PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Flight Training Academy Instructor insight

lfbb
27th Jun 2019, 13:37
I know it's a long shot but I'd appreciate if anyone could provide any information on how is it like to work as an emirates training academy flight instructor, I read the job description but can't find any info about salary, scheduling, etc... Whats the good, the bad and the ugly about this position?

Thank you in advance!

needzforspeed
20th Aug 2019, 13:59
Hi.....i had a computer based interview....how longer does it take if they gona call someone for assessment in Dubai or not?

Scooter12345
25th Sep 2019, 15:14
From what I have heard from people who were there,I would stay away. Doesn’t sound like a happy place to work.

santiago_350
4th Nov 2019, 15:36
Hello I did the same online interview , I wonder if they already call you , and after how long after the interview ?

Scooter12345
25th Nov 2019, 19:01
Things aren’t improving at EFTA. THE CFI has resigned his position and a senior instructor has resigned. Middle management think bullying the staff is okay and instructors are leaving because of them. Been recruiting for over two years and still have only less than ten instructors.

needzforspeed
22nd Dec 2019, 13:34
Thats what i also heard about working as flight instructor in Middle East. Moreover, they not replying to any emails nor an updates on digital interview assessment and they still posting the job. Any updates?

needzforspeed
22nd Dec 2019, 13:35
Scooter12345

Thats what i also heard about working as flight instructor in Middle East. Moreover, they not replying to any emails nor an updates on digital interview assessment and they still posting the job. Any updates?

propcowboy
14th Jan 2020, 11:19
Any news on EFTA? Was considering to apply, but I don’t know much. And there’s not much info on them. Pay, roster, anything else?

Steepturner
21st Jan 2020, 05:34
Normally they should pay little below of FO salary for CFI, approx 10000USD.
However gulf region is troublous nowadays.

farfale
13th Apr 2020, 15:32
Hello,

I have my HireVue Interview for the FI position this week.

Any tips please ?

santiago_350
13th Apr 2020, 19:19
Hello I think I did my interview in October last year , and they haven't reply until one week ago where they reply saying i was not chosen , anyway you just have to follow the instructions on the email , something easy I was dressing suit , during the interview you will be asked personal questions related to your carrer as flight instructor, and questions about how much you know about Dubai, the last two questions I think is all about theory It could be any topic , unfortunately to be honest i can not remember any question but I could say is very similar to the interview they do to the flight attendant apllicants , like what do you think about dubai and that stuff something that you can find on YouTube but not the same exact questions , the only questions that i remember on the last two questions as I said was "how would you teach a students to do steep turns" and "why an airplane tend to pitch up as you add power" , something like that but remember it could be anything

Hope that helps to everyone.

farfale
14th Apr 2020, 07:00
Thanks for your detailed answer. Looks like they are taking some time to get back to applicants.

I will study general HR questions and get prepared for Technical stuff as well.

Thank you

Gustavo Delgado M
7th May 2020, 03:21
Has anyone here completed the HireVue online interview recently? I have mine coming up this week, any information about it will help me a lot.

Thanks.

Gustavo Delgado M
7th May 2020, 18:06
Hello,
how was your interview? could you provide more details about it?

farfale
8th May 2020, 08:35
Hello,

Here is what my HireView interview was about from what I remember:

- Why do you fit to the position ? 1:30min
- Why you and not someone else ? 1:30min
- What makes an airplane pitch up when we add power ? 3 Minutes
- Explain Steep turns 3 Minutes I think
- Salary expectations

And a couple more HR questions ;)

Best of luck.

Cantbebothered
9th May 2020, 14:16
From what I have heard from people who were there,I would stay away. Doesn’t sound like a happy place to work.
Times have changed...beggars cant be choosers. You take what you can get in these times.

Ricky17
9th May 2020, 15:16
Are you working there now? What is pay like and benefits?

Ricky17
9th May 2020, 16:13
How was your interview?

farfale
10th May 2020, 13:55
I just got an answer today and passed the HireVue.
I am now required to do a live video Interview.

Any tips please ?

pasupercub
10th May 2020, 21:36
I did the recorded video assessment this afternoon. I didn't really study for it - you get 30 secs of prep time per question. Generally, it is straightforward but I don't know what 'fit' they are looking for. What I mean by this is do they want career instructors or someone who is happy to do it for 2-5 years before moving onto an airline (or big/better things).
Some airlines do a debt of service to affiliated schools, so I am interested to see whether this is an option. Perhaps after 5 years of instructional service, you could transition into the airline side of things (hopeful but v. doubtful given you ned 700 hours to apply in the first place). I already have a decent instructor job teaching in singles, twins and floatplanes so some sort of transition/link into emirates would be the key for me.

