PDA

View Full Version : LAME Ian Gill

Torres
8th May 2019, 22:34
One of Gillies family is trying to contact him.

He is ex Air Niugini, long term in PNG. Was in Cairns and Horn Island for some years in the 80s and 90s. I ran into him in a supermarket in the Gold Coast about a decade ago.

Last heard running a Motel in Clermont but now believed to be living in Fiji??

If you have Gillies contact details, please leave a comment here and I will send you a PM.

Thanks

zac21
9th May 2019, 00:27
PM sent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Duck Pilot
9th May 2019, 08:04
PM Ian's details to me please if you don't mind, knew Ian when he was with Uzu Air.

Bend alot
9th May 2019, 08:16
Some people need a rest for a while - keep that in mind.

Duck Pilot
9th May 2019, 09:35
Fair call Bendie, Ian would be getting on a bit now like all the rest of us! The great thing about Ian was that he got a lot of respect from the pilots who he worked with, because he was a true gentleman and didn’t cut corners, hence I learnt a lot from Ian during the time that I knew him on Horn Island and I didn’t work for Uzu Air.

One of Aviation’s “True Gentleman” in my humble opinion.

Bend alot
9th May 2019, 09:58
Just a comment mate.

Avterd
12th May 2019, 12:38
Hi Folks,
Had to register to get in here. I am in constant contact with Gillie.
Torres, Zac21, Duck Pilot, Bendie.
Gillie is fit and well. I have shown him these posts. He thanks Duck for the kind words.
Torres. Gillie knows who you are and asks where you got the query from as he knows all of his family members (he thinks, lol)
Duck. Getting on a bit for sure. Still gets on a bit. Just more slowly nowadays. Says the end of the perch is getting closer.
What a waste.

Torres
12th May 2019, 21:26
Avterd

I sent you a PM with the full details. Give the old b*stard my regards. :}

I have his contact details, now passed on to the inquirer. I will also pass on his contact details to Tub who thought he was still in Central Queensland.

"One of Aviation’s “True Gentleman” in my humble opinion."

That would certainly be a debatable statement! :}

Torres