PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Ground School for Cabin Crew

Kri5ty
9th May 2019, 06:22
Hi everybody,

I will be attending ground school on the 29th of May and I was wondering if anybody has any tips in passing? Will we be asked to leave if we fail some parts of the training or will we be able to redeem ourselves? I also am not the strongest swimmer and can only do "frog" techniques lol and I am able to stay afloat. Do you think this will be okay or should I take some swimming lessons?

All help and tips would be appreciated!! Thanks :)

Midflightmeltdown
10th May 2019, 12:27
Tips for passing? Study study study and tell family and friends you are going AWOL for several weeks ;)

with swimming- as stated in the application requirements you need to pass a swim test. This needs to be signed off by a registered lifeguard. Have you done your swim test yet? They will want to have the form by the time you start GS if not sooner.
You need to swim 50m fully clothed and tread water.
If they haven’t already, they will send you the form by email soon. If you think you can’t do this, i’d Start working on this ASAP because you can’t get away with not having it and you will need to also swim across the pool in GS

Wannabecrew0209
17th Jul 2019, 11:09
Hi guys,
do you swim across the pool with or without a life jacket in ground school?
thanks,
mel

Tips for passing? Study study study and tell family and friends you are going AWOL for several weeks ;)

with swimming- as stated in the application requirements you need to pass a swim test. This needs to be signed off by a registered lifeguard. Have you done your swim test yet? They will want to have the form by the time you start GS if not sooner.
You need to swim 50m fully clothed and tread water.
If they haven’t already, they will send you the form by email soon. If you think you can’t do this, i’d Start working on this ASAP because you can’t get away with not having it and you will need to also swim across the pool in GS

Midflightmeltdown
17th Jul 2019, 12:07
Both with and without lifejacket. They will want to see you swim across the pool no lifejacket first. You don’t need to be a professional strong swimmer but you do need to be able to swim

Lolalily1
22nd Jul 2019, 08:28
Hey!

I have been accepted into the ground school for international cabin crew this month!!! :))
Any heads up on what to expect? week by week?
I'm so excited and trying to get as much information as possible! any type of information is good information!
And if already working i'd love to know even more about the in depth details of the job

I cannot wait!!

Have a beautiful week!

x

Elysia Denison
29th Jul 2019, 03:13
Congratulations!! What day do you start?

m.adz
1st Aug 2019, 05:54
Hey!

I have been accepted into the ground school for international cabin crew this month!!! :))
Any heads up on what to expect? week by week?
I'm so excited and trying to get as much information as possible! any type of information is good information!
And if already working i'd love to know even more about the in depth details of the job

I cannot wait!!

Have a beautiful week!

x
This is so exciting - congratulations!! I received an email yesterday saying my application has been put on hold to see when there is an update on ground school dates. Were you also put on hold? If so how long?

Elysia Denison
1st Aug 2019, 21:21
This is so exciting - congratulations!! I received an email yesterday saying my application has been put on hold to see when there is an update on ground school dates. Were you also put on hold? If so how long?