PDA

View Full Version : Turkish A320 Take home pay and overall conditions

ChipmunkDive
17th Jun 2019, 12:32
Hi all.

Having just crossed the TT1500 hr mark, with around 700 h on the bus, I am contemplating joining Turkish Airlines as an FO A320. First things first, I currently fly for my country’s national carrier which is currently far from being great in terms of pay and benefits; and things only seem to be getting worse. That being said, I do not expect European-standard employee rights, which I believe is also the case at Turkish.

I myself experience last minute rostering changes all the time, discrimination in terms of the blue-eyed boys getting more flights, better routes etc..

I understand Turkish has the same kind of issues, where Turkish pilots are given preference over expats and so forth. If I decide to join Turkish, I will probably prefer to settle down in Turkey in the long run (relatives already there).

Based on the above, I would appreciate answers to the following:

1) the latest bare minimum take home pay (TL) I can expect without bonuses or extra sectors (A320 FO). I wasn’t able to find the latest figure so I cannot compare to my current pay.

2) any information you can give me regarding the working conditions based on my exposure as I mentioned above. Would I be able to fit in?

Please understand that I do not have very high expectations as is the case with European/American carriers.
thanks guys

tomuchwork
17th Jun 2019, 21:36
Well, compared to your current airline, which seems to based at the red planet I expect similar working conditions.

Real now - if we do NOT know in which country/airline you are right now it is hard to suggest something. Don't you agree?

Pay figures for turkish are all over the net or get it from one of the many recruiters that are hunting for pilots for Turkish. Captain pay is NOT great(converted to Euros - again, we do not know into which currency you would convert so, hey), I assume FO pay is even worse in relation.

You mention your family is already in Turkey(??), so it seems you have closer connections to that country. I assume, if you just stay down there, use you money mainly in Turkey it should be ok. Main issue with the TL is it's weakness against any other major currencies(€,$). If you would not need to convert or spend money in Europe/US then I guess you should be fine. Turkey is a cheap place(mainly).