PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton sells his Bizjet to Norwich based Saxonair

Mike Flynn
29th Jun 2019, 18:24
Lewis Hamilton has sold his £25million candy red private jet to help reduce his carbon emissions.

The F1 world champion's Bombardier Challenger 605 was named in notorious Paradise Papers when the 34-year-old got a £3.3million VAT refund on the jet.

It was purchased by his company in the British Virgin Islands before being leased to a second company in the Isle of Man, which leased it to a third private company, before leasing the plane back to Lewis Hamilton.

The jet was sold in February, reports The Sun, and is now owned by private jet firm Saxon Air, based at Norwich Airport.

The five-time World Championship winner may have given it up as it did not meet his views on sustainable living.

More here https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9397881/hamilton-candy-red-private-jet-bulldogs-pilot-toilet/

Gulf4uk
29th Jun 2019, 19:47
Registered as G-RANE SAXONAIR AIR CHARTER C\S SXN65C Been in out of FAB a few times last week

EatMyShorts!
29th Jun 2019, 22:12
So, now he's chartering the jet from that company? Or has he upgraded to a Gulfstream or Global?

The Mad Russian
30th Jun 2019, 09:07
To quote from article ... 'And the British F1 star reportedly had an argument with the aircraft's pilot (https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5335613/lewis-hamilton-ex-reveals-cruel-side-hunger-for-threesomes/) after he found out he had pooped in the driver's private toilet.'

Without knowing the exact circumstances, it does rather make you think this guy purchased the wrong aircraft (I.E. one with a single aft cabin chemical toilet) if he's concerned about such things...

I flew a 605 for a while, I developed an over sized bladder for sure in that time.... walking thru the cabin was not welcomed nor etiquette... Later flying a GLEX only a slight improvement, the forward loo was always stacked ceiling high with catering so required advanced tactical planning! The fun of biz jets..... quite miss it!

GlenQuagmire
30th Jun 2019, 19:00
£25m for a ratty old 605?

nah..

Romaro
2nd Jul 2019, 13:08
The idea that he sold it for environmental concerns...hilarious. So he's never borrowing/using/chartering another private jet ever again and will only fly commercial, yeah, right.

Jet Jockey A4
2nd Jul 2019, 13:18
The idea that he sold it for environmental concerns...hilarious. So he's never borrowing/using/chartering another private jet ever again and will only fly commercial, yeah, right.

Agreed... After owning it for a while now, he is probably fed up of paying all the fees associated with operating a business jet.

Deep and fast
5th Jul 2019, 09:26
"The idea that he sold it for environmental concerns.."
"after he found out he had pooped in the driver's private toilet."

That must of been some evil poop...I can of Glade air freshener might have helped

CaptainSAC
12th Jul 2019, 12:50
And of course, belonging to the flying circus that is F1, transporting all their hundreds of tons of kit around the world every year does not emit anything..? If he is conscientious about his emissions then leave F1..driving an F1 car at 300kph racing 20 others, does not leave a carbon footprint..?

packapoo
12th Jul 2019, 22:32
And of course, belonging to the flying circus that is F1, transporting all their hundreds of tons of kit around the world every year does not emit anything..? If he is conscientious about his emissions then leave F1..driving an F1 car at 300kph racing 20 others, does not leave a carbon footprint..?

Stop picking on Lewis!

Have you not noticed there's another World motor racing series running electrics, so often touted as 'ecologically friendly' that flies itself around the world in exactly the same manner :rolleyes:

Avioactive
15th Jul 2019, 14:34
Stop picking on Lewis!

Have you not noticed there's another World motor racing series running electrics, so often touted as 'ecologically friendly' that flies itself around the world in exactly the same manner :rolleyes:

You see, although the Motorsport industry itself might not be the most environmentally-friendly activity, the innovations they come up with to make the vehicles faster and more efficient get passed on into the OEM vehicle manufacturing industry and eventuality we all benefit with more efficient engines, lighter materials etc. etc. So, at the end of the day, the technologies refined in F1 and other series make our cars we buy in a few more years ever more environmentally-friendly. With the UK leaders in the motorsports global industry, our high performance engineering innovations are saving a fortune in fuel elsewhere.

ivor toolbox
15th Jul 2019, 21:08
Shrewd move, avoids him having to pay for the 8year check.

Ttfn

Foxxster
16th Jul 2019, 06:29
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLVFa8YRfM

His dudeness
16th Jul 2019, 06:38
You see, although the Motorsport industry itself might not be the most environmentally-friendly activity, the innovations they come up with to make the vehicles faster and more efficient get passed on into the OEM vehicle manufacturing industry and eventuality we all benefit with more efficient engines, lighter materials etc. etc. So, at the end of the day, the technologies refined in F1 and other series make our cars we buy in a few more years ever more environmentally-friendly. With the UK leaders in the motorsports global industry, our high performance engineering innovations are saving a fortune in fuel elsewhere.

Keep on lying to yourself.

space-shuttle-driver
19th Jul 2019, 18:30
I flew a 605 for a while, I developed an over sized bladder for sure in that time.... walking thru the cabin was not welcomed nor etiquette... Later flying a GLEX only a slight improvement, the forward loo was always stacked ceiling high with catering so required advanced tactical planning! The fun of biz jets..... quite miss it!

You stack catering in a toilet?
I ask again: you stack catering in a toilet??

and in plain Yorkshire: ''Ya put ya food where ya put ya poop???''

arketip
20th Jul 2019, 15:50
You stack catering in a toilet?
I ask again: you stack catering in a toilet??

and in plain Yorkshire: ''Ya put ya food where ya put ya poop???''

Never been on a business jet, right?

Right Hand Thread
18th Aug 2019, 11:18
Back on topic........

Yes, it's true that he hated crew using the (only) toilet on board. He was also none too sympathetic toward them when he tried to sell the aircraft first time around. Laid the pilots off then put it up for sale (completely contra to the right way to do it) but was then told that as a Bombardier ambassador (aka 'receiver of a discount for use of his name in publcity') he was contractually obliged to keep it. Not surprisingly the crew had moved on and weren't interested in coming back, freelancers gave it a wide berth as well.

None too popular with the pilots is 'our' Lewis.

PDR1
18th Aug 2019, 11:53
I was under the impression that he had bought it "pre-cherished" from Mansour Ojjeh - not sure how this fits in with the ambassador thing. Have I got my wires crossed?

PDR

Privatejetbroker
21st Aug 2019, 19:30
Not to mention the time he wanted to fly urgently to Nice and wasn't too happy he couldn't use the 605 as he had fired his crew and no other pilots to fly him
Wanted to be discreet and keep the ownership "low key" but puts his initials in the aircraft reg and paints it blood red like a tampon
Oh and used to fly with his then g/f icognito as "princess" on the manifest to outfox any paps

Donut.
but then I was always a Rosberg fan