PDA

View Full Version : easyJet MPL CAE June 2019

jsb22
20th Jun 2019, 08:33
Hi !

This thread is intended to people who attended to interviews of 18/19 of June at CAE for easyJet MPL.

Let's share our results and thoughts when the results come out

jsb22
21st Jun 2019, 09:58
Hello !

Just received the email, I failed.

What about you?

ventor
21st Jun 2019, 11:27
I have just got an email and I passed with no information about which program, but next days I will be contacted by a training adviser to discuss further steps.
Sorry to hear about your results.
Are you the one who has been accepted into FTE?

jsb22
21st Jun 2019, 12:27
Congratulations ! :)

Yes that's me ! It's been heartbraken to see I failed even though I have been accepted into FTE few weeks ago.
am really wondering what they are looking for. It makes me wondering what's wrong with me

I don't think there will be any feedback.

Two of us (the 4 french people) have been accepted btw !

jsb22
21st Jun 2019, 12:31
I can get give you their cell number if you wish to get in touch with them

ventor
21st Jun 2019, 12:40
I understand your thoughts, I've been in the same situation few months ago, will send a pm with details.
If you passed FTE and Stage 2 at cae that means you have the skills of becoming a future pilot.

nk17
21st Jun 2019, 12:57
Hello both,

Sorry to hear the bad news JSB, however, you’ve got the FTE offer! I’m sure you’ll have a great time if you decide to accept.

Congratulations ventor and the two others who got good news. Luckily there’s no requirement for Spanish for this course :)

I was accepted this morning also. Have you heard any other news??

NKK

ventor
21st Jun 2019, 19:47
Hello both,

Sorry to hear the bad news JSB, however, you’ve got the FTE offer! I’m sure you’ll have a great time if you decide to accept.

Congratulations ventor and the two others who got good news. Luckily there’s no requirement for Spanish for this course :)

I was accepted this morning also. Have you heard any other news??

NKK
Congratulation!
No more info besides the initial email. We have a group chat on whatsaap where we keep as informed. if you want to join send me your nr on pm and I will add u.

pilotfin
24th Jun 2019, 15:54
Congratulation!
No more info besides the initial email. We have a group chat on whatsaap where we keep as informed. if you want to join send me your nr on pm and I will add u.

I attended the Stage 3 on the 20th June and passed. Was curious as to whether anyone's received the call yet for the de-brief mentioned in the email?

JackPerry
25th Jun 2019, 09:52
I attended the Stage 3 on the 20th June and passed. Was curious as to whether anyone's received the call yet for the de-brief mentioned in the email?
I went to my Stage 3 on the 11th June. I got the email about passing 2 days later but was told because of a bit of a backlog it would be a couple of weeks before I heard anything else. Still, nothing as of yet.
Symbiotics emailed me 8 days later to setup a 10 minute phone debrief which is happening later this week.

ventor
25th Jun 2019, 13:51
No news yet besides the initial email.

tgj96
27th Jul 2019, 11:21
Hi all, I’ve just passed the Stage 2 assessments for the EasyJet MPL. I want to book the Stage 3 assessment however I’m not sure which option to book onto. Both the Volotea and Vueling courses have their own dedicated assessment pages but the easyJet one does not. The only one that I could book would be the CAE integrated ATPL stage 3 (ideally I want to book onto the next one available which is Tuesday July 30th). Is this the correct one to book onto? As I don’t particularly want to pay £185 to find out that I’m on the wrong assessment day and can’t get a refund. I’ve tried to get in contact with CAE but their phone lines aren’t active during the weekend.

Can anyone advise?

ventor
27th Jul 2019, 14:03
Hi all, I’ve just passed the Stage 2 assessments for the EasyJet MPL. I want to book the Stage 3 assessment however I’m not sure which option to book onto. Both the Volotea and Vueling courses have their own dedicated assessment pages but the easyJet one does not. The only one that I could book would be the CAE integrated ATPL stage 3 (ideally I want to book onto the next one available which is Tuesday July 30th). Is this the correct one to book onto? As I don’t particularly want to pay £185 to find out that I’m on the wrong assessment day and can’t get a refund. I’ve tried to get in contact with CAE but their phone lines aren’t active during the weekend.

Can anyone advise?

Congratulation for passing stage 2.
Currently its not possible to book Stage 3 for EasyJet, as far as I know the program is closed for the summer, possible for the entire year.
When they will open again, there will be a special section to book on clearly market with Easy. My advice is to contact CAE to ask when they will open booking for Easy.
I understand your impacience but you will have to wait quite a bit. There are people who passed Stage 3 in June and have not received yet an allocation date for starting the training which I've heard will not happen until 2020 since the program is full.
Nevertheless they will open again, all it takes is patience.

NESUNflyer
28th Jul 2019, 10:38
Congratulation for passing stage 2.
Currently its not possible to book Stage 3 for EasyJet, as far as I know the program is closed for the summer, possible for the entire year.
When they will open again, there will be a special section to book on clearly market with Easy. My advice is to contact CAE to ask when they will open booking for Easy.
I understand your impacience but you will have to wait quite a bit. There are people who passed Stage 3 in June and have not received yet an allocation date for starting the training which I've heard will not happen until 2020 since the program is full.
Nevertheless they will open again, all it takes is patience.

I am in the same boat too so thank you for that information! Regarding the actual day, besides the basic stuff you’d need to be well versed on for a day like that, does anyone know the extent of the technical knowledge they may ask about during the interview? Specifically any knowledge on flight systems, wings, engines etc? Best of luck to everyone starting or hoping to get to the next phase!

pilotfin
29th Jul 2019, 10:06
As it currently stands, there are no available MPL courses in Oxford for the rest of the year, and they're not certain whether they'll be getting them for early 2020 as a contract needs renewing. They mentioned that they had over-recruited cadets and now had to prioritise those still unplaced from June and early. I've been offered a spot in Madrid in either August or November, or Brussels in September (2019).

Whilst I would have preferred doing my ground school in Oxford, I'm just pleased to be offered the MPL at all! I also had a whitetail offer from L3 which I kept open until recently (as an insurance choice), but even they said go for the MPL as people would 'bite your arm off' for a spot.

ventor
29th Jul 2019, 14:55
I am in the same boat too so thank you for that information! Regarding the actual day, besides the basic stuff you’d need to be well versed on for a day like that, does anyone know the extent of the technical knowledge they may ask about during the interview? Specifically any knowledge on flight systems, wings, engines etc? Best of luck to everyone starting or hoping to get to the next phase!
Preparation package is enough.

DrBrian
30th Jul 2019, 11:16
As it currently stands, there are no available MPL courses in Oxford for the rest of the year, and they're not certain whether they'll be getting them for early 2020 as a contract needs renewing. They mentioned that they had over-recruited cadets and now had to prioritise those still unplaced from June and early. I've been offered a spot in Madrid in either August or November, or Brussels in September (2019).

Whilst I would have preferred doing my ground school in Oxford, I'm just pleased to be offered the MPL at all! I also had a whitetail offer from L3 which I kept open until recently (as an insurance choice), but even they said go for the MPL as people would 'bite your arm off' for a spot.

Bit disappointing that. I got through the stage 2 assessment in July and was hoping for a shot at the stage 3 in November. Kinda disheartening when you’ve paid all that money and psyched oneself up and now you’re not even sure the course/interview will be on.

pilotfin
30th Jul 2019, 12:47
Bit disappointing that. I got through the stage 2 assessment in July and was hoping for a shot at the stage 3 in November. Kinda disheartening when you’ve paid all that money and psyched oneself up and now you’re not even sure the course/interview will be on.

Sorry to hear that, DrBrian, and congrats for passing Stage 2. I'm not clued up on exactly what's going ahead for 2020, but I'm sure they'll sort something. I was told that I could either start the MPL this year, and have completed ground school by the time an Oxford course opened up, or wait til then. Seeing as it's just ground school that's based at either Brussels or Madrid, it's not a huge switch in my book. Will still be returning to Oxford after Arizona. Also, I'm just curious - have they actually offered you a concrete November date for your Stage 3, or has that also been pushed into 2020?

A320LGW
30th Jul 2019, 15:40
This is nothing new with easyjet, it's not the first time they've done it. They have a disgusting attitude towards those who take the time to apply and prepare for the process. Don't be surprised if they come up with an excuse saying your tests or part thereof are no longer valid whenever they do decide to bring you to the next phase. It reminds me of that time a few years ago when they offered a load of people who went through the whole process positions and said they'd passed, and then came up with some nonsense that in fact they didn't pass due to a change they suddenly did in their personality requirements.They are good to work for but they have little regard for the convenience or pockets of those who bother to apply.

DrBrian
31st Jul 2019, 09:25
Sorry to hear that, DrBrian, and congrats for passing Stage 2. I'm not clued up on exactly what's going ahead for 2020, but I'm sure they'll sort something. I was told that I could either start the MPL this year, and have completed ground school by the time an Oxford course opened up, or wait til then. Seeing as it's just ground school that's based at either Brussels or Madrid, it's not a huge switch in my book. Will still be returning to Oxford after Arizona. Also, I'm just curious - have they actually offered you a concrete November date for your Stage 3, or has that also been pushed into 2020?

They’d offered a date in November which I’d booked but then cancelled it along with all the other dates going forward. They have said they’ll know more in 6-8 weeks.

pilotfin
31st Jul 2019, 12:03
To offer my six pence on the issue...

I had my stage 3 on 21st May and have had the same experience. I’m ready to go, financially ready to begin and all Medicals etc in place, but CAE, having said they would have 2020 dates by end of July, are now saying they don’t know when they’ll have these and EZY have delayed signing the contracts for next year. Not exactly promising for any of us playing the waiting game!

