PDA

View Full Version : CX105 Diverts to Darwin

krismiler
24th May 2019, 11:36
https://www.9news.com.au/national/cathay-pacific-airbus-makes-unscheduled-landing-in-darwin/9cdfd310-c552-4c42-a4bd-ebeaf2d9a487

SASD209
25th May 2019, 02:13
Cool story, bro

Brown Nose
26th May 2019, 13:33
https://www.9news.com.au/national/cathay-pacific-airbus-makes-unscheduled-landing-in-darwin/9cdfd310-c552-4c42-a4bd-ebeaf2d9a487

who f@#king cares

MENELAUS
26th May 2019, 14:30
who f@#king cares

Ferzackerly

cxorcist
26th May 2019, 15:05
who f@#king cares

The two posters up top and those on the flight. That’s about it. Landing in Darwin with a sick engine isn’t quite like dropping into Shemya with the same and strong crosswinds / low ceilings. Was there a solo, Ozzie cloud in the sky? If so, I hope the crew logged their precious instrument time.

Steve the Pirate
26th May 2019, 16:12
The two posters up top and those on the flight. That’s about it. Landing in Darwin with a sick engine isn’t quite like dropping into Shemya with the same and strong crosswinds / low ceilings. Was there a solo, Ozzie cloud in the sky? If so, I hope the crew logged their precious instrument time.

With respect @cxorcist, what's your point?

STP

cxorcist
26th May 2019, 17:22
With respect @cxorcist, what's your point?

STP

Some pilots like to make a big deal out of things that aren’t, like Ozzies flying imc or A50 computer science majors diverting into Darwin. My apologies if it seems a bit a cheap shot. Perhaps it’s simply my rejection of the ever present, Space Shuttle mentality at CX.

Steve the Pirate
26th May 2019, 23:47
Some pilots like to make a big deal out of things that aren’t...

And many pilots don't make a big deal over things that are. My impression was the the OP posted the link for information rather than praising the pilots for what any other crew would have been required to do in similar circumstances. No opinion, no hyperbole, just a news report about a diversion; whether it was newsworthy or not is moot. Be that as it may, I certainly don't think it should be reason for bashing your Ozzie colleagues or 'A50 computer science majors' but then again, we often have differing opinions.

STP

Global Aviator
27th May 2019, 01:56
Speaking of the space shuttle wasn’t Darwin one of the alternate landing sites available?

spleener
27th May 2019, 02:21
And many pilots don't make a big deal over things that are. My impression was the the OP posted the link for information rather than praising the pilots for what any other crew would have been required to do in similar circumstances. No opinion, no hyperbole, just a news report about a diversion; whether it was newsworthy or not is moot. Be that as it may, I certainly don't think it should be reason for bashing your Ozzie colleagues or 'A50 computer science majors' but then again, we often have differing opinions.

STP
Think I'm with Steve on this Cxorcist. Normally I side with your views, but this time it comes across as soapboxing a personal agenda. Breathe.
Yes, sounds like a non-event and it is a nice time of year to visit Darwin, ..... but it is not always like that: Not many places have a Nat Geo studied Thunderstorm with a pet name and its own Wikipedia. Might be a bit of crosswind during cyclone season as well. Shemya wins for ice 'n' snow though!

Cafe City
27th May 2019, 02:24
Anyway....Fuel leak not engine issue.

cxorcist
27th May 2019, 02:41
Sometimes more is more, sometimes less is more. Experience properly learned tells a good pilot the difference. CX often acts as if more is always more, although in fairness this has been slowly changing.

spannersatcx
27th May 2019, 11:11
Anyway....Fuel leak not engine issue.

Fuel leak from the engine, sounds like an engine issue!

krismiler
28th May 2019, 06:44
I simply posted the link for information purposes so CX Pilots could read a news story concerning an event which occurred at the airline. An en-route landing due technical is required to be reported to the authority and could be worth discussion here as we might learn something from it. A diversion due to a thunderstorm at the destination airport is a routine everyday event and would be of far less interest.

Some people need to get a life.

ACMS
28th May 2019, 08:21
There has been a tech email about it already.

Well handled, as it should be......

A/C back in service now.

MENELAUS
28th May 2019, 10:56
I simply posted the link for information purposes so CX Pilots could read a news story concerning an event which occurred at the airline. An en-route landing due technical is required to be reported to the authority and could be worth discussion here as we might learn something from it. A diversion due to a thunderstorm at the destination airport is a routine everyday event and would be of far less interest.

Some people need to get a life.

As do you.

AllWobbly
28th May 2019, 13:52
Its really simple be it Russia, Australia, wherever, you land where you have to. Where is really the roll of the dice. Either way both crews did well. It’s not a contest.
The end result is why I put my family on CX.

oriental flyer
29th May 2019, 15:18
Geez guys give Krismiler a break all he did was post some info on a CX inflight diversion, no additional personal comments added and you all become antagonistic towards him

HKJunkie
29th May 2019, 19:36
Well said flyer!

Cafe City
7th Aug 2019, 03:44
Another 350 into DRW yesterday. 104 this time. Somebody got a bit on the side in DRW??

ACMS
7th Aug 2019, 06:59
Medical...........