PDA

View Full Version : iPreflight APG vs Guru2

OM inbound
29th Jun 2019, 23:34
Hi Folks,
if you had a choice of iPreflight APG or Guru2 which one would you prefer?
The operation is with a bizjet NCC under EASA with MTOW 18 000 lb.
Need to make a decision soon and we can choose either one.
Thanks

gumpy972
1st Jul 2019, 21:58
Never been using Guru, but pretty happy with Ipreflight APG for the last 5 years.
Handy, easy, quick and reliable on all different modules I have seen it working (Bombardier, Dassault and Gulfstream)
You can probably have a trial period for free for both of them, it might help.

josephfeatherweight
2nd Jul 2019, 15:49
I haven't checked, but it would be worthwhile knowing whether Guru works "offline" - ie, without an internet connection.
iPreflight does, which is an absolute must for me!

B737-800W
2nd Jul 2019, 18:50
iPreflight APG for me

Klimax
3rd Jul 2019, 03:24
I’ve used both iPreflight and now Guru for years with the Gulfstreams. As an overall I much prefer the APG iPreflight software, and one of the main reasons is the final loadsheet page. With APG you have most of the data that you need compressed on just one page, wheres with Guru I find myself going back and forth between pages.

McMax
3rd Jul 2019, 06:52
We‘re using APG as well and are overall happy. Used Guru just for a short period of time on a different aircraft type in the past and wasn’t too impressed (compared to the manufacturer‘s software).

epsum
3rd Jul 2019, 12:37
APG. Hands down. I used APG in the old bizjet company. Now in scheduled side and we usu Guru. Generally GURU might tick all the boxes in the eyes of EASA, but their performance calculations and engine-out procedures are joke and have no practical use.