That being said, I would be surprised if I get past this stage (I am assuming that my answer to the future career question is not what they wanted to hear). I answered the question by saying I ultimately wanted to be an airline pilot and one day I wanted to fly a380s all over the world. I added I would be disappointed if i wasn't at an airline within 5 years. The teaching qs were ok, although there is no mention of the assumed level of knowledge of the student. Anyway, I've listed the questions I got asked below. There was also another written question but I can't remember it.

Video answers (one attempt each and times varied between 1.5 - 3 mins) :
Why have you applied for EFTA?
What experience, credentials and personal attributes make you suited?
Why you over someone else with the same credentials?
What are your future career aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 1, 3 and 5 years?

Teaching qs (still video answers):
Why does an aircraft pitch up when adding power and pitch down when reducing power?
How would you teach steep turns?

Written qs (no time limit):
Salary expectations
Written notice period

pasupercub
24th May 2020, 02:51
I just got an answer today and passed the HireVue.
I am now required to do a live video Interview.

Any tips please ?

How was your interview?

I ended up having a live interview too last week.

Jvargas90
28th May 2020, 16:01
How was live interview? Was interview long and what they ask?

pasupercub
29th May 2020, 13:28
It was good, they are really nice/friendly and made it relaxed given the circumstances - I think it lasted around an hour. It's done by one of the senior instructors and a talent acquisition person. Mine was split into three sections of teaching a topic, random technical qs that students might ask (some good aerodynamics questions), and HR questions. If you are a current flight instructor then it is relatively straightforward.

They said I would hear back end of this week/start of next week but as of right now I haven't heard anything yet.

Jvargas90
30th May 2020, 15:42
Thank you for the info. It’s helpful. All the best on your result. One hour is long though.

I have not instructed for quite some time now. Your tips could really help me prepare.

What did they ask you to teach?
What technical questions did they ask?

d321
31st May 2020, 07:46
Hi everyone,
I applied weeks ago to FI position but did not hear back.

How long after applying did they invite you for first interview?

pasupercub
31st May 2020, 17:50
Thank you for the info. It’s helpful. All the best on your result. One hour is long though.

I have not instructed for quite some time now. Your tips could really help me prepare.

What did they ask you to teach?
What technical questions did they ask?

I think a half hour to an hour is pretty standard for instructor jobs. I taught 'stalls'. It was up to me what I wanted to include but I assume they had an idea of what they expected me to cover. It was supposed to be 15-20 mins and I think I did about 18-19 mins.
Technical questions... I really can't remember any specifics. There were questions from all atpl topic areas from wx to engines to human factors etc. If you haven't taught in a while I would probably hit the books quite hard, any question/topic that a student might ask is fair game.

pasupercub
31st May 2020, 17:52
Hi everyone,
I applied weeks ago to FI position but did not hear back.

How long after applying did they invite you for first interview?

I was invited for the HireVue computer based interview with 48 hours

Ricky17
15th Jun 2020, 12:40
Hello, How long did you all wait after HireVue? Also are they still hiring after all this firing that has been happening?

Busbitch
17th Jun 2020, 01:15
You guys can't seriously be even considering working for these nasty people after seeing how they have treated their senior staff over the last two weeks, you would be doing a deal with the devil.

Ricky17
18th Jun 2020, 00:05
Really.. what has happened?

Capn Rex Havoc
18th Jun 2020, 15:35
Nothing mate- nothing at all, Classic post of the year ? And you are looking to come and work here. Its like if I applied for a flying job on September 12 2001.

:ugh:

Ranga Sha
26th Jun 2020, 08:59
Hi guys any update of online interviews and next steps? Any idea of salaries?

fatbus
26th Jun 2020, 13:50
Is it operating? Suspended temporarily? 1000 axed pilots in the neighbourhood would be keen to work . Is DWC open ?

Cantbebothered
27th Jun 2020, 15:00
Doubt there will be a next step. EK laid off thousands of staff this month. They wont be hiring anytime soon in any position.

propcowboy
9th Jul 2020, 10:49
Zero news? No whistleblowers?

Fired600
9th Jul 2020, 18:48
Really? You haven’t read what can be done to you with as little as an email any you are considering this?

3Greens
9th Jul 2020, 22:17
Zero news? No whistleblowers?
mate, they’ve just shed 1500 pilots and you think they’re still going to recruit?

propcowboy
11th Jul 2020, 14:55
It’s a question of strategy. The airline and the training are two different things. One is affected now, the other builds for the future. So, yeah, depending on what the plans for the future are the training might not be affected. IMHO

3Greens
11th Jul 2020, 20:40
you’re living On a differant planet to me if you think anyone is going to recruit at a training academy right now. Whom will you be training out of interest? You are aware they’ve shed 1400pilots, stood down 80 380s?

fatbus
11th Jul 2020, 23:48
Emiratis! If they can motivate them

WB1900
12th Jul 2020, 01:16
some of the locals Say the family pushed them to sign And become a pilot - pilot was never in focus until......
properly another $$$ bonus for the families
and some of them say - they just do their time and are looking for a government job or own business

Ranga Sha
30th Jul 2020, 05:46
Hi guys whats happening. Did anyone get any update?

