PDA

View Full Version : Ballarat Airport Upgrade

CharlieLimaX-Ray
9th May 2019, 04:38
Billy Shorten is promising a $14 million upgrade to Ballarat airport including extending runways to cater for large commercial aircraft, if Labor wins the federal election.

Details are on www.thebull.com.au webpage.

LeadSled
9th May 2019, 07:49
Billy Shorten is promising a $14 million upgrade to Ballarat airport including extending runways to cater for large commercial aircraft, if Labor wins the federal election.

Details are on www.thebull.com.au webpage.

Must be a marginal seat??
Tootle pip!!

Fieldmouse
9th May 2019, 08:15
Any time a rural or regional can extract a few bob for an upgrade it' s a good thing. Maintaining an airport is one thing, improving one is a whole other bucket of $$$. Especially for a council. Great to see.

Capn Bloggs
9th May 2019, 11:58
Yes, the money's coming from your franking credits. :cool:

58nm from Tulla, 45nm from AV? Large commercial aircraft? Shifty's right.

Must be a marginal seat??
A few pig farms there, I think...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
10th May 2019, 00:38
Does Ballarat have a 'Regional Service'..?

Just curious is all.....

Cheers

YPJT
10th May 2019, 03:46
$14 mil pfffft.
Nothing compared to the obscene spend fest that occurred at Busselton. Even that though wasn't enough to save the chair sniffer Buswell and still not an RPT service in sight.

zanthrus
10th May 2019, 04:20
Runway extension has already begun with clearing land to the southern end. Nothing new to see here Shifty. I hope they smooth the bumps out in the current runway as well!
I love how politicians promise things that have nothing to do with them and make it seem that they are heros for it.

Clare Prop
10th May 2019, 12:01
Anything to do with the ST academy? Is that up and running?

zanthrus
11th May 2019, 06:46
STAA Ballarat is running as always.