I was also offered places in Madrid or Brussels for this year as I was given the impression 2020 dates would be coming sooner than is actually the case, and wanted to go travelling before starting. Instead, I’m still in my old job living in a strange state of limbo until EZY pass over those dates.

I spoke to Marcus at CAE the other day and apparently there are 25 future EasyJet cadets waiting on this!

Really hoping they don’t suddenly change their criteria and leave us in the lurch.

Fingers crossed they are able to sign the 2020 contracts. Having read something on another thread here about CAE, it was suggested that the Oxford school was going to be slowly phased out. Not sure on the validity of that, but it further cemented my decisions on accepting the Madrid/Brussels offers. It seems there's a lot up in the air (if you'll pardon the pun) regarding the status of the MPL. I've also noticed they've stopped taking applications to the course (good move) to get through the backlog of applications who are stuck between Stage 2 & 3.

ventor
31st Jul 2019, 12:08
To offer my six pence on the issue...

I had my stage 3 on 21st May and have had the same experience. I’m ready to go, financially ready to begin and all Medicals etc in place, but CAE, having said they would have 2020 dates by end of July, are now saying they don’t know when they’ll have these and EZY have delayed signing the contracts for next year. Not exactly promising for any of us playing the waiting game!

I was also offered places in Madrid or Brussels for this year as I was given the impression 2020 dates would be coming sooner than is actually the case, and wanted to go travelling before starting. Instead, I’m still in my old job living in a strange state of limbo until EZY pass over those dates.

I spoke to Marcus at CAE the other day and apparently there are 25 future EasyJet cadets waiting on this!

Really hoping they don’t suddenly change their criteria and leave us in the lurch.

Can you say which route they offered you?

I don't think is about changing criteria but more about uncertainty.
I'm not sure if you guys follow politics, but with the current Brexit situation, getting closer day by day to a no-deal scenario, uncertainty has risen across all business. Having this said I think it's quite difficult for EazyJet to predict the number of pilots they can take since in my view this is directly affected by Brexit (deal vs no-deal).
My assumption is that they don't want to offer a place (start date in the program) unless they know they will take you on board once you finish the school. Otherwise, imagine a situation where you will start the school under EazyJet program and then they can not take pilots anymore due to economical situation...
Its a tricky scenario. I will not be surprised if they put everything on hold for the next 3 months (until 31 October Brexit due date) in order to have more accurate predication of the need of pilots for coming years.
EzyJet did all necessary steps to extend to EU 27, but still up to date 70% of their business is in UK or from-to UK, therefore outcome of Brexit may have big impact even if they will have the rights to fly (via EazyJet Europe) but if there are less passengers, there is less need for pilots..

Just to add that this is my personal opinion based on my research and this does not represents a statement from Eazy nor the aviation schools.
I'm also curious what do you guys think.

pilotfin
31st Jul 2019, 12:16
Can you say which route they offered you?

I don't think is about changing criteria but more about uncertainty.
I'm not sure if you guys follow politics, but with the current Brexit situation, getting closer day by day to a no-deal scenario, uncertainty has risen across all business. Having this said I think it's quite difficult for EazyJet to predict the number of pilots they can take since in my view this is directly affected by Brexit (deal vs no-deal).
My assumption is that they don't want to offer a place (start date in the program) unless they know they will take you on board once you finish the school. Otherwise, imagine a situation where you will start the school under EazyJet program and then they can not take pilots anymore due to economical situation...
Its a tricky scenario. I will not be surprised if they put everything on hold for the next 3 months (until 31 October Brexit due date) in order to have more accurate predication of the need of pilots for coming years.
EzyJet did all necessary steps to extend to EU 27, but still up to date 70% of their business is in UK or from-to UK, therefore outcome of Brexit may have big impact even if they will have the rights to fly (via EazyJet Europe) but if there are less passengers, there is less need for pilots..

Just to add that this is my personal opinion based on my research and this does not represents a statement from Eazy nor the aviation schools.
I'm also curious what do you guys think.

Your point is very valid, ventor. In the introduction we received on the Stage 3 assessment, easyJet claimed that there would be minimal disruption in any Brexit result, as they changed the corporate structure to be split between UK/Europe by creating two separate companies - easyJet UK and easyJet Europe. Having said that, I think your argument is valid, as regardless of preparations, the uncertainty in itself is going to disrupt their business (as travellers will be hesitant across the whole market).

I'm not sure how much this is affecting the MPL specifically (and tagged ATPL), but it's interesting that Madrid & Brussels are running classes where Oxford is not. Capacity probably has a role to play in this as well, I'd imagine, but interesting nevertheless.

ventor
31st Jul 2019, 13:13
Your point is very valid, ventor. In the introduction we received on the Stage 3 assessment, easyJet claimed that there would be minimal disruption in any Brexit result, as they changed the corporate structure to be split between UK/Europe by creating two separate companies - easyJet UK and easyJet Europe. Having said that, I think your argument is valid, as regardless of preparations, the uncertainty in itself is going to disrupt their business (as travellers will be hesitant across the whole market).

I'm not sure how much this is affecting the MPL specifically (and tagged ATPL), but it's interesting that Madrid & Brussels are running classes where Oxford is not. Capacity probably has a role to play in this as well, I'd imagine, but interesting nevertheless.

Currently Madrid and Brussels are also on hold (at least for Generation EazyJet). I think they run classes for WhiteTail ATPL since CAE response to my request (about 3 weeks ago) was that they had only some place/places available in mid-August in Madrid for EazyJet, the rest will be in 2020 (and to be confirmed by Eazy). Having this said, the lack of places in 2019 are not due to CAE capacity but rather EazyJet 'requirments' (wahtever these requirements might mean - possible the prediction of pilots needed for next years)
Regarding Oxford, I heard that the second part of training will be affected, the stage after USA (multi-engine, IR, etc) and that is because due to Brexit the licences emitted by Oxford will be UK licences not EASA licences. At an open day in Brussels I was informed that CAE is looking into possibility of opening a training center in Belgium (I think Antwerp) to conduct this training and certification (second phase) ,so they will fall under EASA regulation.
So I think this might be the reason why Oxford capacity will be reduced.
As you can imagine there is a lot of uncertainty with 'if and but' .. 'I love Brexit :((((( '

Have you accepted an offer yet? at which base?

pilotfin
31st Jul 2019, 13:59
Currently Madrid and Brussels are also on hold (at least for Generation EazyJet). I think they run classes for WhiteTail ATPL since CAE response to my request (about 3 weeks ago) was that they had only some place/places available in mid-August in Madrid for EazyJet, the rest will be in 2020 (and to be confirmed by Eazy). Having this said, the lack of places in 2019 are not due to CAE capacity but rather EazyJet 'requirments' (wahtever these requirements might mean - possible the prediction of pilots needed for next years)
Regarding Oxford, I heard that the second part of training will be affected, the stage after USA (multi-engine, IR, etc) and that is because due to Brexit the licences emitted by Oxford will be UK licences not EASA licences. At an open day in Brussels I was informed that CAE is looking into possibility of opening a training center in Belgium (I think Antwerp) to conduct this training and certification (second phase) ,so they will fall under EASA regulation.
So I think this might be the reason why Oxford capacity will be reduced.
As you can imagine there is a lot of uncertainty with 'if and but' .. 'I love Brexit :((((( '

Have you accepted an offer yet? at which base?

I've accepted Madrid, but can defer to the September course in Brussels if I need to. Currently just finalising a few things and to make things easier, they've said I can just go on the Brussels course if I don't make the August one in MAD. The team there are very accommodating and have been in regular comms to see if there's anything they can do their end. Glad I chose CAE :)

On another point, the Madrid contract does not omit Oxford from the training at all, so I'm not sure what happens after Arizona. It does say that the course is subject to change ('mutatis mutandis') without affecting the final outcome, so theoretically speaking, Brexit shouldn't have any impact on the course (although I'm dubious about that...).

kvb
31st Jul 2019, 17:01
I've accepted Madrid, but can defer to the September course in Brussels if I need to. Currently just finalising a few things and to make things easier, they've said I can just go on the Brussels course if I don't make the August one in MAD. The team there are very accommodating and have been in regular comms to see if there's anything they can do their end. Glad I chose CAE :)

On another point, the Madrid contract does not omit Oxford from the training at all, so I'm not sure what happens after Arizona. It does say that the course is subject to change ('mutatis mutandis') without affecting the final outcome, so theoretically speaking, Brexit shouldn't have any impact on the course (although I'm dubious about that...). Hi pilotfin,

Did you have a chance to visit the Madrid centre and if so how does it compare to Oxford?

Also, did CAE provide any support in finding accommodation or put you in touch with the other cadets to secure accommodation together? I believe in Oxford they host a small reception a couple months before the course starts.

kimey82
1st Aug 2019, 10:28
Hi all, (my first post!)

I attended Oxford on the 19th June for my Stage 3 easyJet MPL, and have been offered a place. Like you all have said availability is limited and the whole brexit debacle isn't helping! I was keen to get started and get a placement confirmed, so I am booked on the Madrid course in November. It does sometimes seem a little overwhelming, but it will add to the experience and I think sometimes you just have to get on with it. I'm going over to Madrid in a couple of weeks to have a look if anyone has any questions.

Anyone else on the November course?

pilotfin
5th Aug 2019, 08:43
Hi pilotfin,

Did you have a chance to visit the Madrid centre and if so how does it compare to Oxford?

Also, did CAE provide any support in finding accommodation or put you in touch with the other cadets to secure accommodation together? I believe in Oxford they host a small reception a couple months before the course starts.

Hi kvb,

Unfortunately, I've only had the chance to visit Oxford. I liked the facilities there, and have been told that the facilities in Madrid and Brussels are both better and more modern, so in my opinion they can only be an upgrade from Oxford.