Fired600
30th Jul 2020, 07:32
One of the critical parts of being a pilot is awareness. Are you aware what is happening with Emirates?

Nick 1
30th Jul 2020, 09:52
Maybe they are aware , in a kamikaze way...

shukran
30th Jul 2020, 17:53
Fired600

😭

We need more Instagram pilots though!

gehenna
31st Jul 2020, 08:39
Ranga Sha

Are you living in isolation, or do you really have no idea as to the crisis aviation is in? Get real .....

Python27
31st Jul 2020, 08:59
Not trying to protect the kids posting here, but remember that the only purpose of EK Flight Academy is to provide training for the spoiled bedouines that are sick of driving their LCs all day long, looking for a new “toy”. Crisis, difficulties and hard work aren’t words they know YET...

Warlock1
22nd Sep 2020, 20:49
Any updates on this topic from those who have done the interview recently? or anyone working there, any insights? Have an upcoming interview and was wondering if anyone gotten more info.
Thanks a bunch

Ricky17
22nd Sep 2020, 23:17
An interview? For when? And what position I wonder?

pfvspnf
23rd Sep 2020, 02:29
Keep drinking the camel milk

Fanor
23rd Mar 2023, 15:56
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had any further updates to working for EFTA? Anyone have a recent salary update?

thanks

jgaviation
24th Oct 2023, 01:18
Hello everyone,

Any news from EFTA's current hiring? I finished Hirevue last October 5th but no response/update from them until now.

Thanks,

Mikk
21st Nov 2023, 09:39
Recently i had my saville and abstract reasoning. Any idea what will be the next stage if my application continue to progress.:)

Mikk
17th Dec 2023, 06:32
Recently i had my saville and abstract reasoning. Any idea what will be the next stage if my application continue to progress.:)
Cleared my Interview. Will be going to Dubai for compass test, flight assessment and medica. Any advice/tip on my further stage is much appreciated. Thank you guys.

dsrolando
29th Dec 2023, 03:39
Hello, i have my Hirevue interview next week,

any tips please?

dsrolando
29th Dec 2023, 03:45
Cleared my Interview. Will be going to Dubai for compass test, flight assessment and medica. Any advice/tip on my further stage is much appreciated. Thank you guys.

Can you explain about the HireVue Interview? What are the questions about?

Mikk
3rd Jan 2024, 04:28
Can you explain about the HireVue Interview? What are the questions about?
It was pretty basic questions. 1. technical question on how a VSI works, 2. What happens when you add power on straight and level. Other questions are mainly HR questions. Y EFTA and you relieve period. Writing will be an hr/technical question and repeat question on relieve period, In my case.
Just make sure you prepare for HR and Technical questions. Basic questions. And prepare it for 1:30. So you wont exceed your time.
All the Best.

Mikk
3rd Jan 2024, 04:30
I have my assessment coming Jan 24 and 25th. Will have my compass test, flight assessment and medical. Don't know what to expect for flight assessment. Hope everything go good.

Stabilizerz
6th Jan 2024, 13:26
Best of luck for you! I just sent my application hopefully we can meet in near future

Cavok89
7th Jan 2024, 04:44
Are you guys talking about emirates cae flight training? I have recently applied for sim instructor position.
Any guidance about how to prepare for evaluation will be of a lot of help.

thanks in advance.

Cavok89
8th Jan 2024, 07:34
It was pretty basic questions. 1. technical question on how a VSI works, 2. What happens when you add power on straight and level. Other questions are mainly HR questions. Y EFTA and you relieve period. Writing will be an hr/technical question and repeat question on relieve period, In my case.
Just make sure you prepare for HR and Technical questions. Basic questions. And prepare it for 1:30. So you wont exceed your time.
All the Best.

Hi Mik

Did you have a live interview after the hirevue interview? Or was that it?

Also, was Saville just abstract reasoning questions or something else also?

I am waiting to hear from them and was wondering if there is anything I can brush up my knowledge on while I wait!

thanks

Mikk
9th Jan 2024, 00:36
Hi Mik

Did you have a live interview after the hirevue interview? Or was that it?

Also, was Saville just abstract reasoning questions or something else also?

I am waiting to hear from them and was wondering if there is anything I can brush up my knowledge on while I wait!

thanks
I Had my online interview after clearing Saville test(abstract and psychometry test). I highly suggest you get a subscription to study material for Emirates Pilot Interview on Latestpilotjobs.com (LPJ) it really helps you with your preparation.
Better to wait untill you have finished your Hirevue and got your invitation for saville test. As you will have 5 days to finish test.
I will be updating my post assessment experience. Both here and LPJ forum aswell.
ALL THE BEST GUYS.