PDA

View Full Version : Pan-am throw in the towel

Bluebaron
2nd Aug 2001, 21:09
well news hot of the press is that Pan-am are ceasing JAA training at Fort Pierce Florida form December 31st 2001.

A real shame really as they have put in lots of investment in the program, but the main reasons seem to be the lack of availible JAA instructors in the USA coupled with the JAA NPA (notice of pre-posed ammendment) disallowing training out of a JAR member state for all members except the UK who have decided to opt out. They believe the UK will be forced to sign the agreement hence ending all JAA training out of a member state. Although this is un-likly the risk is considered to much of a finantial risk.

oh dear, the grammer police are about! sorry throw!

[ 03 August 2001: Message edited by: Bluebaron ]

scroggs
2nd Aug 2001, 23:58
Interesting; have you any source material for any of this? It would be worth following up for Pprune.

presbycusis
3rd Aug 2001, 07:12
Please don't forget, this is a RUMOUR network. NPA 14 has been discussed and a result is known amongst those who are really interested.

Anyway - "Through in the towel'?
Where does your English come from? Where I come from it would be "Threw in the towel"!!! Pleeaasssse!!

Token Bird
3rd Aug 2001, 13:16
"Pan Am throw in the towel" would make more sense as a headline,

LOL TB (grammar police)

Bluebaron
3rd Aug 2001, 17:38
well this is direct from mike gill - head of Training and Chuck Glass - VP career pilot training.

Manflex55
3rd Aug 2001, 18:13
Not a big surprise when U know that the Fort Pierce facility actually succeeded to a crapo Vero Beach outfit called AirSafety, itself the result of another crapo Vero Beach outfit's bankrupt : ProFlite. 3 different names in less than 4 years... tells a lot.

In 1998, the CAA Chief Pilot @ FlightSafety, Trevor Brackston (nice guy by the way, I still don't know how he got involved in this) was "hired" (a lot has been said about this transfer) to start a CAA training in AirSafety. Didn't work, & I can name @ least 5 Brits to whom AirSafety still owes money. Then PanAm came in & said "ok, let's move to Fort Pierce". The fact is AirSafety couldn't afford to stay @ Vero because of high a/p hangar fees (& the lack of students).

Now U say they've decided to stop because of the lack of JAA instructors... another good excuse, probably. To those who still intend to go there : be very careful !! I wouldn't give PanAm a single penny. Some other good schools to choose from in FL.

MF

Bluebaron
3rd Aug 2001, 20:10
i got in early on this with an accurate account before the inaccurate rumours started to take hold.

If any-one wants to e-mail me personally feel free.

wysiwyg
3rd Aug 2001, 21:11
C'mon chaps, don't shoot the messenger here.

VFE
4th Aug 2001, 17:34
It is a shame that, due to the PanAm situation, PAT down at Bournemouth have difficulties fullfilling their 'Elite' programme. They are good people down there and it seems unfair.

VFE.

Eno
5th Aug 2001, 05:34
Wonder whats going to happen with the 3 year contract they signed with KLM to train their cadets?

Eno

FAAJAA
5th Aug 2001, 21:12
KLM stays put. The approvals from the CAA were for modular training, the KLM program has separate approval from the NLA (Dutch CAA) for integrated training.

Harvey SM
6th Aug 2001, 23:34
No doubt, EFT will be cashing in on this!