CAE have provided accommodation options which definitely saves time searching for suitable digs. Madrid has a dedicated list of apartments which students can book up, and they look quite nice. I'm not sure about other centres though! Will probably be finding out what Brussels is like soon, as I'm likely to be deferring to that start date!

pilotfin
5th Aug 2019, 08:47
Hi all, (my first post!)

I attended Oxford on the 19th June for my Stage 3 easyJet MPL, and have been offered a place. Like you all have said availability is limited and the whole brexit debacle isn't helping! I was keen to get started and get a placement confirmed, so I am booked on the Madrid course in November. It does sometimes seem a little overwhelming, but it will add to the experience and I think sometimes you just have to get on with it. I'm going over to Madrid in a couple of weeks to have a look if anyone has any questions.

Congrats on your first post, and for passing Stage 3, kimey82. Good choice on getting yourself started right away, and best of luck with the course!

It's a bit inconvenient having to do ground school overseas but I agree that it'll definitely add to the experience rather than detract from it. I'm nervous but also quite excited to experience a new city (and possibly pick up some of the local lingo)!

kimey82
5th Aug 2019, 09:07
Congrats on your first post, and for passing Stage 3, kimey82. Good choice on getting yourself started right away, and best of luck with the course!

It's a bit inconvenient having to do ground school overseas but I agree that it'll definitely add to the experience rather than detract from it. I'm nervous but also quite excited to experience a new city (and possibly pick up some of the local lingo)! Hi pilotfin - and thanks! Are you looking at going to Madrid too?

JackPerry
5th Aug 2019, 17:16
Hi all, (my first post!)

Hey Kimey82 - I passed my Stage 3 back in July and I'm provisionally booked into the Madrid start in November too. I'm just waiting for an opthomologist report back on my glasses prescription before I get my Class 1, but then I'm ready to go full in. I was also thinking of popping over to Madrid to have a look.

I'm incredibly exited. While Oxford is lovely and does have a very intimate, family environment, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Madrid. I've also been se;f-teaching Spanish for a good few years so I'm hoping this will help with that too!

Keep us updated, I will do the same :)

pilotfin
6th Aug 2019, 10:47
Hi pilotfin - and thanks! Are you looking at going to Madrid too?

I'm more likely to be in Brussels, but a change of plan may put me in Madrid! Might see you out there :)

tb134
7th Aug 2019, 09:14
Does anyone happen to know when CAE or L3 will be accepting applications for the next Easyjet MPL training programme?

Thanks!

pilotfin
7th Aug 2019, 17:32
Does anyone happen to know when CAE or L3 will be accepting applications for the next Easyjet MPL training programme?

Thanks!

L3 appear to have switched focus to offering whitetail ATPL programmes that then get ‘tagged’ once you have began ground school. No MPL applications are currently being accepted by either but I suspect CAE are likely to reopen next year once they’ve worked through the backlog of applications they currently have. Many prospective students are stuck in limbo between stages 2 & 3, or waiting for course slots to open.

kimey82
8th Aug 2019, 06:55
Hey Kimey82 - I passed my Stage 3 back in July and I'm provisionally booked into the Madrid start in November too. I'm just waiting for an opthomologist report back on my glasses prescription before I get my Class 1, but then I'm ready to go full in. I was also thinking of popping over to Madrid to have a look.

I'm incredibly exited. While Oxford is lovely and does have a very intimate, family environment, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Madrid. I've also been se;f-teaching Spanish for a good few years so I'm hoping this will help with that too!

Keep us updated, I will do the same :)

Hi Jack - Congratulations! Hopefully you'll soon gain your Class1! Great news on the Spanish....I think I know all of about 3 words! Three months to learn a new language!

I'll be in touch.

Reverserbucket
8th Aug 2019, 13:14
Is the accommodation offered shared? I understood that CAE used to have two students sharing a bedroom in some locations or can you pay a premium for a single room?

JackPerry
9th Aug 2019, 10:23
Is the accommodation offered shared? I understood that CAE used to have two students sharing a bedroom in some locations or can you pay a premium for a single room?
From what I can remember, the standard accom in madrid is two people sharing a flat, I very much doubt it would be a shared bedroom, not for the price I was quoted anyway!

pilotfin
30th Aug 2019, 12:00
Hi NESUNflyer, I received your message but have been unable to reply due to PPRuNe's silly limit on messages... Message me your number and I'll have you added to the MPL chat.

pilotfin
30th Aug 2019, 12:00

Hi NESUNflyer, I received your private message but have been unable to reply due to PPRuNe's silly limit on messages... Message me your number and I'll have you added to the MPL chat.

LONFlyer
2nd Sep 2019, 09:09
Who else here is on the MPL course starting in Madrid in November?

kvb
2nd Sep 2019, 16:39
Hi all,

I visited Madrid last month and am now enrolled on the November course. I initially wanted Oxford but have to say I was very impressed with the Madrid centre - much more modern than Oxford. If anyone has any questions about Madrid just let me know.

Looking forward to meeting those of you on the November course!

Flys4Funs
5th Sep 2019, 18:30
Anybody got any more info potential EZJ MPL courses starting in 2020? I’m waiting to confirm start date, having passed selection a while back, anyone else out there in same position have further insight? seems to be they are still waiting for confirmation of EZJ requirements for next year

Richard Kenneth Reed
23rd Sep 2019, 16:54
Anybody got any more info potential EZJ MPL courses starting in 2020? I’m waiting to confirm start date, having passed selection a while back, anyone else out there in same position have further insight? seems to be they are still waiting for confirmation of EZJ requirements for next year
I went to the September open day at Oxford. They said the generation Easyjet scheme it is usually closed this time of year and they are waiting on confirmation from Easy jet. They think it will be early 2020 before dates are released for those of us waiting to do stage 3. They said that realistically April 2020 will be when the next available slots are available to start ground school. Their general message was that the future demand for pilots is high but so is the current demand for the ATPL and MPL course so its a waiting game.

Flying_Bob
24th Sep 2019, 12:45
Hi all,

I'm also part of the team in Madrid on Nov 11th. Glad to meet you guys.
Do you know if there is any group or conversation on Facebook/What's app ?

Flying_Bob, from Paris :)

Miagroueva
24th Sep 2019, 13:05
Hi all,

I visited Madrid last month and am now enrolled on the November course. I initially wanted Oxford but have to say I was very impressed with the Madrid centre - much more modern than Oxford. If anyone has any questions about Madrid just let me know.

Looking forward to meeting those of you on the November course!

Hi,

I too wanted to be in oxford but I’m now enrolled on the Madrid easyJet MPL in November!

Just wondering what’s apartments your choosing to stay in and how you plan on getting to the centre, as I’m really stuck with this!

Thank you!

Miagroueva
24th Sep 2019, 13:13
Hi all,

Hi,

I am too! I don’t know if anything yet but would be nice to set one up?

Mia, from the UK :)

kvb
24th Sep 2019, 15:13
Hi Mia and Flying_Bob,

A facebook group that has recently been created. The team at Oxford should hopefully forward the group details onto the rest of the group soon.

In the meantime I'll send you a private message with the group details.

kvb

LONFlyer
24th Sep 2019, 20:38
Hi all,

Hey there! There is a facebook group just got going- send me a PM and I can send you the details :)

dobbiej
11th Oct 2019, 06:31
Hi all, I was on the mid July stage 3 Generation easyJet and was accepted via the ATPL route and I've heard nothing so far regarding a start date. I guess I'm one of the '25' mentioned earlier...

Has anyone heard anything in the last few weeks?

Cheers, Jeff

SophieSo
29th Oct 2019, 19:49
Hi all, I was on the mid July stage 3 Generation easyJet and was accepted via the ATPL route and I've heard nothing so far regarding a start date. I guess I'm one of the '25' mentioned earlier...

Has anyone heard anything in the last few weeks?

Cheers, Jeff
Hi Jeff,

My stage 3 was at the end of June w/ easyJet, also got the ATPL. Emailed earlier this month and was told to expect 3-4 weeks more of a wait - pretty much in line w/ waiting for Brexit October 31st, although I'm not hopeful that any info will be given soon because of the mess of Brexit :(
Was also told I'm in the holdpool and as soon as CAE had confirmation from easyJet they'd send out emails and arrange phonecalls.
Hope this info helps cause I know how annoying this weird limbo we're in is.

Sophie :)

nk17
15th Nov 2019, 12:47
Hi All,

For those who are waiting in this so called 'hold pool', I don't know if you have seen but CAE have announced that they have signed a training agreement with easyJet and have reopened the Generation easyJet programme. Hopefully this means that the ball is now rolling and we will receive some more information on start dates imminently!

NKK

Zizijet
15th Nov 2019, 14:09
Hi,
We indeed received more information yesterday after a long waiting period (5 months) -> the easyJet ATPL route is cancelled, we are all thrown away !!!
A very warm thank you to CAE for its professionalism ...

PPRuNeUser0185
16th Nov 2019, 14:25
Hi,
We indeed received more information yesterday after a long waiting period (5 months) -> the easyJet ATPL route is cancelled, we are all thrown away !!!
A very warm thank you to CAE for its professionalism ...
Have they given you any options? Whitetail ATPL?

Zizijet
18th Nov 2019, 06:51
Yes, Whitetail ATPL with a priority to join easyJet interviews at the end of the training !!!
What a great advantage :D

PPRuNeUser0185
18th Nov 2019, 14:05
Yes, Whitetail ATPL with a priority to join easyJet interviews at the end of the training !!!
What a great advantage :D
Oh wow! Definitely what you signed up for eh!

Are they getting rid of just the EZY ATPL, or are they also getting rid of the MPL route as well? I heard a rumour that the MPL will open up again in a few months time.
I've got my stage 2 for whitetail this Wednesday... wish me luck eeeek!

LanceHudson
18th Nov 2019, 17:32
Yeah the MPL has re-opened as of last Thursday! I completed stage 2 about a month ago, passed, but easyJet have a higher standard than integrated ATPL (which I sat the stage 2 for) so I am waiting to hear whether or not I’ve met easy’s standards...

