PDA

View Full Version : PIA Manchester "Should have gone to Specsavers"

N707ZS
10th Jun 2019, 13:34
Lady passenger mistook exit door for toilet door.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/woman-accidentally-opens-plane-emergency-exit-instead-of-toilet/ar-AACEAtf?ocid=spartanntp

USERNAME_
10th Jun 2019, 15:00
https://i2.wp.com/thepointsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/DSC00858-830x550.jpg?fit=2048%2C2048px&ssl=1

Fair one - Easy mistake to make, looks like a toilet door.

MurphyWasRight
10th Jun 2019, 15:13
Fair one - Easy mistake to make, looks like a toilet door.

To be fair the article did state that the exit was adjacent to the rear lavatory, even so....

The article also states that there are normally crew around, of course they might have that wrong.

I would hazard a guess that "alcohol may have been involved".

CYTN
10th Jun 2019, 16:17
Saw one of the cabin crew do that on a Ryan Air 737 at Prestwick . Opened the door forgot to de latch the mechanisim at the bottom of the door and hey presto slide started to inflate . Then tries to shutdoor whilst slide inflating . Mad

GLAEDI
10th Jun 2019, 17:14
To be fair the article did state that the exit was adjacent to the rear lavatory, even so....

The article also states that there are normally crew around, of course they might have that wrong.

I would hazard a guess that "alcohol may have been involved".

It was a PIA flight, so I would suggest alcohol may not have been a factor but more likely an elderly visiting relatives or someone whom flying isn’t an everyday thing. Lots of family from Pakistan where they still live without most modern day appliances, visiting UK based family. They don’t get instructions and are really easily confused.

ShyTorque
10th Jun 2019, 19:50
Mistaken operation of a door happened to me some years ago. My passengers were told not to touch the doors and wait till I shut down (it was a helicopter) before unstrapping or trying to get out. As the rotors stopped I began to unstrap myself - there was a clunk and clatter as the senior passenger (a Lord Mayor) jettisoned the rear door!

bill fly
10th Jun 2019, 20:01
Possibly a pee-er wanted to get from the PIA onto the pier... I'll get me hat

MurphyWasRight
10th Jun 2019, 22:34
It was a PIA flight, so I would suggest alcohol may not have been a factor but more likely an elderly visiting relatives or someone whom flying isn’t an everyday thing. Lots of family from Pakistan where they still live without most modern day appliances, visiting UK based family. They don’t get instructions and are really easily confused.
Good point on alcohol, that is just my default thought whenever I read a headline about something inexplicable, often supported in the article.

In the picture at least the handle does look a bit like a handicapped accessible accommodation of some sort so that may also have have been a factor.

Twiglet1
11th Jun 2019, 10:57
Daily Mail on line mentioned a Boeing 737-340 and only 37 passengers. Worrying lack of fact checking

Airclues
11th Jun 2019, 14:42
Daily Mail on line mentioned a Boeing 737-340 and only 37 passengers.

They nearly got it right. It was a Boeing 777-340 so only one number wrong there. They did offload 37 passengers to get the total pax load within limits for departing with one door blocked off (correct number but wrong context). Not too bad for the DM.

Officer Kite
12th Jun 2019, 02:28
They nearly got it right. It was a Boeing 777-340 so only one number wrong there. They did offload 37 passengers to get the total pax load within limits for departing with one door blocked off (correct number but wrong context). Not too bad for the DM.

I should expect the guilty party willfully offered themselves to be one of the 37