PDA

View Full Version : Peter Hearne

peter manktelow
28th Jun 2019, 12:26
Just learnt that Peter passed away today......

A good man.

A good engineer. (He "saved my bacon" on more than one occasion.)

We had some memorable times working (and playing) together in China.

industry insider
29th Jun 2019, 00:19
I am very sad to hear that. I worked with Peter in Bristow and had a few dealings with him in Helicopter Resources. I always respected Peter for being an individual and always wanting to live and work in his beloved Victoria. RIP.

John Eacott
29th Jun 2019, 07:09
Just learnt that Peter passed away today......

A good man.

A good engineer. (He "saved my bacon" on more than one occasion.)

We had some memorable times working (and playing) together in China.

Bugger; another legend crossed the bar. Proud to have known you Peter :(

http://www.eacott.com.au/gallery/d/8233-2/2009-11-07++009.jpg

Ainippe
29th Jun 2019, 08:03
So sorry to hear about Peter, he was with me in the FTS in the seventies, a very good engineer, has anyone any details of his last days?
Trying to place him, I used to work in Hangar 5 when you were in the FTS

Kulwin Park
29th Jun 2019, 09:09
Pete was a great engineer, a very smart individual, who took the time to show you any problems that he had discovered.He really was passionate about his work and engines.

I spoke to him on the weekend, where he was at the Peninsula Private hospital, going into surgery for the big c. His voice deteriorated over the last few months but was still wanting to talk all things about helicopters over the last few months.

RIP Pete

Oldlae
29th Jun 2019, 09:14
Anippe, I think I may have got mixed up with Peter Heard, a senior moment. Regards.

Ainippe
29th Jun 2019, 18:32
Anippe, I think I may have got mixed up with Peter Heard, a senior moment. Regards.
I remember helping you do a 212 swash plate change in the FTS, also there was an engineer with odd eyes. The air intakes were bolted on in those days.
Peter Heard left and went fixed wing along with Steve Wright

Mark Byrnes
1st Jul 2019, 04:28
Peter taught me many of the fundamentals of helicopter maintenance as a ta in the 80s Jayrow days.
A great guy all round.
will be sadly missed.

Shame about Rickety too.

us old bs artists should get together,soon.

rip

Non-Driver
2nd Jul 2019, 15:33
IIRC we leased an S76 from Peter for Turkmenistan for a few years when GV was running things out there and he even used to go up with a team to do C checks on site. Always a pleasure to deal with from the other side of the world. RIP.