PDA

View Full Version : Temora Aviation Musuem to Close

Street garbage
7th May 2019, 22:16
I have heard that the Museum is to close, and the aircraft have been "gifted" to RAAF Museum at Point Cook.
Anyone heard anything?

Vag277
7th May 2019, 22:31
First part not true, second part correct

Street garbage
7th May 2019, 22:51
First part not true, second part correct
So Museum to remain open, RAAF to own the assets, will the aircraft still be flying?

no_one
7th May 2019, 23:24
Details here:
https://www.aeroaustraliamag.com/raaf-take-ownership-temora-aircraft/

The unanswered question is why? The tinfoil hat answer is that it takes them out of CASA's clutches but I am not sure I believe that.

Wizofoz
7th May 2019, 23:30
Temora was the love-project of David Lowy, son of Frank Lowy. David was a passionate pilot, a former Australian Aerobatic champion and flew most of the war-birds there.

He now lives in New York more interested in being a Rock musician, so I suspect this is why the motivation to keep the museum in private hands is no longer there.

B772
8th May 2019, 01:09
Will the taxpayer gift of $5,353,151 for airport works go ahead ?

Squawk7700
8th May 2019, 01:26
He looks happy.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x1334/a06595b3_417e_4939_b068_d8f6a0948ec1_98768cdc59b848fdabc6cda 88a600ee59e2cee8b.png

roundsounds
8th May 2019, 06:08
I have heard that the Museum is to close, and the aircraft have been "gifted" to RAAF Museum at Point Cook.
Anyone heard anything?
Next time you might want to spend as much time researching your subject as writing this misleading post.
The museum is not closing, read this:
The true story (https://www.aeroaustraliamag.com/raaf-take-ownership-temora-aircraft/)

admin, maybe you could alter the fake news description?

roundsounds
8th May 2019, 06:10
Temora was the love-project of David Lowy, son of Frank Lowy. David was a passionate pilot, a former Australian Aerobatic champion and flew most of the war-birds there.

He now lives in New York more interested in being a Rock musician, so I suspect this is why the motivation to keep the museum in private hands is no longer there.
David and the team at Temora have made an enormous contribution to the recognition of our war veterans. He has also made an enormous contribution to the Australian Warbird scene.
Hopefully the RAAF will continue to develop this facility.

Wizofoz
8th May 2019, 08:41
David and the team at Temora have made an enormous contribution to the recognition of our war veterans. He has also made an enormous contribution to the Australian Warbird scene.
Hopefully the RAAF will continue to develop this facility.

Oh, no question- and if he now wants to be a Dead Daisy instead of a Biggles, that's entirely his prerogative- It's a loss to the Warbird scene though.

jonkster
8th May 2019, 09:13
planes are now owned by the australian public, still flying, why is it a loss? The fact that David created this collection is fantastic but in private ownership the aircraft would be more at risk long term. How many private collections or aircraft have been lost overseas when the owner moved on, lost passion or circumstances changed etc. Sounds a great outcome and will ensure long term security for the aircraft..

Wizofoz
8th May 2019, 21:45
planes are now owned by the australian public, still flying, why is it a loss? The fact that David created this collection is fantastic but in private ownership the aircraft would be more at risk long term. How many private collections or aircraft have been lost overseas when the owner moved on, lost passion or circumstances changed etc. Sounds a great outcome and will ensure long term security for the aircraft..

Agreed. Just that David, his passion and his $$$$$$ remaining committed for longer might have meant an even bigger collection.

Squawk7700
9th May 2019, 01:13
I’m surprised (and glad) that the RAAF took them over of the future looked to not be so bright. I did see mention of an initial 5 year arrangement. I wonder how that works. Hopefully it continues on after that.

Street garbage
10th May 2019, 06:22
Next time you might want to spend as much time researching your subject as writing this misleading post.
The museum is not closing, read this:
The true story (https://www.aeroaustraliamag.com/raaf-take-ownership-temora-aircraft/)

admin, maybe you could alter the fake news description?
Maybe you should have read the whole thread before you tried to enlighten us with your knowledge, maybe even as far as my reply (number 3).
HARS members (including myself), in the week leading up to WOI were told exactly what I said by a person, we shall "high" up, in the Organisation. I asked the question here for clarification. Not all of us can use our hard earned to subscribe to aviation magazines.
As for the museum, and after talking to serving members of the RAAF, how long will those aircraft continue to fly considering how risk adverse the RAAF is? As seen with the the handover of the assets of the RAN Fleet Air Arm, it only takes one bean counter to stop the whole thing..I seriously hope I am wrong.

roundsounds
10th May 2019, 08:03
Maybe you should have read the whole thread before you tried to enlighten us with your knowledge, maybe even as far as my reply (number 3).
HARS members (including myself), in the week leading up to WOI were told exactly what I said by a person, we shall "high" up, in the Organisation. I asked the question here for clarification. Not all of us can use our hard earned to subscribe to aviation magazines.
As for the museum, and after talking to serving members of the RAAF, how long will those aircraft continue to fly considering how risk adverse the RAAF is? As seen with the the handover of the assets of the RAN Fleet Air Arm, it only takes one bean counter to stop the whole thing..I seriously hope I am wrong.
The title of your thread reads like a statement rather than seeking clarification.
“Temora Aviation Museum to Close”