PDA

View Full Version : Volga Dnepr AN124's in prohibited from Operations order!

VP8
11th Jun 2019, 11:17
Ukraine Courts have issued arrest Warrants for 5 of Volga Dnepr AN124's!

Russian Airlines Are Prohibited from Operation of Ruslan Aircraft « Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm (http://attorneys.ua/en/news/russian-airlines-are-prohibited-from-operation-of-ruslan-aircraft/?fbclid=IwAR1IL0Zf-oYebMJjFOdiXzEDgld1d5n4MagVx7rHN5SxqZzxFqogrpU5JMU)

atakacs
11th Jun 2019, 20:43
Can you actually arrest an aircraft in Ukrainian law!?

As much as I understand the motivations of both sides of the dispute it is regrettable that this could not be resolved in a more mature and responsible way. Not a good day for civil aviation IMHO.

barry lloyd
12th Jun 2019, 14:46
Probably more to do with politics than anything else. There is a lot of unreported trouble in Eastern Ukraine at the moment.

STN Ramp Rat
12th Jun 2019, 16:46
looking at them on FR24 it seems two of them are still flying but the others are not.

atakacs
12th Jun 2019, 19:35
looking at them on FR24 it seems two of them are still flying but the others are not.
I'd say that some are probably not airworthy (irrespective of the legal issues). Working engines in particular are on short supply...

N707ZS
6th Jul 2019, 05:54
This might explain the one that was hanging around at Alicante.

lotus1
7th Jul 2019, 09:28
The one at Alicante was there for number of days it departed to Sweden neutral country like in the old Second World War films?

CargoOne
7th Jul 2019, 21:48
I believe Volga Dnepr have done some life extension exercise which is legally a TC holder privilege to sign off, but obviously it was done due to political issues where Antonov Bureau said no. Legally it is a challenging situation as Antonov is a TC holder and can declare any unit unserviceable despite all works were done - here we looking into sonething similar to Iranian and Syrian Boeing & Airbus units...

atakacs
8th Jul 2019, 06:59
This is indeed quite messy.

My understanding is that the Ukrainian need some Russian made equipments (I understand it was / is especially true for the 225) and similarly the Russian are in need of Ukrainian parts (especially true for the engines I believe).

I would hope cooler heads will prevail but not too optimistic 🤔

STN Ramp Rat
8th Jul 2019, 19:56
looking at the five frames concerned

RA-82068 arrived in Perm on 14th November 2018.
RA-82045 is in Leipzig and has not flown since 13th January 2019.
RA-82046 was flying in defiance of the order but has not flown since it arrived in Johor Bahru on the 13th June.
RA-82078 was flying in defiance of the order but has not flown since it arrived in Huntsville on 26th June.
RA-82077 was flying in defiance of the order but has not flown since it arrived in Houston on the 29th June.

ve3id
8th Jul 2019, 20:51
Can you actually arrest an aircraft in Ukrainian law!?

As much as I understand the motivations of both sides of the dispute it is regrettable that this could not be resolved in a more mature and responsible way. Not a good day for civil aviation IMHO.
My sister used to go and arrest ships, I would imagine it wold be a similar thing.

aloominumtoob
14th Jul 2019, 08:08
Yes, it can be done. I was on a 124 that was arrested, ("seized"), in Brussels due to a dispute between a Cypriot company and the UA Government. It was held for quite some time. Even though Antonov Airlines was/is a separate commercial company, ADB, the parent organisation, was a Government entity, therefore the aeroplanes were Government property and fair game for seizure. it had happened to an aeroplane at Goose Bay previously.
alt.

Barry Seal
3rd Aug 2019, 02:11
Whats the latest are they flying again...

compressor stall
3rd Aug 2019, 03:36
Just got wind of this - looks like it might be more complicated than just ADs.

Does it relate to the North Pole spat in April?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/13/north-pole-exploration-season-cancelled-russia-ukraine-conflict/

STN Ramp Rat
11th Aug 2019, 20:31
it seems that three of them are flying again, indeed and RA82078 is apparently in Prestwick today. has the spat been sorted?

atakacs
11th Aug 2019, 20:35
Bit of thread drift but I understand that one an124 was destroyed by rpg fire in Libya a few days ago?

The AvgasDinosaur
11th Aug 2019, 20:41
Bit of thread drift but I understand that one an124 was destroyed by rpg fire in Libya a few days ago?
GNA?s four-engined cargo aircraft destroyed! ? IWN (http://www.english.iswnews.com/6140/gnas-four-engined-cargo-aircraft-destroyed/)
A few basic details here but not apparently a Volga Dnepr aircraft.
Hope it helps
David

atakacs
12th Aug 2019, 06:03
It was one of the two purchased by Libya.
The other one is currently in Ukraine and apparently refurbished into fly worthy status.

norwizz
12th Aug 2019, 08:01
RA82042 was in Stavanger this weekend, went back to DME yesterday.