PDA

View Full Version : ADA & HeliSpeed

400hover
10th May 2019, 06:57
Hello Rotorheads, a couple days ago, i was doing my daily check in LinkedIn, and I found a post from the Operations Director from Helispeed regarding ADA.

"
Blackpool, England (May 7th, 2019) – HeliSpeed and Abu Dhabi Aviation have signed a 2-year agreement for pilot staffing, during which HeliSpeed will provide qualified and experienced helicopter pilots to support Abu Dhabi Aviation’s growing operations in the Middle East and beyond, on a variety of helicopter types, to include the AW139, the Bell 412 and the H135.
​​​​​​...
"

This arised silly questions...
Has ADA lost training and recruiting capacity??
Is ADA without stable contracts??

​​​​​​Is ADA reducing or keeping the numbers of core pilots and resourcing through Helispeed some pilots for extra work?

​​​​​

What you think of it?

Hedski
10th May 2019, 08:37
Short version ADA have no issues. I also asked an ADA contact who said the candidates put forward so far have not been suitable. Helispeed talking a story at all the conferences and events claiming to be able to fix everyone’s crewing arrangements. Their advertised rates via Helispeed are vastly below ADA rates so clearly a pointless middleman taking a sizeable chunk for... well, nothing really. Just like Helispeed tried to do with CHC Aberdeen where going via them meant lower pay and paying about £8k for simulator LPC yourself while proceeding directly to CHC meant free type rating renewal and higher daily rate.

I see a pattern forming.....

400hover
14th May 2019, 18:30
I believe i can see the same pattern... but a lot of pilots don't, thats why there was a lot of pilots congratulating the company and the DOV in that Linkedin post.