PDA

View Full Version : Boeing vs. Airbus sales at the 2019 airshow.

Chas2019
21st Jun 2019, 13:21
I was just wondering where I might find the sales tally for the Boeing and Airbus? It seems Airbus was the big winner but by how much?

airsound
21st Jun 2019, 13:46
As ever, FlightGlobal is your friend.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-paris-air-show-2019-order-tracker-update-459019/

airsound (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-paris-air-show-2019-order-tracker-update-459019/)

Hotel Tango
21st Jun 2019, 15:17
I imagine the majority were done deals some time ago. Very often large sales are kept under wrap and announced at major events such as this for maximum impact publicity.

futurama
22nd Jun 2019, 00:37
I imagine the majority were done deals some time ago. Very often large sales are kept under wrap and announced at major events such as this for maximum impact publicity.
Depends.

Airbus, Boeing etc. and most of their airline customers are publicly listed companies and they have legal duties to disclose material changes in a timely manner.

In the US there's a quarterly filing requirement (Trump may change this to align with other countries) -- so for Boeing, large sales likely need to be reported within a quarter. Large European companies (including Airbus) tend to produce quarterly reports as well even when not strictly required.

Hotel Tango
22nd Jun 2019, 08:51
Airbus, Boeing etc. and most of their airline customers are publicly listed companies and they have legal duties to disclose material changes in a timely manner.

Er, yes, once officially signed, which is basically what happens just prior to the announcement at a convenient moment for all parties. Do you honestly think that AAL or IAG turn up at the show and make their decision there and then? No, of course not. So what I said stands, thank you.

Kerosene Kraut
22nd Jun 2019, 10:20
Sales and sales announcements are two different things. Manufacturers stay quiet ahead of big trade shows for a reason.

Byros
23rd Jun 2019, 16:17
Competition is good to prevent any manufacturer from becoming extremely dominant, Let's see how the chinese end up playing their card in the next 7 years.