PDA

View Full Version : BCN T1 to T2

chrissw
9th Jun 2019, 21:17
Later this year we're flying to Barcelona, arriving at Terminal 1, where we will pick up a rental car. We then need to pick someone up from Terminal 2, who arrives about an hour after us. So far, no problem, since we assume we can drive the car from T1 following our arrival.

However, about a week later, we will all be leaving BCN from Terminal 2. If we can return the car to T2, then all well and good. However, if they insist on it being returned to T1, then we may have a problem.

So the question I have is: does anyone know if the major car rental companies would allow a car picked up from T1 to be returned to T2; and if necessary, can we get some kind of inter-terminal transfer if we need it?

All information gratefully received!

Hotel Tango
9th Jun 2019, 23:37
The simple reply is contact the rental car company. Probably by e-mail is best.

PAXboy
10th Jun 2019, 00:53
In my experience, airports tend to have a single place for all return hire cars for all companies. Then there are walk ways or mini buses to take you to the terminal.

xanda_man
10th Jun 2019, 07:48
Been through BCN a few times and rented a car each time, which company is it? (if you don't mine me asking, as I may have some experience with them).

esa-aardvark
10th Jun 2019, 07:58
Rented and returned to Barcelona a few times. No problems getting to/from
the rental point for the major companies. Main problem I had was in looking
out for the correct turn off for rental return quite near the busy airport. Several lanes of
fast traffic and signs not obvious.

Hotel Tango
10th Jun 2019, 10:57
Google is your friend!

https://drivespain.com/returning-car-hire-barcelona-airport-t1/#/searchcars

Basically, you catch the free terminal transfer bus from whichever terminal you had to drop your car off from.

chrissw
11th Jun 2019, 06:33
Been through BCN a few times and rented a car each time, which company is it? (if you don't mine me asking, as I may have some experience with them).

The company is Alamo.

chrissw
11th Jun 2019, 06:36
Thanks to everyone for the helpful answers. It doesn't look like we'll have much of a problem.