Good luck also!

PPRuNeUser0185
18th Nov 2019, 18:48
Yeah the MPL has re-opened as of last Thursday! I completed stage 2 about a month ago, passed, but easyJet have a higher standard than integrated ATPL (which I sat the stage 2 for) so I am waiting to hear whether or not I’ve met easy’s standards...

Good luck also!
Thank you!

Do you recall if you get given any formulas for the maths and physics sections? What would you recommend to revise the most in maths and physics? I heard a lot of the maths is S-D-T, and a few topics in the physics to focus on.

What should I expect for the cognitive part as well? Is there maths and physics in this again, as well as the memory and recognition stuff?
I've been using SkyTest for the FAST, and feel like I'm pretty good at it now, although i've heard that the main thing they're looking for is an improvement in the second attempt? I also heard that the ball game can catch you out as some of axis are inverted as well?
Thanks for any of your help in advance!

Flyinghigh54674
20th Nov 2019, 12:31
Oh wow! Definitely what you signed up for eh!

Are they getting rid of just the EZY ATPL, or are they also getting rid of the MPL route as well? I heard a rumour that the MPL will open up again in a few months time.
I've got my stage 2 for whitetail this Wednesday... wish me luck eeeek!

how did you get on?

DrBrian
28th Nov 2019, 19:07
Annnnnd they’ve just cancelled my stage 3 interview. Apparently I’m eligible for reapplying for another stage 2 straight away though.

On the one hand I know what to expect on the other they’re taking the mick when I get through.

EDIT Bit disheartening when you also receive emails like this
Can’t post a link but pilot career news have a story about CAE getting a contract for 1000 easyJet pilots.

Flys4Funs
29th Nov 2019, 02:41
Why are they making you take stage 2 again? I thought the results from that were good for 12 months?

LanceHudson
29th Nov 2019, 06:20
Annnnnd they’ve just cancelled my stage 3 interview. Apparently I’m eligible for reapplying for another stage 2 straight away though.

On the one hand I know what to expect on the other they’re taking the mick when I get through.

EDIT Bit disheartening when you also receive emails like this
Can’t post a link but pilot career news have a story about CAE getting a contract for 1000 easyJet pilots.

Hey, this just happened to me too despite being told the contrary a few weeks ago. It’s a bit of a pain, as I have to wait 4 months until I can re-take stage 2.

good luck next time!

LanceHudson
29th Nov 2019, 06:21
Why are they making you take stage 2 again? I thought the results from that were good for 12 months?

The stage 2 I sat was for the ATPL which was fine (passed). But the MPL for easyJet has higher standards, so passing for ATPL does not mean you are eligible for the MPL.

DrBrian
29th Nov 2019, 17:01
The stage 2 I sat was for the ATPL which was fine (passed). But the MPL for easyJet has higher standards, so passing for ATPL does not mean you are eligible for the MPL.

I got an offer of a Stage 3 interview with easyJet in June and I've been waiting for them to reopen the Stage 3 since. Looking through the bumpf there's no mention of MPL or otherwise. Might ring them on tuesday and see if there's been a mistake somewhere, if not I'll book another Stage 2 as i'm eligable at the beginning of Jan and I'm off on one of the days it runs.

I dunno. Maybe they've changed the test or score requirements. Maybe I just scraped through first time?

LanceHudson
29th Nov 2019, 20:31
I got an offer of a Stage 3 interview with easyJet in June and I've been waiting for them to reopen the Stage 3 since. Looking through the bumpf there's no mention of MPL or otherwise. Might ring them on tuesday and see if there's been a mistake somewhere, if not I'll book another Stage 2 as i'm eligable at the beginning of Jan and I'm off on one of the days it runs.

I dunno. Maybe they've changed the test or score requirements. Maybe I just scraped through first time?

If you applied in June your stage 2 would have been benchmarked to ATPL standards - as eJ was running at ATPL course too at that time. However, now there is only an MPL so they are only accepting higher-scoring applicants.

Flys4Funs
30th Nov 2019, 04:46
I guess the good news is, if you pass the MPL selection you’ll save about 45k compared to the ATPL route. Good Luck!

faizzie786
7th Dec 2019, 15:27
How do they mark the ADAPT test because I did it a few days ago and I think I did really well in all the others accept the FAST. It was just soo confusing and too many things to look for.

sms8
7th Dec 2019, 20:41
How do they mark the ADAPT test because I did it a few days ago and I think I did really well in all the others accept the FAST. It was just soo confusing and too many things to look for.

apparently they look for improvement on the second attempt it demonstrates the ability to learn and improve.

PPRuNeUser0185
7th Dec 2019, 21:14

I found out I failed my stage 2 during the week. Funnily enough, my biggest worry was the FAST test just like you, but somehow I passed that haha! It was the ball game that really catched me out.

Just an FYI to you and everyone else in the forum, CAE have increased the “cool down” period for re-sits to 6 months, no longer 3 months. I think this down to controlling the flow of applicants, as they’re getting quite busy.

I won’t be continuing to pursue CAE, and I’ve heard there’s delays on the horizon due to capacity; I'll be pursuing another avenue for pilot training. Good luck to all those applying for the assessments.

sms8
7th Dec 2019, 21:47
argh shame, so whats the plan now? Did you just fail on the ball test?

I found out I failed my stage 2 during the week. Funnily enough, my biggest worry was the FAST test just like you, but somehow I passed that haha! It was the ball game that really catched me out.

Just an FYI to you and everyone else in the forum, CAE have increased the “cool down” period for re-sits to 6 months, no longer 3 months. I think this down to controlling the flow of applicants, as they’re getting quite busy.

I won’t be continuing to pursue CAE, and I’ve heard there’s delays on the horizon due to capacity; I'll be pursuing another avenue for pilot training. Good luck to all those applying for the assessments.

PPRuNeUser0185
7th Dec 2019, 21:55
argh shame, so whats the plan now? Did you just fail on the ball test?

Yeah I was gutted, but I believe everything happens for a reason and not to dwell on these setbacks. I also failed on the physics section. I felt confident on the physics however, and I’d be really surprised if I didn’t get at least 15 out of the 20 questions correct. I do wonder what the actual pass marks are for the different sections of the assessment... and I wonder if they’ve increased the pass marks as well as the cool down period...

I’m going to pursue FTA down in Shoreham. Really like the way they do things, and aren’t a massive multi-million company who treat cadets like a name on a system. And ultimately... you end up with the exact same qualifications at a cheaper cost.

Have you done your stage 2 yet?

sms8
8th Dec 2019, 07:56
Not yet I'm due in a couple weeks, yes everything does happen for a reason, maybe they have pushed the boundaries up if they have plenty of candidates, was you taking the easyjet mpl path or just cae standard integrated atpl route ? Apparently the easyjet mpl level2 is harder with higher boundaries, did you have any of the prep software like cae the cbd bundle or the latestpilotjobs.com software?

I also have heard good things about shoreham ... oxford is most convenient for me due to distance from home, and I felt more reassured by its airline links...but if I happen to fail and there is a 6 month wait that could really put a spanner in the works.

Out of interest what kind of physics questions did you get? Damn I’m getting nervous about this now :(

Yeah I was gutted, but I believe everything happens for a reason and not to dwell on these setbacks. I also failed on the physics section. I felt confident on the physics however, and I’d be really surprised if I didn’t get at least 15 out of the 20 questions correct. I do wonder what the actual pass marks are for the different sections of the assessment... and I wonder if they’ve increased the pass marks as well as the cool down period...

I’m going to pursue FTA down in Shoreham. Really like the way they do things, and aren’t a massive multi-million company who treat cadets like a name on a system. And ultimately... you end up with the exact same qualifications at a cheaper cost.

Have you done your stage 2 yet?

Wroclaw
8th Dec 2019, 20:20
I passed the Step 2 last month, the physics was really easy. Distance, speed, acceleration mostly

sms8
9th Dec 2019, 09:24
what did you think was the most tricky part? Any tips?

I passed the Step 2 last month, the physics was really easy. Distance, speed, acceleration mostly

faizzie786
9th Dec 2019, 12:13

What part of the FASthu think u did bad on. The part where you have to answer questions while monitoring the cockpit or answering questions about the cockpit later.

faizzie786
9th Dec 2019, 12:18
what did you think was the most tricky part? Any tips?

there were some really easy fill in the blank questions. Distance, speed, time and some questions like: how much fuel did the plane use while flying for 3 hrs with the fuel consumption of xxx. I finished the whole section 12 mins before the end time even though im kinda slow in answering because i always double check my answers. Maths took a little longer for me. Other than that, the memory part and the orientations were very basic. Just make sure u observe the pictures properly before answering because I was too confident and realised I got a question wrong 1 sec after i selected the answer. And once u select an answer, you cant change.

sms8
10th Dec 2019, 07:46
Cool thanks for the tips

Crusherrr
9th Jan 2020, 18:17
Could anyone let me know of what kind of questions are asked in stage 3?

Clarkman
10th Jan 2020, 16:34
Sorry, I can't help you as I haven't even done stage 2 yet. Are many questions based on fuel & speed, distance and time?

sms8
10th Jan 2020, 20:17
Sorry, I can't help you as I haven't even done stage 2 yet. Are many questions based on fuel & speed, distance and time?

yes plus trig pythag and bearings

faizzie786
13th Jan 2020, 11:21
Just use the handbook that they sent you. If you prepare yourself well according to that handbook then you are in safe hands. I did extra research on the internet but everything that they asked was from what they said in the handbook. Can't say the exact questions, sorry, was told not to. In the handbook, they ask for Cooperation, Leadership, Situational awareness and Decision making and same in the interview. And then ofcourse, learn about the company, as much as you can.
Hope that helps.
Good luck

Harry Britten
13th Jan 2020, 16:56
I've got my Stage 3 for EasyJet MPL on the 28th, has anyone done this before? If they have any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

faizzie786
13th Jan 2020, 19:07
I've got my Stage 3 for EasyJet MPL on the 28th, has anyone done this before? If they have any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
Yes. I did mines on 7th and received my good news today. Just follow what I said in the post before yours and you should be fine. They are really nice people and they make sure you are not nervous at any time.

