PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Larnaca With JMC (855K)

Easy226
5th Aug 2002, 22:38
Hi everyone, im going to Cyprus (Larnaca) with JMC from East midlands on Sunday 18th August. I was wondering if i write a very nice letter to JMC asking weather i will be able to visit the flight deck ,or maybe even sit in the jumpseat, what would the chances of it being granted. I know the chances would be fairly low, but is it worth a go??
P.S. I know there are quite a few JMC pilots on here, wondering if any have been rostered for this flight??!!

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
6th Aug 2002, 01:58
No harm in asking but zero chance is a realistic assessment im afraid. If you are lucky, the captain may allow you a brief look after engines have been shut down in LCA. jmc is extremely tight on this area now and is even restricting the use of the jumpseats for staff travellers.

Good Luck !

???pax
6th Aug 2002, 09:05
So what about asking for the flight plan once the a/c has shut down at the destination??

This is something I did when I was doing a lot of travelling this time last year. Most crews were more than happy to have a quick chat about the routing and in some cases give a brief guided tour of the flight deck. Since "the event" would any of you think twice about doing this??

???pax
<clearly anorak of the week by far :D >

Easy226
8th Aug 2002, 12:57
Thanks a lot for the replies, i suppose i could see if i could get a visit after the flight, but they will probarbly be too busy preparing for the return leg. What is Larnaca airport like??
Thanks

Bucking Bronco
10th Aug 2002, 12:00
Its hot :cool:

Seriously though, the problem with getting a visit after engine shut down is that LCA has remote stands and people get bussed across to the terminal. If you stay chatting too long then you will be without transport and stranded. Suppose you could try and sit in the front of the cabin to maximise your time in there if they let you.

Good luck

:)

ps Mr Junk, can I assume you are in the employ of JMC?

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
11th Aug 2002, 20:58
Bucking Bronco,

I may be and there again may not be - thats the beauty of anonymity dear chap !

P.S. Are you stalking me ? I'm not that way inclined I'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint you !

SpinSpinSugar
13th Aug 2002, 11:55
I guess a similar query regarding JMC LGW - YVR flights 61K/61L on August 22 and September 19 respectively. I think it's a 330 in both directions. I'm out there to do my IR so would be very interested in seeing the pointy end!

...I presume it's a no-go these days but it'd nice just to sneak a peak at either end of the flight, last widebody I had a chance to have a nose around was an L1011 in the maintenance shop at YVR.

I appreciate it's a long shot but thanks for any responses,

SSS

Bucking Bronco
16th Aug 2002, 13:00
Dear Mr Junk,

You just can't help yourself can you? I'm not worried about people knowing who I work for are you? It is your choice and right to remain anonymous but if you rubbish BA, as you have done continually on other threads, then please play fair and show me your hand.

As for accusing me of stalking you! In your dreams mate. You are a pompous mudslinger and don't like it when anyone has any other view point - you behave like a play ground bully.

Ta ta
:)

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
16th Aug 2002, 19:56
Oh Dear oh Oh Dear Bucking Bronco,

Please direct everyone here to threads where I have rubbished British Airways. I rather suspect you can't and you couldn't be further from the truth. Indeed I have family who have worked for them. I hope your vitriolic fingers are not going to result in yet another thread being shut down through your apparent lack of respect for anyone who disagrees with your arrogant and bumptious viewpoints and your reckless willingness to abuse people.

Its a shame that such an excellent site is infiltrated by your type of petty stalker looking to get a cheap laugh. Please play elsewhere. You're right on one thing - I don't have to tell you who I fly for and I'm not going to.

Back to the thread - the new cockpit rules coming into effect on Aug 20th are a dreadful shame but anyone wanting a quick peep in the flight deck at the end of the flight should ask. The Captain can only say no and I can't think of any I have flown with who would refuse (as long as the queue doesn't stretch back to the rear galley !)

Best of luck !

fantom
16th Aug 2002, 20:18
SSS : close, but no cigar.

I have four YVRs this month and three the next. none of them match your flights....sorry!

:(

SpinSpinSugar
19th Aug 2002, 09:09
Thanks anyway fantom, mebbe next year!

Holryn
4th Sep 2002, 13:27
I too have a flight with JMC (15th September) going from Gatwick to Zakinthos.

I have written to JMC asking if there was the possibility of a flight deck visit or the slim chance of a jumpseat either on the outbound or inbound flights.

Probably very little chance with the recent goings on but heres hoping.

Paul

expedite_climb
4th Sep 2002, 21:25
No chance at all really I'm afraid. The regs (nothing to do with jmc) have just got a whole lot tighter..

JPjoystick
6th Sep 2002, 19:41
have to agree with the `zero chance`posts,due to security.It`s a locked door policy for airlines since sept 11,so no flight deck visits during flight and very tight guidelines on use of the jumpseat.

expedite_climb
7th Sep 2002, 21:25
just to add that we cant even take our wife/partner/parents/family on the flight deck at all any more ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A and C
8th Sep 2002, 13:26
As the rules on flight deck jumpseats have just been re-writen if I as the captain of an aircraft fly it into an airport and then go off duty and want to ride on it to the next destination I can,t ride on the jumpseats for "security" reasons !.