PDA

View Full Version : Some Airlines in China start claiming from boeing

flysmiless
23rd May 2019, 03:29
I think once Boeing confirmed the issue of 737MAX, some airlines in china claiming compensation for grounding 737MAX and also for delivery delays,,

what if all the airlines who has 737MAX does the same?
It could adversely affect the industry..

CurtainTwitcher
23rd May 2019, 04:44
I think once Boeing confirmed the issue of 737MAX, some airlines in china claiming compensation for grounding 737MAX and also for delivery delays,,

It could adversely affect the industry..
The US breaks Huawei: IF HUAWEI LOSES ARM'S CHIP DESIGNS, IT'S TOAST (https://www.wired.com/story/huawei-loses-arm-chip-design/), China breaks Boeing. Welcome to the trade war going hot.

Groundloop
23rd May 2019, 08:23

ALL airlines will expect compensation from Boeing.

krismiler
25th May 2019, 22:05
If Huawei can't use Google then the B737Max won't be allowed to fly in Chinese airspace due to "safety concerns" even if all the other regulators agree to Boeing's fix.

FlightDetent
26th May 2019, 07:24
krismiler, I think a smart chess player would not use that piece for this particular move
- huawei knows how to not use Google, since they are not allowed to do that back home anyway
- Chinese airlines need the aircraft

OTOH, having a surprise discovery of patent infringement in ARM processors necessitating a ban of use in PRC - I'd be adding popcorn to my shopping list. Not aviation related though.

groundbum
26th May 2019, 11:34
OTOH, having a surprise discovery of patent infringement in ARM processors necessitating a ban of use in PRC - I'd be adding popcorn to my shopping list. Not aviation related though.

it'd be time to find out if the chips have a kill switch in them somewhere..

G

sansmoteur
26th May 2019, 12:44
The “Google” in question with Huawei is not search, it is a core part of the Android phone operating system, which is essential and is used worldwide including China.

infrequentflyer789
26th May 2019, 16:31
The “Google” in question with Huawei is not search, it is a core part of the Android phone operating system, which is essential and is used worldwide including China.

Heading way OT, but... no it is not core operating system and not essential. The problem is not really Android itself but the Google apps and services. These are irrelevant in China because they are pretty much all blocked anyway, in China they use WeChat to do almost everything instead and they also have own their app stores, as Google Play is blocked too. The problem is that outside China most people use the Google apps and services, partly because they are installed by default on every Android device.

Popcorn time if Huawei uses this to try and push Chinese App stores, apps and services out to the western world - they might just have the market share to make it work. Be more than a little ironic if an attempt to block Chinese tech due to alleged backdoors leads to a large chunk of the western smartphone market switching to use app stores and services in China.

Redlands
26th May 2019, 16:57
Will the MAX return with a hefty insurance hike?

flysmiless
27th May 2019, 04:54
So altogether there about 482 737's (figures are not accurate though)..

Air China - 143
China Southern - 213
China Eastern - 126

So this gives a huge impact to Boeing as well as to airlines in china,,
Just image if they are to replace those aircraft,,

AviatorDave
27th May 2019, 05:07
Popcorn time if Huawei uses this to try and push Chinese App stores, apps and services out to the western world - they might just have the market share to make it work. Be more than a little ironic if an attempt to block Chinese tech due to alleged backdoors leads to a large chunk of the western smartphone market switching to use app stores and services in China.

With China‘s reputation of hacking, spying, back doors, kill switches, censorship and more, it‘s hard to believe that anyone outside China would accept a Chinese appstore or any other Chinese software ecosystem.
Not that the oh-so-free-and-democratic western world would not do all the evil stuff China is blamed for, but that‘s what is in the mind of the public.

Dee Vee
27th May 2019, 06:54
With China‘s reputation of hacking, spying, back doors, kill switches, censorship and more, it‘s hard to believe that anyone outside China would accept a Chinese appstore or any other Chinese software ecosystem.

As distinct from google's T&C's that let them do anything, collect anything, give your data to anyone, and they are likely to discontinue at any time, and you have to agree with before they let you use their apps. :ugh:

olandese_volante
27th May 2019, 08:58
Not that the oh-so-free-and-democratic western world would not do all the evil stuff China is blamed for
Reliable sources tell us the 'merkins have been at it for quite a while:
* Backdoored Cisco routers
* Belgacom hack
* and so on and so forth...