They have some new simulators worth about 7million. If you are lucky, someone might be able to show you.

Good luck.

Crusherrr
14th Jan 2020, 07:55
Yes. I did mines on 7th and received my good news today. Just follow what I said in the post before yours and you should be fine. They are really nice people and they make sure you are not nervous at any time.

They have some new simulators worth about 7million. If you are lucky, someone might be able to show you.

Good luck.
Congratulations!, any idea on when you will start ground school?

faizzie786
14th Jan 2020, 18:31
Congratulations!, any idea on when you will start ground school?
Thank you. They gave me an initial option of 9th march and 13th april I think. But other guys who did their interview with me have been able to choose a later date.

Harry Britten
15th Jan 2020, 13:50
Thank you. They have me an initial option of 7th march and 28th april I think. But other guys who did their interview with me have been able to choose a later date. are the dates they give you the only options or are there lots of them to choose from, not sure how that works

Harry Britten
15th Jan 2020, 16:02
As You have passed Stage three, would you mind if i were to take a look at Your CV for some pointers, if not i totally understand :)

faizzie786
15th Jan 2020, 16:59
are the dates they give you the only options or are there lots of them to choose from, not sure how that works
Ok, so upon request, I received an email today with about 8 different starting dates which I can choose from. So in that way, they are really flexible with you.

faizzie786
15th Jan 2020, 17:07
As You have passed Stage three, would you mind if i were to take a look at Your CV for some pointers, if not i totally understand :)
They ask you to bring your CV with you but no one asked to look at my CV on the day. Now you should definitely take your CV with you but might not be asked for it.
I don't feel really confortable sharing my CV here, but what I would say is I have a few different CVs for different job roles. The one that I prepared for easyJet has alot of stuff about me being involved in group projects and tasks that required me to go out of my comfort zone such as summer schools to a different country. It is very recomended to do a part time job as other people who came for interview on same day as me and didn't pass said that they couldn't say much when asked about past experiences. You have to try to answer every question with an experience from the past. So work experience is very important in CV. I have been working in tesco, which helps because it involved customer service and working flexible in a team, both easyJet needs in you.

Hope that helps. Sorry i wrote alot.

LanceHudson
15th Jan 2020, 17:46
They ask you to bring your CV with you but no one asked to look at my CV on the day. Now you should definitely take your CV with you but might not be asked for it.
I don't feel really confortable sharing my CV here, but what I would say is I have a few different CVs for different job roles. The one that I prepared for easyJet has alot of stuff about me being involved in group projects and tasks that required me to go out of my comfort zone such as summer schools to a different country. It is very recomended to do a part time job as other people who came for interview on same day as me and didn't pass said that they couldn't say much when asked about past experiences. You have to try to answer every question with an experience from the past. So work experience is very important in CV. I have been working in tesco, which helps because it involved customer service and working flexible in a team, both easyJet needs in you.

Hope that helps. Sorry i wrote alot.

Hi quick question :- I assume the booking process for Stage 3 is different than the ‘BookingBug’ website we used to book stage 2? As I can’t see any stage 3 dates on that.

Thanks

faizzie786
15th Jan 2020, 17:54
Hi quick question :- I assume the booking process for Stage 3 is different than the ‘BookingBug’ website we used to book stage 2? As I can’t see any stage 3 dates on that.

Thanks
yes. You have to call them, they should have sent you an email with the dates available. The dates sent to me were
CAE Gatwick:
7th January, 2020
8th January, 2020
28th January, 2020
29th January, 2020

CAE Amsterdam:
4th February 2020
5th February 2020

CAE Malpensa:
25th February 2020
26th February 2020

hope that helps.

JamesS1
19th Jan 2020, 14:05
Just use the handbook that they sent you. If you prepare yourself well according to that handbook then you are in safe hands. I did extra research on the internet but everything that they asked was from what they said in the handbook. Can't say the exact questions, sorry, was told not to. In the handbook, they ask for Cooperation, Leadership, Situational awareness and Decision making and same in the interview. And then ofcourse, learn about the company, as much as you can.
Hope that helps.
Good luck

Hi!

Congratulations on getting through stage 3, thats incredible!
I appreciate you've beein inundated with questions already!!
But I'm due to do my stage 3 end of January and I just wondered if you could lt me know one or two things about how long the interview is, who interviews and what order the sections (group and personal) come in. Also whats the average age would you have said for the other applicants, as I'm pretty young!

Thanks so much. And well done again!!
James

faizzie786
19th Jan 2020, 20:11
Hi!

Congratulations on getting through stage 3, thats incredible!
I appreciate you've beein inundated with questions already!!
But I'm due to do my stage 3 end of January and I just wondered if you could lt me know one or two things about how long the interview is, who interviews and what order the sections (group and personal) come in. Also whats the average age would you have said for the other applicants, as I'm pretty young!

Thanks so much. And well done again!!
James

There were total of 10 people on my interview day. I am 22 and the others were pretty much same age as me with one person being 30 years old. 1 hr group interview and then 1hr personal interview. But that one hour went like 5 mins. You will be interviewed by easyJet HR personnel. You will be briefed about everything before starting and given a chance to ask any questions. They are really nice people and want you to succeed so no need to panic.
Good luck.

JamesS1
20th Jan 2020, 20:12
There were total of 10 people on my interview day. I am 22 and the others were pretty much same age as me with one person being 30 years old. 1 hr group interview and then 1hr personal interview. But that one hour went like 5 mins. You will be interviewed by easyJet HR personnel. You will be briefed about everything before starting and given a chance to ask any questions. They are really nice people and want you to succeed so no need to panic.
Good luck.

Thank you very much, that's just brilliant!
Well done again!
I'll report back!

AlphaOscar
24th Jan 2020, 13:42
For the stage 3, was it a group interview or a group excercise/task?

JamesS1
25th Jan 2020, 18:13
I presume the day finished before lunch for you, or will we need to bring it with us?

Thanks
James

DrBrian
29th Jan 2020, 22:47
So anyone having another go at STAGE2 for the MPL?
I passed last time* buy I think my FAST score let me down. Some disconnect between mentally between watching a video and actually controlling something.
Is there anyway to practise something like it online?

*for the ATPL Easyjet course.

LanceHudson
30th Jan 2020, 05:33
So anyone having another go at STAGE2 for the MPL?
I passed last time* buy I think my FAST score let me down. Some disconnect between mentally between watching a video and actually controlling something.
Is there anyway to practise something like it online?

*for the ATPL Easyjet course.

I’m in the same situation as you are. I spoke to someone at CAE and was told that the requirements are only higher for the ball game, FAST and Fixed Wing assessments. I.e. it was one of those 3 that let me down.

The rest of the assessment is the exact same.

Learning101
30th Jan 2020, 20:37
Hi everyone,
I have recently been invited for my stage 2 assessment. It is on the second week of February. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how I should prepare for it. Things like what I should do and best way to be fully prepared for it. Also, I am unsure on getting the Maths and Physics test bundle as I have Skytest, so I would really appreciate if someone would help me out on that. I really don't know what to expect as I haven't received any email with help. So, if anyone could brief me on what the day consists of I would really appreciate it.

LessThanSte
31st Jan 2020, 08:57
Hi everyone,
I have recently been invited for my stage 2 assessment ........ I really don't know what to expect as I haven't received any email with help. So, if anyone could brief me on what the day consists of I would really appreciate it.

Contact CAE - I didn't receive the Stage 2 assessment info pack at first, and when i still hadn't 2 weeks after selecting a date i rang them, received it within the hour. They believed it had been sent out, so perhaps the system was playing up. Either way, if you don't contact them about it, they wont know you haven't had it.

There are contact details on the assessment invite email.

Learning101
31st Jan 2020, 16:05
Contact CAE - I didn't receive the Stage 2 assessment info pack at first, and when i still hadn't 2 weeks after selecting a date i rang them, received it within the hour. They believed it had been sent out, so perhaps the system was playing up. Either way, if you don't contact them about it, they wont know you haven't had it.

There are contact details on the assessment invite email.
Thank you and I have done. Also, can you tell me how your experience was and give me some advice. Also do you recommend me getting the bundle or the one I use on Skytest is fine?

LessThanSte
3rd Feb 2020, 09:11
I havent had my stage 2 yet - i can perhaps advise after i have.

Good luck

am59fly
3rd Feb 2020, 17:10
Hi, was anyone on here at the stage 3 on Thursday the 30th Jan ?

PAB1
3rd Feb 2020, 18:03
Hi, was anyone on here at the stage 3 on Thursday the 30th Jan ?

Hey

Yeah I was there. You heard anything yet? I'm guessing they'll have been responding to people on the Tuesday and Wednesday first...

TheoEspo
3rd Feb 2020, 20:43
Hi everyone,

I’m French and I applied today online for the MPL EasyJet with CAE.

I just received an email with « Your application has been received! ».

How many days (approximately) CAE take to give us a date to pass the Stage 2?

Thank you very much!

Skysurfer1
4th Feb 2020, 12:36
Ive been in the hold pool since July 2019. I have just received a message from EasyJet that the hiring requirements have been filled for 2020 and I'm in the pool until October 2020 .

I turned down their first base option, biggest mistake ever. Live and Learn I guess!!

nk17
4th Feb 2020, 12:52
Ive been in the hold pool since July 2019. I have just received a message from EasyJet that the hiring requirements have been filled for 2020 and I'm in the pool until October 2020 .

