PDA

View Full Version : Air Experience Job, Yay or Nay?

Dwildkat
22nd May 2019, 10:39
Hello all, I am a low time ICAO CPL holder and I have been offered a job as an instructor at an air experience facility. They offer Airline assessments on behalf of airlines and assessment preparation for airline candidates as well as flight simulator experience/exposure to interested members of the general public. I would like to seek some advice regarding the immediate and long term career implications on accepting a job like this. Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum for this. Thank you.

Regards,

Nanjul

AviatorDave
22nd May 2019, 17:02
Do I understand correctly that the offered job does not imply any real flying?

If you want to develop your career into being an active commercial pilot or ATP, maybe one day flying for the airlines, I would consider such job a stop gap, at best.
Do it if you desperately need the money and there is absolutely nothing else within reach.
I‘d try to get something that involves real flying, thus gaining experience and hours in your logbook, even if it is only flying SEPs around for a while. From there work your way up. The more hours, the more experience, the more chances you have advancing yourself to bigger equipment.

Meester proach
23rd May 2019, 00:53
If you have nothing else at present don’t see an issue .....and if it’s a jet and you get a go it’s probably more beneficial than banging around in a C152 at 90kts

AviatorDave
25th May 2019, 09:35
If you have nothing else at present don’t see an issue .....and if it’s a jet and you get a go it’s probably more beneficial than banging around in a C152 at 90kts

Unfortunately, the thread starter has not been getting back with more information. To me, it read as if the job would be ground based instructing/assessing in a simulator.

Mach E Avelli
25th May 2019, 09:39
But is it a real rocking rolling full motion level D simulator or one of those shopping mall jobbies? If the latter, not worth diddly squat.