PDA

View Full Version : Which airlines use the 737NG?

BigFrank
3rd Jun 2019, 10:33
As the reliability of the 737-MAX is unlikely to be a problem for passengers over the next 10 days whilst the necessary fix is put in place, elementary logic dictates that the above question requires an immediate response.

The only list I could find online was dated 18 years ago.

Any updates?

bravoromeosierra
3rd Jun 2019, 11:25
https://www.airfleets.net/listing/b737ng-1.htm

I heard Ryanair have a few.

3rd Jun 2019, 11:29
The list of operators is readily available on wikipedia and will be largely accurate despite general concerns over the data on that site. A few errors where onward sales haven't been recorded etc.

However, it seems to only impact 133 of the nearly seven thousand 737NGs in service, so it's not going to do much to help identify which operators are impacted.

BigFrank
3rd Jun 2019, 11:43
However, it seems to only impact 133 of the nearly seven thousand 737NGs in service, so it's not going to do much to help identify which operators are impacted.

Thank you for this useful information

Though obviously my question in the OP now becomes:

"Which airlines use the 133 NGs subject to modification"?

gilesdavies
3rd Jun 2019, 13:08
Main ones that spring to mind, that might effect UK travellers are Jet2, TUI, Blue Air, Ryanair, SAS, Turkish, Ukrainian, KLM, Norwegian, Sun Express, Pegasus, El-Al, Air Europa, LOT...

I could go on, but thats enough!

BigFrank
3rd Jun 2019, 14:46
Many thanks.

How do you reach that conclusion?

Is it the case:

"All 737NG manufactured between XX-XX-XXXX and YY-YY-YYYY?"

DaveReidUK
3rd Jun 2019, 15:18
Many thanks.

How do you reach that conclusion?

Is it the case:

"All 737NG manufactured between XX-XX-XXXX and YY-YY-YYYY?"

It may well be.

But bear in mind that 133 aircraft represents only about 3 months' worth of production. And as a proportion of the over 6,000 NGs currently active, it's a drop in the ocean.

BigFrank
3rd Jun 2019, 21:29
"...it's a drop in the ocean" viz 133/ 6 000+

It is always dangerous to ascribe motivation which is not wholly in evidence...but here goes:

If, and I stress, only if the intention of the latter implied statistic (which I calculate as very very roughly 2% probability) of travelling over the next 10 days on a 737NG which is in the to-be-repaired class is to console, then let me, pace Harold Wilson discussing unemployment statistics in the early 1970s, offer an alternative interpretation to the effect that "if you happen to travel on one of the 133 ever so vaguely-identified airframes, then the statistic is in fact 100% ! "

racedo
4th Jun 2019, 12:48

It is always dangerous to ascribe motivation which is not wholly in evidence...but here goes:

If, and I stress, only if the intention of the latter implied statistic (which I calculate as very very roughly 2% probability) of travelling over the next 10 days on a 737NG which is in the to-be-repaired class is to console, then let me, pace Harold Wilson discussing unemployment statistics in the early 1970s, offer an alternative interpretation to the effect that "if you happen to travel on one of the 133 ever so vaguely-identified airframes, then the statistic is in fact 100% ! "

Nope

If the aircraft were flying with defective parts last week before the announcement then how are they more dangerous now that parts have been identified as been defective ?

BigFrank
4th Jun 2019, 21:04
(i)Nope

(ii) If the aircraft were flying with defective parts last week before the announcement then how are they more dangerous now that parts have been identified as been defective ?

(i) Wrong

(ii) A novel observation. Showing great faith in the power of the aircraft industry to defy the law of gravity. But unrelated to my previous, accurate statistic. And so not requiring any answer from me.

DaveReidUK
4th Jun 2019, 23:25

If, and I stress, only if the intention of the latter implied statistic (which I calculate as very very roughly 2% probability) of travelling over the next 10 days on a 737NG which is in the to-be-repaired class is to console

Rest assured, it was simply a statement of fact.

No intention to console, for all I know you might be inconsolable. :O