I turned down their first base option, biggest mistake ever. Live and Learn I guess!!

Have you finished training?

am59fly
4th Feb 2020, 14:29
Are you in the hold pool as a qualified pilot, waiting to be sent to a base ? Or do you mean you turned down the training base they wanted to send you to ?

Flyman3002
5th Feb 2020, 08:51
I was there also, haven't heard anything yet. Will wait till tomorrow before I call them up. Anyone else heard back yet?

Flyman3002
5th Feb 2020, 09:56
I was there also, not heard anything yet, will wait till tomorrow before calling them to check. Anyone here from Tuesday/Wednesday heard back from stage 3?

Hey

Yeah I was there. You heard anything yet? I'm guessing they'll have been responding to people on the Tuesday and Wednesday first...

Learning101
5th Feb 2020, 21:08
Anyone going to the stage 2 assessment on the 11th

PAB1
5th Feb 2020, 21:21
I was there also, not heard anything yet, will wait till tomorrow before calling them to check. Anyone here from Tuesday/Wednesday heard back from stage 3?

I was considering ringing them too. Let us know the outcome if you decide to give them a buzz tomorrow

JamesS1
5th Feb 2020, 21:29

Hi,

I was there on the Wednesday. I haven't heard as of yet, and I don't believe anyone else from our day.
Fingers crossed tommorow!:)

However, if you do call it would be great to hear what they say!

DrBrian
5th Feb 2020, 22:41
I’m in the same situation as you are. I spoke to someone at CAE and was told that the requirements are only higher for the ball game, FAST and Fixed Wing assessments. I.e. it was one of those 3 that let me down.

The rest of the assessment is the exact same.

Interesting. I've been hammering the Maths and physics for the last month as I wasn't 100% on a few of the questions(and the FAST) and I thought I'd dropped marks all over the shop.
I'm going to enquire tomorrow. Thanks very much.

Might fire up DCS and try to make my own 'mission' with random elements.

Harry Britten
6th Feb 2020, 09:15
Did anyone here do their stage 3 ate Gatwick on the 28th? I'd so have you got your results back yet?

Flyman3002
6th Feb 2020, 09:53
am59fly JamesS1 PAB1

Just called CAE, they said they are waiting to hear back from EJ, as they have heard nothing yet. They've tried to chase, but most likely EJ will get back to them next week, and subsequently back to us late next week or week after.
Nothing to do but sit and wait!

Jen101
6th Feb 2020, 10:17
I completed stage 3 last Thursday and was told I would hear back at the start of this week. I called up CAE oxford yesterday and they said the lady who is dealing with the intake was not in yesterday and was back today. However she also mentioned that they usually take between 7-10 days to get back to us, so if I don’t hear by then I can call back.

am59fly
6th Feb 2020, 11:25
Has anyone waiting to hear from stage 3 outcome decided to chase ?

thinking of giving them a call this afternoon.

am59fly
6th Feb 2020, 13:16
Hi all,

For those waiting to hear back about stage 3, I have sent an email to Roisin and Rosie at CAE asking for an update.

If I hear back, I will let you all know 🤞🏻

am59fly
6th Feb 2020, 13:49
Ok, just heard back from CAE as below. Sorry to disappoint!

I have spoken with the Assessment team and they have not heard from easyJet yet. We are hoping to receive results early next week.
As soon as we have heard back from easyJet we will contact all candidates.

Apologies this is later than expected.

am59fly
6th Feb 2020, 15:55
Just had an unsuccessful email from CAE.

No feedback offered, but I’ve replied to ask where I went wrong.

hopefully you will all hear soon !

AlphaOscar
6th Feb 2020, 21:55
Has anyone else from last weeks Stage 3’s heard back yet??

apaletta
7th Feb 2020, 20:31
Hi all,

I have my stage 2 Assesment on 2nd March.

I was was wondering if you could give me some tips/insight on what to expect?

Thanks!

Jen101
7th Feb 2020, 21:23
Has anyone else from last weeks Stage 3’s heard back yet??

I was offered a place yesterday. Anyone else?

PAB1
8th Feb 2020, 02:20

Hey Jen

Yeah me too. Think we were on the same day. Give me a DM :)

===============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Cormorant92
8th Feb 2020, 07:58
Hi all,

I have my stage 2 Assesment on 2nd March.

I was was wondering if you could give me some tips/insight on what to expect?

Thanks!

I passed my Stage 2 recently, and it's nothing too much to worry about apaletta! Takes about 3 hours and the staff there were really nice and made everyone feel relaxed. The Maths and Physics sections were GCSE level and the questions got progressively harder (no calculator but all the formulas you need are given). I found that the CAE package that you can buy went into a lot more detail than you need for most of the topics, but make sure you're really up to scratch on you speed/distance/time and fuel burn rate calculations and you'll be fine here. I bought the latestpilotjobs package which I found extremely helpful for all the other elements of the assessment.

AlphaOscar
8th Feb 2020, 08:18

I got my good news yesterday too!! Have you spoke with CAE yet to discuss start dates etc....?

Also, have you sorted your class 1 out yet??

JamesS1
8th Feb 2020, 09:06

Yes, same here. Although I didn't get any communication about sorting a date etc...

TomH101
8th Feb 2020, 15:14
I also got an offer. They called yesterday evening to enquire when I was ready to go and about class 1 medical + course accommodation etc. I imagine info about the Symbiotics debrief will be on Monday

johndent88
8th Feb 2020, 22:54
Just had an unsuccessful email from CAE.

No feedback offered, but I’ve replied to ask where I went wrong.

Hopefully you will all hear soon !

Did you hear back? I’ve heard in the past some people got offered interviews on other courses? Hopefully all will come good in the end :)

Jen101
9th Feb 2020, 07:53
Yes, same here. Although I didn't get any communication about sorting a date etc...

I was offered the 11th May at Oxford. I can’t remember the exact dates for the other bases, sorry.

apaletta
9th Feb 2020, 18:11
I passed my Stage 2 recently, and it's nothing too much to worry about apaletta! Takes about 3 hours and the staff there were really nice and made everyone feel relaxed. The Maths and Physics sections were GCSE level and the questions got progressively harder (no calculator but all the formulas you need are given). I found that the CAE package that you can buy went into a lot more detail than you need for most of the topics, but make sure you're really up to scratch on you speed/distance/time and fuel burn rate calculations and you'll be fine here. I bought the latestpilotjobs package which I found extremely helpful for all the other elements of the assessment.

Thanks so much for the info!

Looking at either getting the Latestpilotjobs or Pilotaptitudetest package.

What was the ADAPT test itself like - aside from the maths/physics?

Cormorant92
10th Feb 2020, 09:31
Tried to DM you apaletta but your inbox is full!

apaletta
10th Feb 2020, 11:02
Thanks for attempting. Pprune won't let me recieve messages as I'm new. I've tried sending you one - Did you get it?

Thanks so much for the help.

apaletta
10th Feb 2020, 11:04
Thanks for trying. As I'm new Prrune won't let me recieve messages. I've tried to message you - did you get it?

Thanks so much for the help!

Alejandro9
10th Feb 2020, 13:10
Do you know when the course will start in Milan and Oxford ?

Dailykey
13th Feb 2020, 19:08
I am atending the stage 2 asessment in march, i wanted some advice for the last part, the Fast, fixed wing and ball game, what shoul i expect and what is the best way to prepare

DrBrian
13th Feb 2020, 19:30
How hard was the ADAPT tests compaired to the latestpilotjobs tests?

I'm scoring higher than the average but I don't feel confident on either easy/med/hard.

JamesS1
13th Feb 2020, 19:35
Hi!

I used latest pilot jobs too. And I passed. You'll certainly be at an advantage if you use a joystick with that.
I wouldnt say there was too much of a step up. However maths + physics wise I didnt use latest pilot jobs, instead I used the CAE bundle which helped me the most as I wasnt so strong at maths.

Just be focused on the day and you should be fine. Remember to take your time as you can have breaks whenever you want.

DrBrian
13th Feb 2020, 21:40
Thanks. I've been ripping though the CAE maths and physics at work and I've been scoring well first time on the tests. I've got a few more quiet nights ahead in which I can revise in peace and quiet.
I'm most worried about the CAE version of the "Advanced Flight Simulator" . I feel like I'm just best guessing within the 4 second window , I'm still better than average but that isn't instilling much confidence.

Alejandro9
14th Feb 2020, 13:00
Hello,

somebody knows if you take the accomodations provided It’s a sharing appartment ?

Richard Kenneth Reed
16th Feb 2020, 18:00
Hi everyone. Passed my stage 2 this week and booked in for the stage 3 at Gatwick on the 12th March. Anyone else booked in for then? Also anyone have information regarding dates for starting Groundschool. I have been told October in the past but I know these things often chop and change. Cheers

JamesS1
19th Feb 2020, 14:41
Hi,

I have been told of start dates around April and March time.

They dont know about September yet

Jasper45011
20th Feb 2020, 11:00
Hi,

I did my stage 2 assessment at CAE for EZY MPL. They said that they would reply within 5 days of the assessment - roughly how long did it take for everyone to receive a reply?

For all that haven't completed the assessment yet, here is what to expect:-
1) Maths Test:
- Simple stuff, just get hot on your Speed distance time formula and fuel burning and some trigonometry (they don't clearly state that you have to use this, so you have to try and work it out)
2) Physics Test:
- Again, simple GCSE stuff. First few questions are usually either filling in the blanks or relating pictures to sentences.
3) FAST
- Hard! It's all multi-tasking so be prepared to have sweaty palms!
4) Cognitive
- Consists of numerical reasoning (stuff like algebra, number sequencing, etc.), non-verbal reasoning, verbal reasoning and working memory tests (remembering what they said in an audio clip or from a picture)
5) Ball game
- Again, it's hard and the joystick is inverted so left = right and right = left - that's what I struggled to get used to
6) Fixed Wing
- This is flying in the simulator and getting used to the controls of the aircraft and being taught how to fly a fighter jet in smooth conditions, at a stable altitude and stable speed - very simply and easy stuff if you have flown on a simulator like Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Prepar3d or X-Plane.
7) Personality Questionnaire
- 285 questions of various types of questions; most of which repeat themselves but worded differently to try and catch you out, so pay attention!

