PDA

View Full Version : Loading FMCs via 3.5 inch discs

blue up
18th May 2019, 18:14
Would anyone be able to pass me details of the correct procedure to load the Nav database through 2 discs onto the 747-400? I assume you load one with the other FMC breaker pulled and then cross-load? I'm not sure of the sequence for cross-loading.

This is for a Sim where the original instructions are lost and there is nobody else round here to show me the drill.

Many thanks

Blue Up.

Filler Dent
19th May 2019, 02:59
AMM: 34-61-00-472-100 for data loading using a data loader
AMM: 34-61-00-472-103 for the cross loading procedure

On the data loader select FMC L, plop the disk in, after 5 minutes or so CHNG will light up, put the other disk in and wait until COMP is shown.
Deselect the loader and remove the disks.

Trip the FMC L and R CBs on P7, count to 10, put in the CB for the FMC L which should have the new NDB.
When FMC L has restarted put in FMC R CB and wait for it to start - it should come up with the crossload page on the CDU R
On CDU L go to the Maintenance page (INIT - INDEX - MAINT) select CROSSLOAD
Type ARM in the scratch pad on both CDUs
On CDU L select the line TRANSMIT
On CDU R select the line RECEIVE
It should then transfer - make sure the FMC master switch is selected to L and the Capt + FO source select switches are on the L + R respectively beforehand.
Go to the IDENT page to check the software.

boeing_eng
19th May 2019, 08:30
Or in reality, the floppy disks are unreadable or corrupted so you give up and leave it for someone else!

blue up
19th May 2019, 15:29
Thanks. I had assumed the CBs were tripped prior to inserting the discs. Maybe that was where I went wrong.

:ok: