PDA

View Full Version : AAIB Helicopter reports - UK

pilot_tolip
12th Jun 2019, 12:02
For the following 2 x helicopter reports in the UK, how would each incident/accident be summed up by all the AAIB reports in 1 simple paragraph? For example, if someone asked me down the pub, how would I answer them in simple clear terms (what happened, who was to blame, what went wrong):
1) Cessna 152, G-WACG & Guimbal Cabri G2, G-JAMM - High Wycombe.
2) Agusta AW169, G-VSKP - Leicester.

ShyTorque
12th Jun 2019, 12:08
Why not read the reports yourself? :confused:

The AAIB don't allocate blame - it's not their responsibility to do so.

212man
12th Jun 2019, 13:12
There isn’t a report published yet on the AW169 accident - just two special bulletins. As ST says, there isn’t blame apportioned.

tu154
12th Jun 2019, 16:47
Blame? That’s a bit old testament.

ApolloHeli
12th Jun 2019, 22:09
simple clear terms (what happened
Short, concise version; 1) Mid-air collision 2) Loss of tail rotor control (not pilot error - the control rod between pedals and TR failed).

md 600 driver
13th Jun 2019, 07:34
Why not read the reports yourself? :confused:

The AAIB don't allocate blame - it's not their responsibility to do so.

Shy No they don’t they Infer blame and use incorrect information they have collected from spurious sources
To come come to their findings ,I would not have faith in any report they ever publish

13th Jun 2019, 09:13
A very cynical response MD600 and not supported by any dealings I have ever had with them.

OvertHawk
14th Jun 2019, 08:08
A very cynical response MD600 and not supported by any dealings I have ever had with them.

I very much second what Crab says. In my experience AAIB are first rate, caring, conscientious professionals who take their role and their remit extremely seriously. Not to mention doing a difficult and often unpleasant job.

One has to question the origin and motivation behind such a bitter comment.

212man
14th Jun 2019, 10:25
Shy No they don’t they Infer blame and use incorrect information they have collected from spurious sources
To come come to their findings ,I would not have faith in any report they ever publish
Absolute tosh! They are one of the most professional and highly respected investigation agencies in the world. I personally know some of them an you could not find more conscientious and expert people anywhere.

ShyTorque
14th Jun 2019, 14:07
I very much agree with the more positive posts above, from #7 onwards.

Two's in
15th Jun 2019, 01:53

Utter tosh. Often in aviation accidents the truth is very unpalatable, but it doen't stop it being the truth.

Eddie Dean
15th Jun 2019, 04:37
Utter tosh. Often in aviation accidents the truth is very unpalatable, but it doen't stop it being the truth.And ain't that the truth of the matter.