PDA

View Full Version : Citation II registration P2-MRM at Sunshine Coast

Mumbai Merlin
22nd Jun 2019, 07:24
I noticed a Citation II (C550) parked at Sunshine Coast airport (Maroochydore) and it appears to be rather neglected. The registration is P2-MRM from New Guinea. Apparently the aircraft arrived in August 2017 and has never moved since.
Does anyone know why it has been left there or is it out of date or surplus to requirements?

Sunfish
22nd Jun 2019, 08:06
someone visiting their investments?

geeup
22nd Jun 2019, 08:29
I was once told it you have nothing nice to say...

Therefore I I’ve ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say.

The owner is known around the traps.

onehitwonder
22nd Jun 2019, 11:41
Of interest, VH-JMK was originally registered to J. M. Kelly (Project Builders) in Rockhampton in July 2005 after being imported into Australia via the Sunshine Coast as C-FTMS. In August 2013, it was temporarily exported to PNG and took up the registration marking P2-JMK reportedly to satisfy a statutory requirement while the aircraft operated predominantly up there. It returned to the Australian register again as VH-JMK in August 2014 until being exported from Australia via Cairns and removed from the Australian register in October 2016.

chimbu warrior
23rd Jun 2019, 07:59
A bit like P2-EUV which has been sitting in Cairns for 6 years. Owner disregards sound advice and buys "bargain" aircraft and then finds that it is non-compliant in many areas (RVSM or ADS-B or TAWS etc).

Can't get the hoped for "dispensation" so they take it to an Australian provider. Unfortunately such providers usually don't "provide" until they are paid. And the rest they say, is history........

thorn bird
23rd Jun 2019, 09:11
Jeez Chimbu, where have I heard that before?
There's a reason why things are cheap.

Kagamuga
23rd Jun 2019, 11:48
There is more to it: The aircraft in question has an after-market Gross Weight Increase mod. All of a sudden the aircraft cannot fly from say Mt. Hagen or Goroka and especially New Komo at Max Weight and meet and acceptable 2nd segment climb performance/gradients.
Cessna made a special version of the Citation C550; it is named S550 with a different wing, grunt, and superior climb/cruise performance. End of story!