PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Karachi FIR - Private Flight Thailand to UK

eloigorri
18th May 2019, 03:59
Hello,
I am planning a trip from Thailand to UK next month in my Piper PA46-350P Jetprop.

The previous few times I have done this journey I normally route through VAAH Ahmadabad into the Middle East - OMFJ, OMRK, or OBBI . This historically meant flying via OPKC Karachi due to the one way nature of the airways there.

This year I am being told that the Karachi FIR is pretty much closed to all flights from VAAH due to their airspace closure earlier this year.

I was wondering if anybody has found alternative routing to avoid Karachi airspace?

I will be planning for FL260, and a with reserve range of 1,100 Nm.

Since I am on a budget, I have been doing most of the flight planning myself using various online planning sites and FliteStar which has served me well i the past.

These have thrown up one route which pretty much remains inside the India FIR all the way South West, but I would like to check this is a valid route before committing to applying for landing permits etc.

If anybody has knowledge of current valid routings through this area, I would very much appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance - E

dc9-32
18th May 2019, 05:32
You can cross Pakistan at FL260 but as you're doing your own flight planning, read the NOTAMS for current information. Your agent obtaining the Pakistan permit should also know what airways are available too !

eloigorri
18th May 2019, 09:18
You can cross Pakistan at FL260 but as you're doing your own flight planning, read the NOTAMS for current information. Your agent obtaining the Pakistan permit should also know what airways are available too !

Thanks. It was my Pakistani permit agent who informed me that routing from Ahmadabad through Pakistan is not possible at this time due to the Notams which only allow transition through the most Northern parts of Pakistan. This would not be viable for my routing so effectively Karachi airspace is closed to me, hence my need to find an alternative routing.
E

dc9-32
18th May 2019, 19:03
NOTAMS show available airways so decide from that.

amraam12
10th Jun 2019, 02:18
What's stopping you from going VAAH-OOMS? Jetex has opened an FBO in OOMS recently which makes life a lot easier at this airport for smaller aircraft.

amraam

dc9-32
10th Jun 2019, 05:16
What's stopping you from going VAAH-OOMS? Jetex has opened an FBO in OOMS recently which makes life a lot easier at this airport for smaller aircraft.

And who on earth would want to pay Jetex prices if they can overfly !

They are the only approved agent now in OOMS for ad-hocs so will (and do) charge what they like.

B2N2
10th Jun 2019, 06:01
my Piper PA46-350P Jetprop

Since I am on a budget

Those two statements are mutually exclusive.
Get professional help to do this.

dc9-32
10th Jun 2019, 08:05
Well said B2N2.

Cut corners and cost and expect problems.