PDA

View Full Version : Perceived shoot down threat

Capn Rex Havoc
19th May 2019, 00:00
Just read this in the ABC news - Better make sure you call on 127.8

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-19/iran-military-could-misidentify-airliners-amid-tension-us-warns/11127646

donpizmeov
19th May 2019, 01:47
Chaff, flares, roll and pull into it. Sim training and elearning being organised now. Nap of the earth training next for some new destinations. Much more fun than a 3% step right?

ironbutt57
19th May 2019, 03:13
I would be more concerned about some ship taking a pot-shot at me...was interesting listening to them on 121.50 during the last few skirmishes in the region

Monarch Man
19th May 2019, 19:28
Chaff, flares, roll and pull into it. Sim training and elearning being organised now. Nap of the earth training next for some new destinations. Much more fun than a 3% step right?

Even the mighty Jag would struggle Don, best advice is to stay below 50’ AGL and fly into a notch, that however generally requires an accurate idea of where the emitter is.
I’m sure the distance learning will cover this technique.

donpizmeov
19th May 2019, 19:44
Even the mighty Jag would struggle Don, best advice is to stay below 50’ AGL and fly into a notch, that however generally requires an accurate idea of where the emitter is.
I’m sure the distance learning will cover this technique.

I don't think I have ever seen the words “mighty” and “jag” used together before Monach. Perhaps an ALARM shooter as number two and a MAWs Pod or four would work? Elearning will get busy.
I hope you are keeping well.

Monarch Man
20th May 2019, 11:37
Wash thy mouth out Don, the mighty Jag.....mighty Jag!
Id prefer for self preservation a decent ECM package, maybe a decoy or two...and for the bad guys to be shooting at someone else!
All good here, weather is definitely on the improve, beer tastes good with sun on your back, it tastes even better after bouncing a pair of lazy F15Es at low level and showing them how good the Hawk actually is with a bit of low down impromptu DACT.

Impala
24th May 2019, 09:11
Hi MM. that was only because the F15 boys allowed you to. It is like taking a .22 to a canon battle. Hope you enjoyed it!