PDA

View Full Version : New CX slogan ‘Move Beyond’

Freehills
9th May 2019, 10:32
Many have, many have. #movebeyondCX

Rated De
9th May 2019, 11:31
Rather of concern was that on first read it looked like 'Move behind' Perhaps symbolic of CX's treatment of staff?

Avinthenews
9th May 2019, 12:21
http://onemileatatime.com/cathay-pacific-move-beyond/

Ouch,

To use it in a sentence, “Cathay Pacific had a massive data breach that impacted millions of people, and now they want us to Move Beyond it.”

kenfoggo
9th May 2019, 12:43
An awful slogan. Cathay’s exhortation to “Move Beyond” has already been heeded by many passengers who find that competitors offer a better service and many staff have already left or are planning to leave. Dreadful disconnect between what is promised and the reality.

Foxdeux
9th May 2019, 14:24
I recently dropped my mom off at YYZ and it was the only airline that had a self serve kiosk which was shared with Air Transat. Literally I had to help my mom scan her own passport, print the luggage tag, and move the luggage to an automated conveyor belt which would then scan the tag, provided that you put it in properly. If this is "Move Beyond" then no thanks. China Southern had a full service kiosk handling all the mainlanders and it seemed fine.

smogluver
9th May 2019, 15:00
​​​​​​Don’t know who is giving them PR advice but they certainly seem to be miss judging their market. Guess I think they can fill the front end of their aircraft with dink’s. However this place has always been a business airline they are trying to turn it into a world roaming “Mardi Gra”. Maybe I am just getting old but really!!!!.

Twiglet1
9th May 2019, 16:16
Grass is always green would be better for you Nigels!

cpdude
9th May 2019, 16:58
​​​​​​Don’t know who is giving them PR advice but ...

Likely the same people that advised on fuel hedging, ticket price programming, aircraft painting and many other "successful" CX ventures!

Flex88
9th May 2019, 17:30
Likely the same people that advised on fuel hedging, ticket price programming, aircraft painting and many other "successful" CX ventures!
And you forgot IT security...

"Move Beyond", I'm sure they paid their PR enablers as much for this dead at the start "catchphrase" as they did for the previous "Life Well Travelled" dud.
Don't forget, these days saviour Merlin probably signs off on this garbage.

Run for the doors #CXit

Starbear
9th May 2019, 19:23
Same PR team at same relative costs, for what? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7114861.stm)

cxorcist
9th May 2019, 20:17
Could this be one of those PR slogans that works great in Cantonese, but comes up well short in English? It’s just uncanny how CX consistently steps on itself in the PR department, both with employees and customers. It’s concerning. If they are this bad at everything they do on the 9th floor, CX will surely go out of business eventually. Time for outside management???

cannot
9th May 2019, 21:39
Move Beyond what ?
Crappy service ,
Lousy food,
‘poor choice of drinks
Awful staff relations.
i just cannot believe that they would chose this slogan . I have to wonder how much they paid some PR group for this piece of garbage . Why not use that money to run a worldwide competition with say 4 first class tickets to any destination for the winner . At least find a catchy slogan .
MOVE BEYOND is something that I do when negotiating the piles of human feces left on the streets of San Fran by those wonderful friendly homeless bums

MENELAUS
9th May 2019, 21:50
on the streets of San Fran by those wonderful friendly homeless bums

Homeless bums ? Poor bastards more like. Any idea how much separates most of us from one of those poor unfortunates. ? Not v much. Divorce, depression, few missed payments.Then the slip in to debt and it can very easily lead to homelessness.
None of us are immune, frankly.
Now back to the thread.
Sh@t name. Sh@t idea. And more good money after bad. And I’ve still got no idea wtf it actually means. However a very nice video from a director that I’ve never heard of telling me I’m loved and wanted. So that’s alll right then. In the meantime we get to deal with cabin crew requests for our meals as they’ve short changed the pax catering. Ffs

Threethirty
9th May 2019, 22:11
“Beyond Move” would have made more sense

Hellenic aviator
9th May 2019, 22:30
None of us are immune, frankly. Quite. Pity the majority don’t realise this.
Returning to the thread, And I’ve still got no idea wtf it actually means I suspect the team that well thought this new slogan are possibly the same that thought “Asia’s World City” means something.

1200firm
9th May 2019, 23:11
The mother of all cheesy, meaningless slogans.

The FUB
10th May 2019, 00:04
One Step Beyond

Madness 1979

(lyrics were pretty terrible too)

mothy1583
10th May 2019, 00:23
"Move Beyond is about challenging every one of us in the airline group to go above what is considered standard or expected and reach new levels of service and customer experience that places us amongst the world’s greatest service brands."

This should see an end to Contract Compliance - now I know why I need to do more. Wish the GMA would increase my salary "above what is considered standard or expected" rather than waste millions re-branding. Maybe the new slogan should have been "Turd with Sprinkles"

If only CX didn't insist on Contract Compliance towards me since the day I joined, I might be tempted to accept the "Challenge"

cannot
10th May 2019, 01:30
Globocnik,
even if I was homeless I would not leave my feces on the sidewalk as in SAN Fran , there is always a certain level of self respect , most of those homeless people are junkies and have lost all self respect .
Almost any homeless person could secure a job if they wanted to work , be it sweeping the streets washing dishes , flipping burgers . The issue is they don’t want to work, so no I don’t have any sympathy for them . The people I do have sympathy for are those who used to have good jobs and have fallen on hard times but have the self respect to get a job and make the best of their sutuation.
sorry for the thread shift .

Slasher1
10th May 2019, 02:26
Well it’s my lucky day — I was wondering what happened to the fuel hedge dude. Looks like he’s the new idea man in the advertising department.

8driver
10th May 2019, 04:01
Homeless bums ? Poor bastards more like. Any idea how much separates most of us from one of those poor unfortunates. ? Not v much. Divorce, depression, few missed payments.Then the slip in to debt and it can very easily lead to homelessness.
None of us are immune, frankly.

Globocnik:

Its not about homelessness or being on hard times. Its about addiction, pure and simple. And to a lesser degree mental illness. And those cities lack of will to call it what it is and deal with the problem due to political correctness. Watch this video by news station KOMO in Seattle, a city that has it worse than San Fran (if you can believe that). Its an hour long but very educational.

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/bpAi70WWBlw

I find it hard to believe that people as educated as we are in this profession buy into the crap city councils in San Fran and Seattle are selling.

Now back to the thread.

controlledrest
10th May 2019, 04:55
Company is a bit late with this. Everyone I know has well and truly 'Moved Beyond' giving a flying ****.

cannot
10th May 2019, 05:28
8 Driver you are absolutely correct , Democratically controlled cities are a problem , they will not address the homeless issue which will become so bad that very soon tourists will stop going there. Pelosi doesn’t care the mayors don’t care and so the situation gets steadily worse . I know what I would like to do to fix the situation but the libtards would be screaming that it wasn’t fair or humane and that homeless have rights too .

Priority Club
10th May 2019, 06:00
"Beyond Help" would have been more appropriate.

8driver
10th May 2019, 06:09
Translation: We want you to do more for free.

Then it should also mean management giving us beyond what is standard or expected in regard to our pay and CoS if they expect that effort from us. Yeah,.........forgot for a minute there I was working on a one way street.

AllWobbly
10th May 2019, 11:00
Do you think “Left Behind” would be a suitable slogan for KA?
it seems that they dont feature in the campaign despite the exhortations from all and sundry to get behind this “powerful and ambitious commitment”

Frogman1484
10th May 2019, 12:00
Cathay Move Beyond....I’m looking for a job at another airline !

FlexibleResponse
10th May 2019, 14:17
Surely that doesn't mean GTFOOH?

DessertRat
10th May 2019, 14:32
Well it is an anagram for:

Moved on - bye!

cxorcist
10th May 2019, 15:07
Do the PR and consultancy firms responsible for producing this garbage actually create value for companies? Or is it just another one of those things that “everyone does” so companies just keep on doing it? Is it part of some super secret corporate code? Thou shalt support the HR/PR and corporate consultants! I seriously wonder.

Clearly, this is aimed at front line service staff, not pilots so much. So if you were a young cabin crew member or checkin/gate staff, would this change anything for you? Surely, even poorly educated employees can see through the blatant attempts to get more for less, or more for nothing.

CX employees, in the old days, used to go above and beyond because they were part of something special, and they were compensated and treated as such. These days, all CX employees know that the “special” left the operation many years ago. You can’t get that back easily, if ever. It’s gone. CX is a very average airline that treats its staff horribly by all reasonable industry standards.

DropKnee
11th May 2019, 05:41
It got me to move beyond CX. 😊

ACMS
11th May 2019, 09:25
It’s about time CATHAY moved beyond the bull dust and went back to their core business.......
A company is more than a slogan and cheap wine....

pill
12th May 2019, 09:39
For a bunch of stooges who wouldn’t know if their shorts were on fire, “ A life well tired” (CMP induced), leading into “Beyond, beyond”) is remarkable astute.