Tips:
- I really recommend investing into the CAE packages if your maths and physics are not up to scratch; they go through the PURE basics
- I would also recommend buying a Latestpilotjobs package with the minimum of the red dot game/ball game because it is essential to understand the feeling of a joystick and what to expect on the day
- Something I highly recommend is to purchase the tests from Symbiotics (ADAPT) as these are the EXACT tests that easyJet and CAE uses to test their candidates; it's essentially like mock testing yourself. I paid for 4 of these (2x maths and 2x physics) and unfortunately they are £18 each but the questions are virtually the same, so if you aren't so good at maths or physics like myself, then definitely get these.

Sorry for it being so long, but this is something I would have loved to read before my assessment to prepare me so I hope it helps some of you!

Good luck everyone!

LessThanSte
21st Feb 2020, 06:30
Agreed re symbiotics.

(assuming the questions were the same) i had nothing that needed trigonometry. There was one that needed pythagoras (east x miles, north y miles, east z more miles, what is distance from start). I heard back on Wednesday (test on Monday AM)

sunji
21st Feb 2020, 12:28
sorry for the kinda off topic question. but are there any jobs available for direct entries? i couldnt find any on the easyjet homepage except those from switzerland:
https://easyjet.taleo.net/careersection/copilotall/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en

is there another website or how can i apply to easyjet europe?

thank you very much

Dylan Cimmino
23rd Feb 2020, 12:23
Hello,

Anyone know if we can choose the location where we can do our groundschool after stage 3 ? and the dates of start for the MPL ?

Thanks a lot !

JamesS1
23rd Feb 2020, 18:20
Hi,
yes they do give you a choice as to where you undertake ground training. Depending on availability and start dates.
I believe there are dates around March, April and may. In all of the locations,

Good luck!

Dylan Cimmino
23rd Feb 2020, 18:37
Hey,
Thanks a lot for all informations, I will do my best for the stage 3 but I'm a little be scared about my level in english.
I would like to start in September and in Madrid if I can, it would be perfect for me.

JamesS1
23rd Feb 2020, 19:18
Fingers crossed! Good luck!

XavBrc
25th Feb 2020, 23:05
Hey !

If you're scared about your english you can choose Brussels. It's also in english of course but there's more french, belgian, dutch ... so it could be easier as a transition. Same for Madrid but in Brussels for your everyday life you can easily speak french if you find any difficulties to communicate in english.

Good luck for stage 3 !

Dylan Cimmino
26th Feb 2020, 17:26
Thanks for your repply and for your precious tips,

You're right but I don't want to choose Brussels because I really need to be totaly fluent in english at the end of the groundschool. I travel a lot, so my english is not so bad for everyday life situations, but, driving a group interview et personnal interview is something really different no ?

So if they don't care about the way I speak, I think it'll be ok. But, If they want somebody who's totally fluent, so I need to do a LOT of improvement.

XavBrc
26th Feb 2020, 19:32
The thing is to be understood by your teammates whatever is your accent. If all you say is clear then it's OK.
Just to correct if it was not clear, when choosing Brussels you will be fluent in english too because of the course in full english and because of the many nationality represented in the prom, so universal language in the classes still english even if there is belgian and french.

Dylan Cimmino
27th Feb 2020, 16:09
Yes you're right, but if I can choose, I think i'll prefer to be in Madrid (because of the life outside the school and the weather ;) ).
I'm worried about my english right now before the groundschool's start. I know i'll be fluent at the end of the ATPL phase. So, I need to be ready in a month if I want to catch my chance to enter at CAE with the MPL way.

Anyway, thanks for your interest who's really kind !

AlphaOscar
28th Feb 2020, 09:17
Has anyone else opted for Friday 8th May at Oxford? Would be nice to see who else is on this intake! :)

dobby88
28th Feb 2020, 10:23
Has anyone seen the recruitment freeze news? Got a stage 2 booked next week. Not sure what to make of it. Will they continue giving out offers for the time being?

Pilot2/b
28th Feb 2020, 17:27
EZY London Stock Exchange RNS released today explained no recruitment, pay freeze, no promotions. MPLs looking unlikely...

Pilot2/b
28th Feb 2020, 17:36
To help mitigate the impact from COVID-19 we will be focusing on delivering operational efficiency and cost savings across a number of areas of the business, including:

· Budget cuts in administrative areas and discretionary spend

· Recruitment, promotion and pay freezes across the network

· Postponement of non-critical project and capital expenditure

· Offering unpaid leave and halting non-mandatory training

· Working with third party suppliers to further reduce cost

· Aircraft reallocation for summer 2020 which will offer the highest revenue opportunities on market recovery.

dobby88
29th Feb 2020, 15:59
A lot of this could just be talk to appease investors for the time being. Gotta remember, it's two years from selection to line, so whoever they hire now, they're hiring for two years from now. By then, coronavirus will have been and gone. All the aircraft on order are still being delivered. These freezes are probably more targeted towards immediate, non TR cadets and the like, imo.

TheAviatorUK
1st Mar 2020, 16:46
On a side note - is there any reason why L3 are no longer providing the EasyJet MPL course and only CAE?

dobby88
2nd Mar 2020, 17:47
CAE is now the exclusive provider of training for the easyjet mpl scheme, that's why. Won't comment on possibly why this has happened, but if you browse the relevant threads, the reason will become very clear..

Richard Kenneth Reed
2nd Mar 2020, 18:25
EZY London Stock Exchange RNS released today explained no recruitment, pay freeze, no promotions. MPLs looking unlikely...
Went to the open day at the weekend. All MPL spaces are safe. No more tagged ATPL or modular students for the time being

Dct_Mopas
2nd Mar 2020, 21:23
I wouldn’t take that as absolutely correct. All MPL spaces are currently safe, sure. But that’s because at the moment no planned redundancies at EZY. If that changes over the coming months then nobody will be joining the airline at the end of training, can’t be completing the training of MPL’s on line training and laying off FO’s at the same time.

This was an open day, they wan’t your business so just be careful with plans etc.

giggitygiggity
2nd Mar 2020, 22:04
All MPL spaces are safe.

Are you sure?

2 weeks ago, the ATPL cadets were safe. Today, all of the planned easyjet command courses have been cancelled. This means that using the large current pool of MPL cadets will continue to pop out towards the line without new captains freeing up spaces. In addition to that, a lot of FOs leave easyjet for BA which new cadets replace, this will certainly be halted in the short term as they won't be moving over. They will need to maintain the balance and there is easily a year and a half of people in the training pipeline as it stands. I think to call anything safe right now is a severe over estimation. Be careful and have a plan is all I can suggest!

DrBrian
2nd Mar 2020, 22:50
I feel that I just can’t win.
Get through stage 2 , get offered Stage 3 - Cancelled after 6 months.
Get through another Stage 2 , get offered Stage 3 MPL interview - hiring freeze.

FFS. I might start selling some stock in companies then put in CVs to drive the share price down.

planesandthings
2nd Mar 2020, 23:25
Welcome to Aviation! Some people have been unlucky to be made redundant twice in 4 years thanks to Monarch and TCX!

DrBrian
2nd Mar 2020, 23:34
True. One can only plough on , it’s an 18 month course and by the time I’d have finished the economy has recovered and everyone is looking for a holiday.

Richard Kenneth Reed
3rd Mar 2020, 06:22
Nothing is certain of course and caution should always be exercised however over reacting isn't wise either. I quizzed representatives of EZY at the open day individually and in their group presentation as I have my stage 3 soon so need to know all the facts. The facts are that Easyjet are contractually obliged to train 200 cadets a year for the next 5 years. EZY felt this is safe because they currently forecast a need of 600 new pilots a year. The MPL are their 1st priority so they are relatively safe. Of course it should be mentioned that we don't know how severe the impact of COVID-19 will be so nothing is guaranteed but the way I see it if any airline is set up to weather hard times then it's EZY. The fact is this is an industry wide issue so what effects EZY effects BA and the rest.

dobby88
3rd Mar 2020, 08:51
Very good points made above. Just look at flybe who are still taking on MPLs despite being worse for wear. Also, to add to that, airlines like EZY are structured to take advantage of hard times to gain market share. I think that, barring a worst case scenario and deep recession, they plan to conduct business as usual for the short to medium term.

dirk85
3rd Mar 2020, 09:25
Business as usual my a**, people that had been prepared and assessed for 2 to 3 years are having their command courses cancelled with 1 week notice from the start, and you say mpl cadets that are not even in the company and have 2 years training in front of them are safe?
Get a grip, it would take them 1 split second to scrape all the cadets, and they wouldn’t waste a second sleep on it.
This is the business you are in, get used to it.

dobby88
3rd Mar 2020, 11:00
No need to get aggressive. This is just my opinion, my assessment of the situation and how I see the company strategy moving based on people I've spoken to. The cadet, FO and captain markets can move at different speeds. Might not be fair, but I'm ready to stand corrected as soon as I see more information. New captains command higher salaries, so it does make sense that's the first line of staff cost cuts, for the time being. No doubt it'll have an impact down the line as well. Also, cadets arent being hired for the current job market, but for the one in two years time. Wasn't so long ago when ryanair was caught with its pants down by insufficient staffing. Sorry if I'm being hopeful about a situation I have no control over. Maybe learn a bit about stoicism?

giggitygiggity
3rd Mar 2020, 21:27
You’re not thinking it through though. If captains are ‘culled’, they will be demoted to FOs as we’ve not taken any direct entry commands for at least 12 months. They won’t chop a captain from the airline without offering them a demotion first unless they agree to a redundancy. Not that I think its likely to happen but redundancies will be based on the order of which they signed a contract with easyJet.

