PDA

View Full Version : OIIX no-fly zone

J.L.Seagull
21st Jun 2019, 05:48
https://ops.group/blog/us-issues-emergency-order-no-fly-zone-for-civil-aircraft-iran/

SOPS
21st Jun 2019, 07:47
This could get interesting!

goeasy
23rd Jun 2019, 09:07
Looks like GCAA have recommended staying away too. More Oman slot delays!

Python27
23rd Jun 2019, 10:39
Meanwhile, for a few airlines in the hell's pit nothing is wrong and there is nothing going on ...

JAARule
25th Jun 2019, 09:00
That shouldn't be a problem for EK since they don't allow their a/c to operate over the "Persian" Gulf.... on pain of a visit to the office on your day off and threat of desert burial.

Pif Paf
26th Jun 2019, 17:37
Closed airspace this morning, big back logs, any info?

givemewings
29th Jun 2019, 15:25
You mean the same way they weren't flying through Iranian airspace the last time... during which I was standing in the J/C lounge on the 004 watching the airshow clearly displaying our route.. . over Iran... 😅

That shouldn't be a problem for EK since they don't allow their a/c to operate over the "Persian" Gulf.... on pain of a visit to the office on your day off and threat of desert burial.

Adam Barfy
30th Jun 2019, 05:37
You mean the same way they weren't flying through Iranian airspace the last time... during which I was standing in the J/C lounge on the 004 watching the airshow clearly displaying our route.. . over Iran... 😅
No. that’s not what he meant! Lol.

At least I got the joke

givemewings
30th Jun 2019, 15:41
No. that’s not what he meant! Lol.

At least I got the joke
yeah, I got it, the whole "what is it actually called" thing... just pointing out the last time this happened they actually overflew for a good while after they said they'd stopped. Was funny to hear the big cheese say EK were diverting round after having just landed on one that went bang over 🤣