PDA

View Full Version : Best way to apply for a job at Cathay Dragon

PPRuNeUser0209
14th May 2019, 15:32
Hello!

I'm trying to apply for the A320 FO position at Cathay Dragon. I'm wondering how to go about it. Through CAE Parc Aviation? or through the career website?

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Cpt. Underpants
15th May 2019, 03:54
Parc will probably take a commission (from you, I suspect) so I’d go to the CX Dragon recruitment websites directly.

I would suggest that you do your homework, beware the Dragon etc yada yada yada however I suspect that you already have if you’re here on this forum.

8driver
15th May 2019, 06:15
If you apply through Parc you will probably have to supply your own pineapple whereas if you apply directly to CX Dragon they may supply (apply) the first one free of charge.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQw6KuNKqs

Please be sure you are proficient in "Oh Captain, no tug driver", "Oh Captain, no tug" (as tug drives away to service local carrier), "Oh Captain, waiting for stair truck driver", you get the point. The mainland is good fun.

PPRuNeUser0209
19th May 2019, 15:23
Thank you so much!

HHChan
20th May 2019, 12:40
he is asking how to apply..not the horror stories which he probably knew..haha

Slasher1
20th May 2019, 13:48
Are people so selfish and callous that they would knowingly let a brother pilot drive his life off a cliff ?

Stay the f@ck away and do not apply. You will thank me later.

Farman Biplane
21st May 2019, 11:37
Traditionally the best way to apply to Dragonair was to apply to Cathay, fail the process and then walk over to team red!

YellowFever777
21st May 2019, 15:50
Traditionally the best way to apply to Dragonair was the apply to Cathay, fail the process and then walk over to team red!

"the apply to Cathay".... Did you fail the KA English test?

bacou
22nd May 2019, 03:38
I would apply directly to keep Parc as a backup to get another job after a free rating paid by KA

Gnadenburg
23rd May 2019, 07:52
Traditionally the best way to apply to Dragonair was to apply to Cathay, fail the process and then walk over to team red!

Yes and I'm thankful those senior KA pilots missed out at CX and made their way to KA. They won some tough industrial campaigns and wrote a solid COS.

Grateful.