To the other that said we were contracted with CAE to take X number of cadets every year etc... EasyJet wouldn’t be a FTSE100 company if they hadn’t signed they contract with ample break clauses. They’re not idiots! Presumably there is a fine or similar for breaking that contract, but they will certainly be options for them.

Meester proach
4th Mar 2020, 21:04
You are entering a terribly cyclical industry.

after 30 years flying and two redundancies, I wouldn’t bother again.

have a backup skill,and a plan B

dobby88
6th Mar 2020, 12:18
I have a very good plan B, as it happens, thank you very much.
Yes, coronavirus looks awful, but it's much less of a threat than brexit was and we've pulled through that fine. Even in a worst case scenario, coronavirus will no longer be a threat in two years once we have a vaccine.
We just have to wait and see how the markets move. The failure of flybe is just a sign of the airline market consolidating further - for which easy, wizz and ryanair are fully pushing for. Probably not great news for new hires and T&Cs but I'll carry on hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Buenas
6th Mar 2020, 13:14
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/650x650/candyheart_pink_96a04bb05e0d7944a2d7e46c12633db26135293d.jpg
a picture explains a 1000 words

dobby88
6th Mar 2020, 17:17
What were people like you saying in 2017 when I was last considering these schemes? I've now done the sensible thing, gotten a respected STEM degree from a top university. Please do go on and tell me what to do with your hindsight 20/20 vision.

It's very easy to be on your high horse when you're on the other side.

Also, FYI, the adage is "A picture is worth a thousand words".

PPRuNeUser0156
6th Mar 2020, 19:31
EasyJet are the biggest virtue signalling airline that preach about equality yet only take candidates whom have a distinct financial advantage and then ask them for more money upon completion of training for a type rating they have more than enough money to fund themselves.

The sooner people realise this and stop believing the marketing BS of the big schools that supply this airline their pilots the better.

These same schools who cannot possibly deliver quality training due to the sheer volumes they need to train to maintain their business model in unrealistic time scales.

The only way they can do this is by cutting corners in training and only using examiners they like to use for obvious reasons.

MPL’s are the above and worse. Your licence is worthless if the airline goes bust.

A MPL is a minimum 5 year risk. ( 2 years training + 3 years to 1500 hours) why would anybody with a modicum of common sense commit a 6 figure sum / their parents house to do this?

gbotley
7th Mar 2020, 20:14
It's very easy to be on your high horse when you're on the other side.

dobby88, I think in this case being on the other side it is more an appreciation of how little can phase an aspiring pilot. At this point in time with the current trends (Boeing 737 MAX / Coronavirus / Brexit / UK leaving EASA) I'm not sure I'd join any training program knowing what I know now about how the industry works. Furthermore, until more becomes clear I'd certainly think long and hard about right-to-work in the EU should you be a Brit. I think some challenging times are ahead for the UK industry specifically.

dobby88
8th Mar 2020, 01:35
That is very fair, I agree with you some people have blinkers when it comes to this career. What can one say? It do be like that sometimes

Banana Joe
8th Mar 2020, 09:29
I admire your optimism, but you have to realise Brexit has not really taken place yet and you have not pulled through anything yet.

covec
14th Mar 2020, 22:27
Agreed, Joe.

And Dobby - how do you feel about Covid now?

In the UK we’ve lost Monarch, Thomas & Flybe. There are thousands of native UK pilots looking for a way to pay that mortgage. We’ve pulled through nothing yet.

Buenas
14th Mar 2020, 22:37
Yeah but we are speaking from our high horse and they will need Dobbies cae MPL so badly in two years time. * sarcasme off*

dont waste 120 k you might need it to survive maybe one of the deepest recessions ever !!

dobby88
15th Mar 2020, 00:48
thanks for turning me into a lol cow. i'm doing fine mate, i have a back up skill & experience in two different recession-proof industries. sue me for trying to stay hopeful through this mess. thanks for saving the day pprune, i was literally about to transfer 120K out of my account into CAE, until i got these posts in my inbox

kendrick47247
15th Mar 2020, 11:52
People are giving you their informed opinion and all you can do is reject it with every response.

As someone said above, it seems nothing can dissuade an aspiring pilot.

You need to take stock and realise that besides people’s opinions on just how poor an MPL is in “good” times, it’s a complete crap shoot in the “bad”.

It seems we’re on the precipice of entering the worst times for a while; with so many qualified yet unemployed pilots in the markets, I can’t see any sense in contemplating starting training now.

Also, easyJet being committed to training 200 a year? Like the above poster said, force majeure will see to that.

You have a recession proof backup? Good! Stick to that and get your PPL if you’re desperate for “a mile of runway to take you anywhere”

DrBrian
15th Mar 2020, 13:31
What's the good alternative in the good times?
A modular ATPL with the chance of an interview at the end of it or something else?

dobby88
15th Mar 2020, 14:02
While I appreciate the concern, clearly most people on this thread are here to take the piss. If I wanted to be roasted, I'd rather go to my local comedy club's open mic night. Will any of you put your money where your mouth is by shorting the stocks of all the airlines about to go under?
​​​​​

kendrick47247
15th Mar 2020, 14:05
Will I look to profit from colleagues losing their jobs and potentially not be able to pay their mortgage?!

Cannot wait to have you in the industry 🤥

Buenas
15th Mar 2020, 14:07
Those who will survive will have a massive pool of experienced pilots when ... i say when they start hiring... and probably some outstanding mpl easy mpl cadets ..

are you even aware that even easy could go bust if this goes on ?

dobby88
15th Mar 2020, 14:32
Nothing unethical about shorting a stock, you're not screwing anyone over unless you're manipulating the price.

Easy could go bankrupt, so could the golden lady with a harp. And we'll all be thankful for your gate keeping services, keeping the MPLs out. I can just see the special commemorative liveries with quotes from pprune 😂

gbotley
15th Mar 2020, 17:52
i don’t think people are taking the piss, they’re passing on their experience of the sector. Also, as clever as your comparison is.. easy, ryanair and many large players could well be wiped off the face of the earth. Time is not a luxury for them, the longer this goes on. Ryanair are even rostering unpaid leave I think...

dobby88
15th Mar 2020, 18:29
Ryanair has already put people on unpaid leave, no question about it. Lots of people are looking at 2-6 month furloughs (depending on how long restrictions drag on). I am just not keen on getting back-handed, unsolicited advice from strangers who have no idea about my personal circumstances, or what I even plan to do! Am I going to be on a course by the end of 2020? 99.9%, no, unless a miracle recovery takes place.

I held a non-aviation job offer before this whole outbreak began (which I turned down at the time) and I'm just holding onto some hope that we'll see a recovery in the latter half of this year. I just saw no need for some of the rudeness on this thread.

Nineshsimbers
15th Mar 2020, 20:07
LCCs good to have them around and no doubt easyJet are likely to come through this strong unlike the likes of Norwegian Air. So easyJet should survive no? Making a good 12k profit on every cadet that joins them through TR costs?? Surely they have an edge

Anyway, I hope to god that everyone keeps their jobs and unpaid leave temporarily is the worst...

dirk85
3rd Sep 2020, 06:20
https://i.ibb.co/gFt4b5d/5449-FF10-8473-4-E84-B616-9-D0801-EAB659.jpg (https://ibb.co/vvLXC7h)

Banana Joe
3rd Sep 2020, 09:11
How long would it take and how much would it cost to convert to a standard frozen ATPL.

I've always thought that the MPL was going to be a bad thing for pilots, but I didn't think it would get this bad...

A320LGW
3rd Sep 2020, 11:12
The chickens have come home to roost, let's hope the guys affected can get sorted but as for the MPL crusaders and thieving flight school management teams of these large corporations masquerading as flight schools, well I hope this is the beginning of the end for them.

PPRuNeUser0156
3rd Sep 2020, 12:44
I really wish it was the end but with glossy marketing budgets and morally onerous airlines to get into bed with these ATOS will always have a demand for their brand of snake oil.

There will always be a naive child and disinterested parents who will barely scrutinise the 6 figure expenditure that these ATO’s demand.

The idea of an MPL isn’t a bad one but the way it has been executed only benefits the ATO, Airlines and CAA not the individual who needs to spend the £100k+ and actually receives the ‘licence’.

As far as I’m concerned this highlights that properly structured modular training is far far superior to an integrated course in almost every way.

Climb150
3rd Sep 2020, 14:21
Wasn't the MPL supposed to be cheaper and faster than traditional training? How did it become more expensive and sometimes longer?

Hawker400
3rd Sep 2020, 15:29
MPL only benefits the airline and ATO.

Cheaper for them to mass produce pilots through a sausage factory. Faster if they need the pilots in the seats.

More expensive? Look who's making the money.
Sometimes longer? Look who needs the pilots.

parkfell
3rd Sep 2020, 17:13
It is extremely unfortunate for those who had to self fund their training and then unable to complete with no MPL licence issue, notwithstanding that no jobs existed for the newly qualified pilot.
Declaring yourself bankrupt is one option I have heard of through a third party.

Only Aer Lingus cadets were fully funded by the airline, with a job provided the training was satisfactory.

Any future thought of offering this style of training will need careful safeguards as memories will be long.
There will however always be punters who will take the risk.....

KayPam
3rd Sep 2020, 22:33
Pilot is the only job that I know of that people want so much they are ready to pay 150k with no serious guarantee of a job. Despite that, the salary is still quite good after a few years.
Can you imagine what the salary would look like if the job did not carry any part of dream ?

It would at least be a positive salary.