PDA

View Full Version : CASA supports industry

glenb
30th May 2019, 09:21
I was chatting to a friend the other day and I was complaining about dealing with CASA, and that reminded me of a recent statement that CASA released, I just checked it again and it was actually Graeme Crawford's release as Mr Carmody was away. it matters little who wrote it I guess.

Anyway, I suggested to my friend that in fact most of industry would be somewhat amused by the assertions made. I may be alone, but was just wondering what your thoughts are. Keen to show my friend what the industry is really like. Thanks for the input. If you have seen my other thread, you may not be surprised, that I spat my coffee out when that email came in,Appendix O CASA Release (Support for Industry)https://www.casa.gov.au/publications-and-resources/publication/casa-briefing-july-2018

CASA RELEASE- JULY 2018Minister requires CASA to look at costs CASA is required to consider economic and cost impacts on individuals, businesses and the community in its regulatory approach.

That was a key message delivered by Deputy Prime Minister and Infrastructure and Transport Minister, Michael McCormack, to the general aviation summit in Wagga in July 2018.

Mr McCormack said CASA was also required to take a pragmatic and proportionate approach to regulation as it applies to different aviation sectors. He said these requirements were contained in the Government’s Statement of Expectations issued to the CASA Board in March 2017. “

These are not just words,” Mr McCormack said. “The statement of expectations is a legislative instrument and I expect the Board of CASA to ensure its requirements are met.

I can also assure you that I will work in partnership with our aviation agencies and industry in tackling the challenges and opportunities for the general aviation sector, identified in the Government commissioned Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE) study released late last year……………..I am keen to hear from you on the key issues you want tackled by Government and industry that relate to general aviation operations in Australia.”

From acting CEO and Director of Aviation Safety, Graeme Crawford

Recent debate about safety regulation and the general aviation sector has focused on the need for a sustainable and viable aviation industry. Implicit in this debate is the suggestion by some people that CASA does not support a sustainable and viable general aviation sector.

I would like to assure everyone this is simply not true. There is no CASA agenda against general aviation and we regard the sector as a vital component of the national aviation community. Many of CASA’s staff are participants in general aviation, or started their careers in the sector, and have a practical understanding of the issues and challenges the sector faces.

CASA can’t deliver solutions to the broader economic and social changes that are affecting parts of general aviation, but we can and will do our best to provide an appropriate safety regulatory framework that creates confidence in general aviation across the broader community……….. CASA is focused on regulatory solutions that are both practical, proportionate and address aviation safety risk………CASA will continue to develop regulatory solutions that consider risk appetite and safety consequences….”

Best wishes, Graeme Crawford
(Shane Carmody is on leave)

OZBUSDRIVER
31st May 2019, 08:09
Risk Appetite and Safety Consequences ? well...there's your problem. CASA believes that GA WANTS to take risks in order to make a profit. CASA must legislate to ensure there are consequences! Risk fits in so nicely with a criminal mentality that CASA thinks is inherent within the GA pilot community.