PDA

View Full Version : Rex

Frightflyer
4th Jun 2019, 12:41
Does anyone have a idea of when the next ground school is or how long the hold file is. Sorry if question has been asked before.

Ladloy
5th Jun 2019, 02:47
Funny that Rex related stuff always gets moved to GA?

Flydawg
5th Jun 2019, 03:30
Interesting to see how the hold times compare with other operators.

AmarokGTI
5th Jun 2019, 03:50
Does anyone have a idea of when the next ground school is or how long the hold file is. Sorry if question has been asked before.

Pretty much back to back ground schools, so approx every 6 weeks. Been that way since about late 2016.

Hsveight
5th Jun 2019, 13:27
Wow, every 6 weeks they take on another set of cadets. So how hard is it to become a Rex cadet. I’m so keen to join up but have been holding off because I only got 82 in my HSC 10 years ago and thought I’d just be glossed over

pilotchute
5th Jun 2019, 15:26
There isnt a minimum Yr12 result listed in the requirements so why havent you applied?

Its not like trying to get into Melbourne Uni law.

Ladloy
5th Jun 2019, 19:26
Wow, every 6 weeks they take on another set of cadets. So how hard is it to become a Rex cadet. I’m so keen to join up but have been holding off because I only got 82 in my HSC 10 years ago and thought I’d just be glossed over
There's a cadetship every 8-12 months but a Saab ground school every 6 weeks of direct entry or cadets

Hsveight
6th Jun 2019, 08:41
Ah that makes more sense. Thanks mate

Defenestrator
7th Jun 2019, 02:20
What’s it cost?

Hsveight
7th Jun 2019, 02:29
About $105k for the course but some of that is waived if you stay with the company for 7 years. $25k upfront.

Slippery_Pete
7th Jun 2019, 10:19
If you get an interview, definitely ask the interview panel if you can stay at the Mercure in Wagga.

Ladloy
8th Jun 2019, 00:06
About $105k for the course but some of that is waived if you stay with the company for 7 years. $25k upfront.
In terms of wage, FO salary is roughly 55k but I know some FOs making upwards of 120k due to overtime.
Command in 4-5 years, captains salary is 100-110k with captains averaging 160-200k due to overtime.

Hsveight
9th Jun 2019, 12:20
In terms of wage, FO salary is roughly 55k but I know some FOs making upwards of 120k due to overtime.
Command in 4-5 years, captains salary is 100-110k with captains averaging 160-200k due to overtime. thanks mate. I just can’t imagine that being true though. Are they pulling like 80 hour weeks to more than double the base salary?

KRUSTY 34
9th Jun 2019, 19:32
thanks mate. I just can’t imagine that being true though. Are they pulling like 80 hour weeks to more than double the base salary?

Yes definite exaggeration!

There is plenty of overtime on offer, but predominantly for Captains. Overtime earnings can be as high as 50% of base salary over the year. Not bad coin for Regional work, but you do have to sacrifice lifestyle.

KRUSTY 34
9th Jun 2019, 19:36
If you get an interview, definitely ask the interview panel if you can stay at the Mercure in Wagga.

You crack me up Pete!

xaos03
19th Jun 2019, 01:03
Anyone been on the hold file any longer then 4+ months? More so has anyone been on the hold file and not ended up with a job?
I have heard they’ve been back logged with training but to what extent I’m unsure.

Hamley
21st Jun 2019, 14:13
Funny that Rex related stuff always gets moved to GA?

haha yeah I've noticed this too I find it very funny

tail wheel
21st Jun 2019, 20:31
Ladloy

"Funny that Rex related stuff always gets moved to GA?"

"The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions" as distinct from "Airline and RPT Rumours & News".

Which part of the word "Questions" do you struggle with?

Qantas, Virgin et al questions about employment, cadet training etc also end up in this forum. To "clear the air", not one of the Dunnunda Mods works for a major airline or has any bias toward any particular airline. I moved this thread, have been a PPRuNe Mod for around 20 years, never worked for Qantas, Virgin, Ansett, TAA or any of their subsidiaries, nor have I ever wanted to.

"Airline and RPT Rumours & News" is reserved for airline and heavy air transport news and rumours of reasonable veracity. Most other matters, including training and employment questions end up in this forum, as it has always been.........