PDA

View Full Version : Reporting every 3 degrees in the Brazilian Oceanic Area?

plans123
26th Jun 2019, 11:53
Has anyone come across this?

I filed a plan reporting the standard 10 degrees in the Oceanic area whilst doing an ETOPS flight, but received a message from Brazilian Oceanic saying they wanted reporting points in the plan every 200Nms or 3 Degrees. The current AIP says its the standard 10 degrees...

Is this just Brazilian Oceanic being pedantic, or has there been a change to their procedures and if there has been, can anyone point me in the right direction of where it is written down?

Thanks

A320 CURSED
2nd Jul 2019, 20:01
I can tell you by own experience that when you file a flight plan in Brazil off airways you need to come up with a route in which you set either waypoins, lay-longs or VOR/radia/distance which are no further than 200NM apart.
bot sure about their Oceanic rules.

plans123
9th Jul 2019, 10:03
I eventually tracked down the NOTAM concerned..

SBRJ N0016/19 - AIS WAITING FOR CONSOLIDATION OF UPDATE IN INVOLVED SYSTEMS;
PLN, AS OF 4 AUG 2017, SHALL CONTINUE TO CONTAIN,IN ITEM 15 AND IN ITEM 18, THE FOLLOWING INFO:
1- INSERTION OF SEPARATE POINTS FOR NOT MORE THAN 30 (THIRTY) MINUTES OF FLIGHT OR FOR 370 KM (200 NM),WHEN IN FLIGHTS OUTSIDE ATS ROUTE, INCLUDING EACH POINT WHERE SPEED, LEVEL, ROUTE AND/OR FLIGHT IS/ARE PLANNED TO BE CHANGED.

Strange the AIP hasn't been updated to incorporate this though.