul 2019, 19:19
It was too good to be true......

jivusajob
10th Jul 2019, 19:38
Typical of GAMA, can't even get the advert right!

PANews
11th Jul 2019, 19:18
It seems that there are desperately few pilots [that is not news of course] being chased by some now desperate operators who thought that they could still get pilots for £60K and find that even at higher numbers they are struggling.

This increased level of payment is worrying the air ambulance CEOs and medical consultants.... " my these upstart pilots are wanting to be paid as much as we are..."

Afraid so matey, we told you it was coming...and it isn't stopping yet. Not only pay them royally, treat them well or it will be a case of running your air ambulance in response cars day in and day out......

There are thousands of new airliners sitting on the production lines who want every pilot they can get.

Radgirl
12th Jul 2019, 08:48
This increased level of payment is worrying the ,,,,,,,,,,,,medical consultants.... " my these upstart pilots are wanting to be paid as much as we are..."

Total rubbish