PDA

View Full Version : Military movements over Turkish Mediterranean coast

mattjwood
6th Jun 2019, 13:57
Anyone know why there’s so much air activity currently? The jets are too high to see visually but the sounds appear to be very frequent.

Anything to do with the ongoing situation at the Syrian border?

pr00ne
6th Jun 2019, 14:13
Do you seriously expect a reply from anyone in the know?

etudiant
6th Jun 2019, 19:04
Perhaps not, but this seems surely one of the better avenues for information.
Otherwise, it's only Pravda and Xinhua that still report actual news.

gijoe
6th Jun 2019, 19:45
Big ex. Quite widely announced.

wiggy
6th Jun 2019, 20:39
Must be something to do with those daily Air Displays that have been embedded in Turkish Enroute airspace NOTAMS for the last few years...:bored:

mattjwood
7th Jun 2019, 06:35
Do you seriously expect a reply from anyone in the know?

Whilst I don’t expect top secret information being disclosed on here, I thought there may be someone who has a rough idea of what’s going on in the skies over Turkey.

gijoe
7th Jun 2019, 18:20
Big ex. Quite widely announced.

See above.

ExRAFRadar
8th Jun 2019, 05:31
Really surprised at the lack of 'BEADWINDOW' posts lately when someone posts about sensitive things.
Is BEADWINDOW now gone and forgotten?
Ah well I suppose it was past it's sell by date, not F-35 enough I guess
:)

camelspyyder
8th Jun 2019, 09:08
Really surprised at the lack of 'BEADWINDOW' posts lately when someone posts about sensitive things.

Not to worry. The OP is in Turkey, posting questions online about Turkish National Security. He's likely been dragged off in a black Karsan van by now. :)

Chris Kebab
8th Jun 2019, 09:17
I think the answer to that is "yes" - one of those Cold War Warrior terms that seemed to die with the advent of the Internet.

Easy Street
9th Jun 2019, 10:05
Cold War warriors should recall that BEADWINDOW was used to notify that protected information had been passed, and was not a term of warning. As I can’t see any EEFIs in this thread, there would appear to be no reason for it to have been called.

Anyway, modern wide-band buffering and voice recognition technology make this fixed code word a security risk in itself... simply listen out for ‘beadwindow’ and rewind a few seconds to find the juicy nugget of information without any need for hours of analysis.